Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:47:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The current health of the Altcoin scene is ?
Great and moving up - 26 (22%)
Ok and coasting along - 26 (22%)
Bad and going down - 18 (15.3%)
Near Death and dying - 9 (7.6%)
Dead - 9 (7.6%)
Unknown - 5 (4.2%)
disgraceful - 25 (21.2%)
Total Voters: 118

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] State Of Crypto ?  (Read 4643 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:43:07 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 05:46:17 PM by Spoetnik

I'm curious what people think the current health of the Altcoin scene is ?

I think it had started on a downward spiral and the pace has slowed but the arrow still points down.
Others at times have argued with me on that usually with a broader perspective response..
as in the coins started at 0 so anything above zero is great.. which is dumb LOL

this is an important question and point usually ignored.
think about it.. what difference does it make arguing about an "Anon" coin here in a dead scene ?
that has been my underlying point all along for well over a year and people don't "get" my point !
for example it's not going to matter if a coin has great new features anymore because people are tired of new coins i think.
once we eclipsed 1,000 coins people started losing interest in all this stuff.

i also think the only thing we cam do is decide right here and right now that each one of us will do the right thing for now on.
we know when we are treading on the edge and pushing it.
and i think the bad state Altcoins are in is because each guy in crypto decided that doing a little bad is ok..
But it adds up !
And i have been saying that for a long time and people can't resist the greedy temptations.
well now you have no choice !
We all ruined it i think (some of us WAY more than others)
and now e need to start over and do it right (publicly and privately)
If we don't the prices of coins will continue to swirl down the toilet and all the arguing about which ones are scams are not won't matter !
Who wants to be King Nothing ?

I think we need the vast majority to be on board or we are doomed..
with out the majority of us all trying to do what is good for crypto rather than what is good for each of us personally we will sink this stuff further and further.

I've never been against making money and every word i ever said was for my own interests.. i'd liek to be able to make money doing this stuff for years to come !
And i have stated this precisely for a year on this forum and on Cryptsy chat etc..

All i have seen for a year and half is people clawing at each other eyes and going at each other throats over rolls of pennies.. chump change !
We could be attracting the Richard Branson's or other rich guys guys into this stuff and have a growing prosperous scene with a bright future
instead we have short sighted stupid greedy people scamming or "bending the rules" for a roll of pennies LOL

Pretty much every guy i ever talked to in the Altcoin scene all over the last two years admitted to supporting shitty coins because they made a few BTC.
well doing that is what got us here and will ensure our scene keeps dying.. that is cancerous and self destructive behavior !

I encourage people to look at the big picture.

These issues are far more important that the "Monero Free for all" topic where guys are bickering on about tech specs or exploits or what ever
with technical wankery and fanboyism etc for hundreds of pages with 60k views and fighting and trolling and drama etc.
If the scene dies it won't matter.. and sorry but Monero is not some special case where it is immune to a tanking dying Altcoin scene..
neither is any other coin.

Sorry it was so long here y'all but i think this needs to be said and i want to see what everyone thinks the state of the scene is in..

I don't think we're dead but we're running out of time.
We all need to be on board and make the conscious decision that will MAKE this scene work and will MAKE it have credibility and integrity.
The choice is yours..

--> I vote "BAD and Going Down" as in popularity is decreasing and coin prices are dropping and we are losing more credibility as time goes on..

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:27:12 AM

Trolling is so last century. When are you gonna join the cool kids?
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:30:18 AM

Altcoins are still growing up and the weak will die out. I see only litecoins standing out.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:21:29 AM

well the votes are surprising so far i think.. you guys think this is good as it gets ?
sad..

chump change guys.. rolling up your pennies is laughable LOL

1,000+ coins ..at each others throats over a shrinking user base and ever diluted market caps etc etc
and we're doing great ? seriously ?

unreal..

you guys all realize there is prob 1,000 different Richard Branson's that looked at this shit and looked at the coins and walked away right ?
any idea why that would be ?

..those million guys showing up each day back in Nov 2013 they still coming at the same pace ?
and how many left long ago ?

oh and i'd appreciate if you guys could tone down the never ending onslaught of posts that follow me around that Troll on me saying i'm trolling.
It's laughable hypocrisy.. posting an off-topic Trolling insult at someone accusing them of trolling is about the dumbest possible thing you could post on the internet.
That is like running around spitting in peoples faces saying, stop spitting in peoples faces LOL
wow good god do you guys do that a LOT here.. this place really does have the dumbest people on the face of the earth i think.

billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:29:35 AM

I would be willing to bet that most of the responses you get in this thread will only validate your points.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 06:46:11 AM

Good relevant poll.

Voted

"great and moving up."

We may be looking at different vectors though.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:47:58 AM

It's in a transitional phase.

Crypto-securities and blockchain tech will be big soon.
The big boys are starting to take an interest. VC funding is up big time.

The devs that make "coins" that really solve a problem and/or provide a real
investment will do well.

Creativity seems a bit low right now. But a few guys have the right idea.
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:16:51 AM

Please add disgraceful
Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:41:59 AM

Please add disgraceful

I'd say just past that and currently stagnant with slight improvement, we had ~15 billion floating in cryptos in Jan,. down to now less than ~5 billion... but another Cyprus event and boom

iampingu

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:54:45 AM

It's all down to the market maker to decide when crypto shoots again, no news stories or whatever.

Alt-coins are just a cross market in the game of capital transfer, aka taking the capital to the market maker.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:02:01 AM

voted "unknown". We are in a period of transition..
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:09:11 AM

Every day more and more things crawling out of this primordial soup. Some of those are inventive and may survive, but the most are dead ends what going to extinct and will be replaced by something new. Evolution at it's best Smiley.
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:00:00 AM

There will be some genius projects posted here. They will end up being historical when looked back on.
Just have to find them when they come. Maybe they are already here.

Some of them may just be tech demonstrators that do not make us any money but serve to advance the field.

Others might do both.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:01:44 PM

Good relevant poll.

Voted

"great and moving up."

Thanks man and hey guys by all means feel free to elaborate on what ever position you support.
I want to hear other peoples perspectives !
This topic is probably the most interesting aspect of Altcoins to me.. are we doing good collectively and moving forward or not ?
Obviously if some of you guys think we're doing just fine then people who believe that are not going to think corrective measures need to be taken.
Those type of guys are prob gonna have the attitude of don't fix what ain't broke i think..

i know there is only so many people out there so the wave that hit us way back of new users was of course not sustainable
but i genuinely sincerely believe we didn't just slow the pace with fresh blood but we have actually had growth grind to a halt and went in reverse.
i don't think we retained very many of those new guys that came along and i could point to an awful lot of signs to support this theory..

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:16:34 PM

There will be some genius projects posted here. They will end up being historical when looked back on.
Just have to find them when they come. Maybe they are already here.

Some of them may just be tech demonstrators that do not make us any money but serve to advance the field.

Others might do both.

and can you see or find them ?

the majority have posted clones and bumped the ANN topics making it way too hard to see a legit coin to take part in.
i think many of you suffer from optimism bias http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimism_bias

and you can't claim this oh well we're just going up and down in phases routine i think.
because a lot of this stuff is a one shot deal sort of..
new users ? we already got them !
it's going to take a long time ..a REALLY long time to get together a new user bases to flock here unaware of this stuff.
so far we already got them and we blew it, as did they themselves with their greed and clone coin support.

also a part of the wave was stuff like Scrypt coins being the most traded and what happened is Scrypt-Asics showed as guys left..
you can't repeat all that !
Too many of you out there play this "it will happen again" game in the scene with crazy optimism but a lot of this is simply not repeatable !

I do think reality is sinking in though.. one massive supporter of the second wave theory i have seen on Cryptsy for a year has changed his mind.. (Krichwins)
He had last i checked always been a big supporter and i had last heard him say over and over that he is done and out and their not coming..

I know it's a tough pill to swallow if you have money invested guys but i think the only solution is to suck it up and face facts.
and doing that is the only hope of recouping a loss / brick wall we're headed for..

i have tried a variety of coins and trades and arb'ing etc for many many MANY months now and it's pointless.. no matter what i do or where or how
this shit just keeps dropping and dying and sinking causing more and more and more and more losses.
don't gimme this it's just me i'm a bad trader crap ..the exchange graphs speak loud and clear.
and if you all can't see that i think your blind !

ps:
disgraceful = added Wink

tattooist

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:20:47 PM

I voted disgraceful

I choose this mostly because of the behaviour of some people that dominate these threads.
The trolling ,abusing and "promoting" is all just too ff'íng much,

Since I spend most of my time here lurking I personnaly don't get involved with them, but then again they might be the reason i'm lurking?
Just imagine yourself beeing new to BTC or alt's and thinking let's see if I can find a forum where I can find some info on these?......and then ending up here

Can you really blame them if they click the site away thinking to themselfs..that's not for me, I'll stick with fiat?
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:48:11 PM

I voted disgraceful

I choose this mostly because of the behaviour of some people that dominate these threads.
The trolling ,abusing and "promoting" is all just too ff'íng much,

Since I spend most of my time here lurking I personnaly don't get involved with them, but then again they might be the reason i'm lurking?
Just imagine yourself beeing new to BTC or alt's and thinking let's see if I can find a forum where I can find some info on these?......and then ending up here

Can you really blame them if they click the site away thinking to themselfs..that's not for me, I'll stick with fiat?

Initial distribution methods is the problem not people i think.
what happens is guys for what ever reason decide to make new ways of starting coins and they are often deemed scammy etc
then we fight.. why ?
bag holders vs bag holders.
and it boils down to guys trying to skid along the edge of what is scammy.
the entire scene is nothing but a never ending experiment of what these usual masked name changing coin cloners can get away with it.
each new coin is another at attempt at getting Bitcoin and what they can get away with this time.

i have also had people say to me here well mind your own business in response to supporting clone coins.. far FAR too many times to count !
and that is also why so many guys here support them and don't comment on the forum.
kind of hard to defend i mined clone coin because i want to make 6 Bitcoin, dump em and cash out right ?

thankfully no one cares anymore so they have to smarten up.
it doesn't matter if another coin comes out.. it's still coin #1,001 and then 1,002 and then 1003 and then..
and THAT is all the public sees !
The commentary on forums has little bearing on it..

a lot of you here are here because you think your fighting and trolling about coins is going to have an impact.
it won't.
people out there are smart and will see all this stupid bullshit as it is ..a load of bag holders fighting over attention for their competing ponzi schemes.
all the games denial trying to Troll on people to discredit them etc etc will never mean a lick of shit !

it's like putting on a show for an audience that is simply not there.. empty seats dumb fuck scammers LOL

if people passing by who look into this stuff felt the content was worth getting involved with they would regardless of the forum behavior.
case in point.. the moronic behavior of much Doge retard and such spamming meme pics posted and such non stop clone supporting..
guys out there seen a chance to make money no matter how fucking childish and gay meme clone coins was or irritating the moron shills are LOL

blame ? look in the mirror guys LOL
Your shit coin is tanking because it's a piece of shit in a sea of shit ..not because Spoetnik is a Troll.  Roll Eyes

try reality it may be a nice change of pace..

my .02

tattooist

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:54:44 PM

My post was no atack on you Spoetnik.
I actualy think you're on the right track most of the times.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 06:10:09 PM

Good relevant poll.

Voted

"great and moving up."

Thanks man and hey guys by all means feel free to elaborate on what ever position you support.
I want to hear other peoples perspectives !
This topic is probably the most interesting aspect of Altcoins to me.. are we doing good collectively and moving forward or not ?
Obviously if some of you guys think we're doing just fine then people who believe that are not going to think corrective measures need to be taken.
Those type of guys are prob gonna have the attitude of don't fix what ain't broke i think..

i know there is only so many people out there so the wave that hit us way back of new users was of course not sustainable
but i genuinely sincerely believe we didn't just slow the pace with fresh blood but we have actually had growth grind to a halt and went in reverse.
i don't think we retained very many of those new guys that came along and i could point to an awful lot of signs to support this theory..

Well pause and think about this when you got to bed...

- from this alt section there has come the solution to all of crypto currencies problems

- all the solutions are here

- this has been despite a very humorous and concerted effort to, distract , disrupt and otherwise stop this innovation.

- so i can tell you at this time all the solutions are here.

not only will this section of the forum be remembered in history but I see it as relevant as the fly lab or fruit fly "room" to evolutionary theory.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:01:36 PM

It's pretty bad. When I first joined crypto, money was not something that I ever considered. I can say I never considered or treated btc like money until it hit $1000+ and cashed it out. The btc I made was never intended to be a form of income or an expected monetary gain.

The altcoin section went from a place of brilliant open innovation( none from me) in open source which I loved and become a horrible mess of closed source scams and bullshit. It started to make me feel dirty as your team is only as good as the weakest link.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: