Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:42:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm really annoyed by the Bitcoinica thread in the discussion part of this forum  (Read 1422 times)
Rothgar (OP)

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

Tune in to Neocash Radio

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2012, 09:56:35 PM

I can't believe how many people post silly things in the Emergency announcement part of the discussion forum.  A lot of people think they are more important than they are.  There are even posts that say "+1" and "sub."  I have news for you... no one cares. 

There are even people making claims of fraud with no evidence.  I would not want to censor such a claim, but please people; could you start another thread to discuss that there.  If you post there ask yourself one thing:  Is there content? 

I don't care about your opinion.  I want to know updates from people associated with Bitcoinica,  I want to know that the hacker has sent an message.  I do not want to know everybody's opinion about other peoples' speculation.  I do not wan to know your feelings at the moment.  Start another thread if you must, but please be respectful towards the people who want facts and make sure that you include facts, or post in another thread. 

Thank you,

Visit http://neocashradio.com for the premier weekly bitcoin podcast.
Follow neocashradio on twitter.  https://twitter.com/NeocashRadio

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 10:05:29 PM

I take it you don't want to read dozens of pages, huh?

Just look at Zhoutong's latest posts and you shall be served. (He claims that they will repay in full, force-liquidating pending orders, that's the important bit).

Other than that, stuff ZT didn't mention: bitcoinica.com pointed for a while at meatspin and the hacker sent BCD-ASCII encoded message in a bunch of transactions saying "EXPECT MASS LEAK" - and the rest is pretty much speculation.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Rothgar (OP)

Activity: 374

Tune in to Neocash Radio

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2012, 10:07:06 PM

I didn't know about the meatspin part.  That's stuff I want to know.  Thanks.

Visit http://neocashradio.com for the premier weekly bitcoin podcast.
Follow neocashradio on twitter.  https://twitter.com/NeocashRadio
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 10:14:35 PM

I didn't know about the meatspin part.  That's stuff I want to know.  Thanks.

Apparently the hacker compromised one of the admins email and got access to Rackspace's (and godaddy's?) admin panel from there. There was a brief preliminary "press release" in their blog, but now it's taken down (someone posted it to the thread, here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=81045.msg896790#msg896790 ).

With this, the first ~5 pages and the latest ~3 pages you shall be up to speed - Both facts and latest speculation (*ninja edit).

forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 06:18:39 PM

I can't believe how many people post silly things in the Emergency announcement part of the discussion forum.  A lot of people think they are more important than they are.  There are even posts that say "+1" and "sub."  I have news for you... no one cares. 

There are even people making claims of fraud with no evidence.  I would not want to censor such a claim, but please people; could you start another thread to discuss that there.  If you post there ask yourself one thing:  Is there content? 

I don't care about your opinion.  I want to know updates from people associated with Bitcoinica,  I want to know that the hacker has sent an message.  I do not want to know everybody's opinion about other peoples' speculation.  I do not wan to know your feelings at the moment.  Start another thread if you must, but please be respectful towards the people who want facts and make sure that you include facts, or post in another thread. 

Thank you,

Welcome to freedom of expression in an online format.   If you want information, sometimes you have to read and dig for it.  No free lunch.   I thank Zhou for posting the update with core information to this developing situation.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 07:13:41 PM

There are even posts that say "+1" and "sub."  I have news for you... no one cares. 

+1

Cheesy

The reason people post "sub" is so that the thread will appear in "Show new replies to your posts". Currently there is no way of making a thread appear there without posting in it. The notify button only sends you an email.

enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 07:18:35 PM

The reason people post "sub" is so that the thread will appear in "Show new replies to your posts". Currently there is no way of making a thread appear there without posting in it. The notify button only sends you an email.

This.
nathanghart

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 07:42:49 PM

There are even posts that say "+1" and "sub."  I have news for you... no one cares. 

+1

Cheesy

sub, but not the whole thread. Just the +1s. (it's a new feature).
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 01:40:08 AM

witnessed...

JusticeForYou
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 01:43:31 AM

Nothing stops them from putting a lock on the thread. They didn't and that says that they expected responses. Some good, some bad, some absurd, etc... It is a forum on the internet.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 01:47:00 PM

If only bitcoinica used something like bitcoinica.com or blog.bitcoinica.com or twiter to make updates and not a forum about bitcoin! oh wow, who would ever think of that???

also maybe the coinlab or intersango sites for updates? why us a public forum? also why try to force change to a long established forum to meed the needs of bitcoinica?

sadly I doubt OP is trolling but I wish he was:(

Glad to have withdrawn all my balance from Bitcoinica soon after the first fiasco.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 03:45:09 PM

If only bitcoinica used something like bitcoinica.com or blog.bitcoinica.com or twiter to make updates and not a forum about bitcoin!

This is the real problem, there wouldn't been anywhere near as much speculation/trolling if we hadn't been left in the dark for days with no contact/information beyond what zhoutong was able to tell us. Redirecting their page to the forum with nobody here to give us information was just dumb.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: