Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:35:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The current health of the Altcoin scene is ?
Great and moving up - 26 (22%)
Ok and coasting along - 26 (22%)
Bad and going down - 18 (15.3%)
Near Death and dying - 9 (7.6%)
Dead - 9 (7.6%)
Unknown - 5 (4.2%)
disgraceful - 25 (21.2%)
Total Voters: 118

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] State Of Crypto ?  (Read 4643 times)
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:10:59 PM

I'm very surprised most people still have a positive view on this.
We need less oppenents, stronger and more distinctive. Hopefully we'll be there in a few months.
Ix

Activity: 218
Merit: 128

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:27:57 AM

I'd say just past that and currently stagnant with slight improvement, we had ~15 billion floating in cryptos in Jan,. down to now less than ~5 billion... but another Cyprus event and boom

The price was already sky-high at that point for whatever reasons when it went up to $1200ish before Cyrpus--it didn't seem like anyone cared enough about Cyprus or Bitcoin to make it more relevant. I'm not sure that another event like that will change things much. And since then a lot of perceived wealth evaporated from the Bitcoin economy, so it's going to get harder to convince people to buy in on the way up.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 01:13:24 PM

Great and moving up ?

oooooh yeah its going just marvelous guys.. just peachy LOL

Here this sums it all up..

FUD first & ask questions later™
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 06:08:52 PM

I think we could be at the beginning of a new consolidation phase.

In 2015, I think the number of active altcoins might decrease for the first time in history.
Coinic The Hash Hog

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:14:28 PM

I couldn't vote but I will say I thinks it's just ok. It's not dead yet and may well recover in the coming year.
God27

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

The 4th industrial revolution!

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:15:32 PM

I'm very surprised most people still have a positive view on this.
We need less oppenents, stronger and more distinctive. Hopefully we'll be there in a few months.

People investing in Ripple (XRP) will always have a positive view on this....

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:13:16 PM

I think we could be at the beginning of a new consolidation phase.

In 2015, I think the number of active altcoins might decrease for the first time in history.

I think there is a lot of people who are bag holders going back 2 or 3 years here and are not going to come out publicly saying this stuff is screwed.
I would though.. i don't give a shit what bags i am holding.. truth is truth period .
And that is what separates me from many of you Wink

Your comment here MicroGuy reminds me of Vlad's usual cheerful optimism Hhahaha

I would never claim we are totally dead but i see one entire full non stop uninterrupted year of sliding down every single aspect.
This is not good !
And if people want to say it's going great like the poll results say.. then they are full of shit.. they are just flat out wrong.

I should add a new Poll option.. no matter what i will vote "Good" because i have Optimism disease LOL
The majority of people could be running around frantically on fire around here and many of you would grin clutching your bags saying how great it's going  Roll Eyes

I am not new to this stuff.. i started this shit in 2013 then 2014 and now 2015 is fast coming on us.. and we keep drowning !
And just what in the god damn hell is it going to take to get the public to wake up ?

Until you admit there is a problem that i can guarantee you all things will continue to get worse and worse.

We need an Altcoin 12 Step Program !

Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:29:01 PM

It's in a transitional phase.

Crypto-securities and blockchain tech will be big soon.
The big boys are starting to take an interest. VC funding is up big time.

The devs that make "coins" that really solve a problem and/or provide a real
investment will do well.

Creativity seems a bit low right now. But a few guys have the right idea.

Been saying this since last June.

Still it's not too late for people to take notice and prepare.
NSA360

Activity: 560

Crypto Collector

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:17:19 PM

btw...when i see the word "SOON" everywere....makes me sick too  Angry
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 05:34:42 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2014, 05:58:39 AM by Crestington

I voted "Ok and coasting along"

Where you do see a large amount of unprofitable projects, there is new tech and ideas floating in daily. The projects that will survive will be the ones that can turn a profit for it's userbase and can shield itself from outside forces as an attack on it's worth. I see it turning into a vast amount of private financial systems lead by a clan-like userbase, this place is so much like massive multiplayer forums already. You cannot keep away from this place, it is too interesting and that alone can keep this place afloat.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 01:47:28 PM

ya but you can't ignore the context..

some newer project that comes out is still at the end of the day coin no. 3,406................ get it ?

surrounded my greedy lying back stabbing scammers and shit loads of scam coin and clone etc.

why won't you guys get it ?

i see it as neighborhood and trying to sell new users a new coin IPO scam token..
when they come in here (or where ever) they are bullshitted about 100% premined scam coins called IPO / ICO / ITO etc
Then they are robbed and left broke.

your ""good"" project sitting in the corner amongst the filth makes no difference.

WHY ..is this concept so unbelievably difficult for you all to grasp ?

you guys are like delusional about what goes on and many of you never believe any of it until you see it for yourself !
you say.. ya ya FUD  Roll Eyes
then later you wake up..

I like chatting with some of the old timers i run into because we can literally talk for hours on end about scam(s) stunt after stunt.. endlessly
and the reality is noobs don't know about any of them.. they really actually truly are utterly fucking god damn clueless.. how corrupt and fucked up this shit is.
why the fuck do you think i gave up trading and now decided to leave ?

blah blah blah right ?
FUD FUD FUD

oh wait i got fucked in the ass.. he was right many of you say later...

a year from now i will say yet AGAIN

I TOLD you so..

Too little too late and i am tired of wasting my time.. you guys are all hopeless and it's because of the cancerous optimism in the face of evil and debauchery.
some of you will be in jail with a fat optimistic grin on your face with one arm like that guy from the movie Requiem Of A Dream..

a stupid fucked up twisted retard grin of a delusional moron lunatic smiling away on the way to the gas chamber.. ya life is great ! he he he he  Grin
AKA : I will have a fleet of Lambo'z soon.................. An extreme analogy ?
Then you don't know what goes on ...

DrGrid

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 01:52:13 PM

Please add disgraceful
I would rather see "Troll" in addition, probably the worst mark there is.

Bitrated user: DrGrid.
smalltimer

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 02:19:44 PM

altcoins are not dead. Shitcoins and scamcoins are dead and with them the shitcoin traders left and launches became harder and less frequent. What's the problem? Isn't this the shitcoin cleanout everyone was waiting for?
RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 02:36:57 PM

I voted 'death and near dying'

But that's good! I believe that from this death a newer, healthier form of altcoining will arise. Crypto is still in it's wild west phase, much as the soviet union right after it's collapse: gangsters move in and take over the place. Now luckilly there's a good amount of people here doing their best to keep the scammers away and that determination is what safegaurds the survival of altcoins: a 'cordon digital' that keeps an eye out in cryptoland, exposing floppers, discussing new options and preventing nubs from burning money. Nonetheless they're surrounded by digital highwaymen that have their own agenda, trolling, spamming, fudding it up. The real danger lies in how long people will have motivation and energy to keep these guys out.

So my vote may be a negative one but it's only a definitive one once those who care for this community stop caring.

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:29:35 PM

ya but you can't ignore the context..

some newer project that comes out is still at the end of the day coin no. 3,406................ get it ?

surrounded my greedy lying back stabbing scammers and shit loads of scam coin and clone etc.

why won't you guys get it ?

i see it as neighborhood and trying to sell new users a new coin IPO scam token..
when they come in here (or where ever) they are bullshitted about 100% premined scam coins called IPO / ICO / ITO etc
Then they are robbed and left broke.

your ""good"" project sitting in the corner amongst the filth makes no difference.

WHY ..is this concept so unbelievably difficult for you all to grasp ?

you guys are like delusional about what goes on and many of you never believe any of it until you see it for yourself !
you say.. ya ya FUD  Roll Eyes
then later you wake up..

I like chatting with some of the old timers i run into because we can literally talk for hours on end about scam(s) stunt after stunt.. endlessly
and the reality is noobs don't know about any of them.. they really actually truly are utterly fucking god damn clueless.. how corrupt and fucked up this shit is.
why the fuck do you think i gave up trading and now decided to leave ?

blah blah blah right ?
FUD FUD FUD

oh wait i got fucked in the ass.. he was right many of you say later...

a year from now i will say yet AGAIN

I TOLD you so..

Too little too late and i am tired of wasting my time.. you guys are all hopeless and it's because of the cancerous optimism in the face of evil and debauchery.
some of you will be in jail with a fat optimistic grin on your face with one arm like that guy from the movie Requiem Of A Dream..

a stupid fucked up twisted retard grin of a delusional moron lunatic smiling away on the way to the gas chamber.. ya life is great ! he he he he  Grin
AKA : I will have a fleet of Lambo'z soon.................. An extreme analogy ?
Then you don't know what goes on ...

There will always be new Coins coming out whether it is Coin #3000 or Coin #50,000 and that will not stop because of the freedom and easy accessibility of being able to create a Cryptocurrency. You talk like being optimistic is a bad thing but it's not and what you are referring to is blind ignorance which is a big difference. If you are optimistic about the scene or certain projects and only invested a small amount you are prepared to lose the entirety of, then that is the risk you take and must accept that.

It used to be where a newbie account could launch a Coin and get it listed on an exchange on the same day. Now if a newbie account is launching a coin, no one will invest in it but say someone that has been around for while and posts a lot launches a Coin, it does much better. Look at Kingscrown for example, came in around the time of the big pump in November and stuck around and built a little business around it, whether it works out or not I can't say but there are a lot more knowledgeable people around here that came in at that time and stuck around. All you have to do if you want to build rep is to post a lot and try and help people not lose money, the tech will come on it's own and gets cheaper, more accessible, and more skilled people by the day. Why is it that suddenly I'm seeing a lot of newbie accounts making smart posts?

Your not gonna leave this place, we should get a Bitcoin betting site to make a lottery to bet on it. I give you about 1 month before your back or that you cannot go 1 month without posting. Could do options and spreads from 1 day to 1 week, 1 month, first fud, it would be fun. Maybe you'll post less but you won't leave because you can come here and rant and have people listen to what you have to say. What are you going to do with yourself if you have all this extra time on your hands? Open a flower shop and sell daisies to old ladies? You could show them how to use their Cryptocurrency wallets when this stuff really takes off.
NSA360

Activity: 560

Crypto Collector

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 10:55:50 PM

BTC, LTC and RIPPLE will be the incoming future
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 11:02:44 PM

I voted 'death and near dying'

But that's good! I believe that from this death a newer, healthier form of altcoining will arise. Crypto is still in it's wild west phase, much as the soviet union right after it's collapse: gangsters move in and take over the place. Now luckilly there's a good amount of people here doing their best to keep the scammers away and that determination is what safegaurds the survival of altcoins: a 'cordon digital' that keeps an eye out in cryptoland, exposing floppers, discussing new options and preventing nubs from burning money. Nonetheless they're surrounded by digital highwaymen that have their own agenda, trolling, spamming, fudding it up. The real danger lies in how long people will have motivation and energy to keep these guys out.

So my vote may be a negative one but it's only a definitive one once those who care for this community stop caring.

They did not care in the first place guy..

The majority clearly care about profits and hence will support any shit coin and make excuses for their behavior all along every step of the way.
There for this is a machine... a process designed from the ground up from day one to be a greedy money making enterprise.
If a handful of you want to play innocent angel that is fine and dandy but it means fuck all.

The MAJORITY are here to make money and they will continue to support shit-coins because it gives them Bitcoin profit.

AKA: The vicious cycle continues and continues to get worse as i said it would for 1.5 years every single day like i said it would.
While the situation deteriorates and guys endlessly cry well i support some *legit coin.. etc
So what !

People..

YOU CAN NOT IGNORE THE CONTEXT OF THE SITUATION

I don't think most of you "want" to look at the situation as it is honestly and see what is actually happening.
All i see is dogs that shit on the floor and some of us have endlessly tried to force the dogs face into the shit as it pulls it's head away..
in an effort to get the dog to see the shit it made and stop it from crapping on the floor.. every time we push the dogs face it pulls away LOL

You don't have anything to be optimistic about if the majority is going to destroy the scene.
And bag holding has a wonderful way of making you guys spout off unrealistic and delusional optimism.
The bigger the bag your holding the bigger the optimism LOL

Can't admit there is any problem ? then your fucked.. doomed !
Because things will not magically fix themselves and prices will keep dropping and mooooooore coins will keep getting made.
a domino effect and vicious cycle that has and will continue to carry on.. driven by supporters and their optimism and blind delusion.

Your ONLY hope is to admit here is a problem collectively (need a majority for that)
Or if regulation fixes the problem for us.

Or i will pound the living fuck out of you all with "I Told You So's"  Cool ..again

BitcoinBoost

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 08:22:58 AM

Bitshares, NXT, Ethereum, Ripple and Counterparty. I have no hope in 99% of the crap that's pitched here.
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 09:38:15 AM

This whole altcoin section is now simply about targeting holders money, on the most part if your not part of the machine then your losing money. It takes a 30 second look at the threads here to see this.

If you missed the Bitcoin train then that's too bad, if you missed the altcoin train that's too bad as it too has left the station never to return.

The question the altcoin boom answered was do we need hundreds of altcoins? Answer : NO it was a simple but important question but it needed time to play out.

Bitcoin and a few top tier ALTS will make mainstream adoption, but 99.9% of what comes through this altcoin section now is squarely marketed for a select group waiting for the next thing, your not typical or mainstream but you do have money to burn so while your here a small group of devs work tirelessly to provide an endless stream of things you want but don't need.

Bitrated user: Mick.
thedok

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 11:53:29 AM

So, in conclusion, Spoetnik isn't making any profit on altcoins.  Cry
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: