Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:57:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I think Pantera Capital is wrong in their $4.2 million/BTC estimate  (Read 2873 times)
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:29:28 PM

I think they are smoking weed here. My best case scenario is about 10-15% of the Gold market size - which would equate to about 50k per coin at 21mn

LOL did you just pull that shit straight out of your ass?

Bitcoin is not only a commodity, its a platform for every securities.
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:33:26 PM

I don't normally get involved with wild speculations on the price because it is exactly that - wild speculation. How can anyone take themselves seriously by predicting these sort of ridiculous prices? Yes, bitcoin could be worth a lot in the future, but it could also be worth very little too. 4.2 Million is just ridiculous, though.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 01:41:34 PM

Personally i think they are right Smiley
Bitcoin will be worth over 1 milion $

That's not realistic, but I would very much welcome it because then I don't have to work anymore.

I think the max price it will ever reach, if ever, is $10,000 and that's a fair estimate.

This is why I think it is realistic...

A statistical explanation why 1BTC may equal 1M USD in future...

Value of 1BTC (around figure)

2009 => 10-2 USD
2010 => 10-1 USD
2011 => 100 USD
2012 => 101 USD
2013 => 102 USD
2014 => 103 USD
2015 => 104 USD
2016 => 105 USD
2017 => 106 USD

--- Early Adoption Ends Here and The Price Stabilizes ---

Pretty interesting... just wondering why didn't i see the trend earlier. If follows the sequence it should 10k by next year. Hmmm. While i like to be optimistic, just hope the rest increase this past few days will sustain

Citizen Shane

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:33:45 PM

I think they are smoking weed here. My best case scenario is about 10-15% of the Gold market size - which would equate to about 50k per coin at 21mn
I don't normally get involved with wild speculations on the price because it is exactly that - wild speculation. How can anyone take themselves seriously by predicting these sort of ridiculous prices? Yes, bitcoin could be worth a lot in the future, but it could also be worth very little too. 4.2 Million is just ridiculous, though.
All they are doing is laying out the math for hypothetical scenarios - i.e. what the price would look like if Bitcoin was as widely adopted as gold. Describing the $4.2 million number as some crackpot hard prediction is disingenuous to what they are actually doing here.
RaXmOuSe

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:44:02 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 08:22:23 PM by RaXmOuSe

One of the best ways to assure destruction of free trade in the world, is to make Bitcoin the leading form of money in the world.

If the electrical grid and the Internet crashed today, fiat would survive. Fiat would survive because people have cash in hand. If the grid and Internet never returned, people could (not easily) go back to record keeping by hand. Bitcoin, however, would be completely gone.

If the fiats of the world were ever overcome by Bitcoin to such an extent that Bitcoin threatened the economy of the fiat system, the Power Elite of the world would see to it that both the power grid and the Internet collapsed. Why? Because they are survivalists. And more than any guy with his family, and his bunkers, and his cached food supply, etc., the global Power Elite are prepared for a potential world economy flop in every way that they can think of. And that includes a whole bunch of ways that might never occur to little people, simply because little people are not of the mindset of controlling nations like the Power Elite are.

Not only are they prepared, but they are the ones who are stockpiling the militaries of the world with all the supplies that they need to survive and take control. Consider the United States. Consider all the armament that the Government has been giving away to law enforcement, and even to lowly coroners. The Power Elite are more prepared than anyone else, and if their fiats flopped, and Bitcoin takes over, they would crash the world, simply to remain in control.

Let Bitcoin grow. But don't let it become BIG... at least not in its current state. If Bitcoin could be held in hand, and could be traded among the people without electronics - computer and Internet - yet retained all the encryption that it currently has, along with the ability to easily be encrypted thousands of times stronger than it currently is, then and only then might it be a candidate for world currency.

In the event that technology crashed in a big way, we would be back to gold and silver, and copper. Bitcoin would be completely gone. Just because we are living in a technologically advancing time, don't think that a technology crash couldn't happen, and that we are safe as we are.

Smiley

Destruction of "free trade" if Bitcoin(p2p currencys) becomes big? Are you stupid?  Grin lol

"Why? Because they are survivalists." lmao.

"The power elite" are divided. Stop buying into that illuminati bs. "They" can't do shit these days when www destroying false information(read: propaganda.). There is a new player on the chessbord. Kiss  Kiss  Kiss WE are the ONES.

"teh p0wer 3lite can turn off !ntehrrrnets and then we must melt metals and buy bread lolz" ... Yeah,  keep up with that "nostradamus_mentality" if you feel good about. But don't try to convince anyone that you have a clue about the future.

Debt based Fiat is DYING and thats a well known fact. Why? Because interest on loans accumulates to fast for it to be mathematically possible? oh...wait! "but fiat iz paper money and will survive teh iL LumInAtI hAx0r turndown event on internetz, thats why fiat is goood" YEAH, PAPER CAN WIPE MY ASS AND HELP IGNITE SUM W00D. Your point is valid. Cheesy

But yeah, "the global Power Elite are prepared for a potential world economy flop in every way that they can think of." BUT that won't still change the fact that "the global elite" is divided and not some concentrated unit who runs the circus, it's more complicated than that.

Anyone who followed the last 8(10?20?50?) years eco/geopolitic would agree on that.  Smiley

Pantera - Rise, type that shit on youtube asap you shitty fake liberal.  Grin  Wink

Let Bitcoin explode and dominate the mfking world. (and no, I don't own a single satoshi, I just like the decentralized open sourced idea <3 #art.)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: