Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:53:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE has NO intermediaries for your BTC!  (Read 1594 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 01:49:57 PM

its instant.  no fees either.  just tx addresses both in and out.  how convenient is that? Cheesy
i do NOT own any shares in GLBSE.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JohnDoe

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 01:57:03 PM

Oh? I was under the impression they charged a fee for every transaction. How does GLBSE profit then?
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 01:58:51 PM

Oh? I was under the impression they charged a fee for every transaction. How does GLBSE profit then?

yes they do charge per tx.  i said no fees to tx BTC in and out of GLBSE.
JohnDoe

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 02:03:04 PM

Oh ok, my bad.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2011, 02:08:20 PM

Good question, right now we dont.

There is a withdrawl fee, but this is to pay for bitcoin transactions (0.01btc per kb) so that the withdrawls are handled quickly. We also charge 1btc to register a new asset (we'll be dropping this to 0.5btc soon, Tawsix I'll be refunding 0.5btc for you registering so you don't feel burned). This is to prevent spam choking up the system.

For buying or selling assets right now there are no fees, and there won't be any until we bring the system out of beta. Once out of beta we'll probably charge 1%, and once volume grows we'll drop that to 0.5% per transaction. We'd like a low cost high volume exchange that anyone can use and doesn't rip people off (business speak, we're competitive).

Later this evening we'll be adding asset/share motions and voting (nearly finished) and then over the next day or so be able to pay dividends or asset holders.

Also I was wondering, would there be demand for users to be able to transfer bitcoins to another account? Would be quite useful for laundering purposes or another instant processing service (not implemented now, but if you guys want you get).

Our next big step is to build a web based client, following that move to cypherspace.

Cypherdoc, tx addresses in and out? Sorry could you translate....to Avg. Joe's English.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 02:09:34 PM

Oh ok, my bad.

no, mine really.  i'm using "tx" interchangeably for transfer and transaction.  you get the gist.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 02:14:43 PM

There is a withdrawl fee, but this is to pay for bitcoin transactions (0.01btc per kb) so that the withdrawls are handled quickly. We also charge 1btc to register a new asset (we'll be dropping this to 0.5btc soon, Tawsix I'll be refunding 0.5btc for you registering so you don't feel burned). This is to prevent spam choking up the system.

For buying or selling assets right now there are no fees, and there won't be any until we bring the system out of beta. Once out of beta we'll probably charge 1%, and once volume grows we'll drop that to 0.5% per transaction. We'd like a low cost high volume exchange that anyone can use and doesn't rip people off (business speak, we're competitive).

Later this evening we'll be adding asset/share motions and voting (nearly finished) and then over the next day or so be able to pay dividends or asset holders.

Also I was wondering, would there be demand for users to be able to transfer bitcoins to another account? Would be quite useful for laundering purposes or another instant processing service (not implemented now, but if you guys want you get).

Our next big step is to build a web based client, following that move to cypherspace.

Cypherdoc, tx addresses in and out? Sorry could you translate....to Avg. Joe's English.

you would be wise to avoid terms like laundering.  from my perspective, this is a legitimate exchange and i'm just looking to buy and sell good companies to make a profit, not cheat the system.  having said that, the deeper it goes, the better.  Smiley
AntiVigilante

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 02:19:57 PM

I'll come out and say it:
Are you guys comfortable with an entrepreneur activist with a major anti corporate agenda?
I hangout with Anonymous, Telecomix, USUncut, etc. And I serve that 'market'. There's a lot I am self motivated to do. If my work pays my bills and allows me to build new Internets, turf new conquerors, and generally make it easy for people to help themselves I will do a lot without much incentive. Peace of mind is a great motivator.

Right now helping Alabama and Tennessee using bitcoin is a huge priority.

Is that something people are willing to support?

Proposal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=11541.msg162881#msg162881
Inception: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/296
Goal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=12536.0
Means: Code, donations, and brutal criticism. I've got a thick skin. 1Gc3xCHAzwvTDnyMW3evBBr5qNRDN3DRpq
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2011, 02:33:39 PM

Are you guys comfortable with an entrepreneur activist with a major anti corporate agenda?
I hangout with Anonymous, Telecomix, USUncut, etc. And I serve that 'market'. There's a lot I am self motivated to do. If my work pays my bills and allows me to build new Internets, turf new conquerors, and generally make it easy for people to help themselves I will do a lot without much incentive. Peace of mind is a great motivator.

I'm sorry, are you asking are we(GLBSE) comfortable allowing the above mentioned list on our exchange?

The answer is yes, right now were only starting and in the open. But our next step after a web client is to move to cypherspace (accesible only through proxies).

We only dont allow fraudulent listings, those that are solely meant for ripping off investors.

For example, one of the things that I expect this exchange to be used for is futures contracts (farmer joe will pay X kg of beans on such and such a date to the owner of this contract), and one kind of futures contract that is not permitted on normal exchanges are those for drugs crops (Canabis, Cocaine etc.).

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
AntiVigilante

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 05:06:39 PM

For example, one of the things that I expect this exchange to be used for is futures contracts (farmer joe will pay X kg of beans on such and such a date to the owner of this contract), and one kind of futures contract that is not permitted on normal exchanges are those for drugs crops (Canabis, Cocaine etc.).

Well it kind of makes sense that something consumed is going to be volatile. A futures contract wouldn't be anchored to any long term motivators.

Proposal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=11541.msg162881#msg162881
Inception: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/296
Goal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=12536.0
Means: Code, donations, and brutal criticism. I've got a thick skin. 1Gc3xCHAzwvTDnyMW3evBBr5qNRDN3DRpq
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 05:25:21 PM

theres nothing wrong with that agenda.  i'm willing to bet the majority of avg Americans hate what big corporate America is doing to them.  go for it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: