Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:16:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Very Dangerous & Slick Scam: cryptomsgr.com  (Read 2515 times)
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:53:01 AM

I wrote up the details of my tale of woe at the Scam Accusations discussion, but it probably needs to go here for added visibility.  I just lost ALL the BTC in all wallets at a blockchain.info identifier of mine by going to cryptomsgr.com (um, well, yeah, by thinking that the "perforated B" made them "legit"). 

Very fast, very slick, very dangerous.

Don't fall into the trap I just did.  Beware.

Angry
itsAj

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:20:46 AM

This is bad sorry for your loss. Thanks for making people aware.
Gargulan

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:24:24 AM

All new websites that take btc should considered scam unless proven otherwise.

n0rBit

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 02:37:51 PM

I think I should UP this. I hate it when these people fff some people up for btc.
CtrlAltBernanke420

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:08:04 PM

And ppl claim bitcoin is completely safe... Computers and technology could be a threat, perhaps it is a boon, just that 98% of you are going to get robbed, scammed, fleaced.... No different than fiat money.

Perhaps it time our species takes an evolutionary leap forward in the intelligence dept and bitcoin will be the guiding light
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:35:45 PM

And ppl claim bitcoin is completely safe... Computers and technology could be a threat, perhaps it is a boon, just that 98% of you are going to get robbed, scammed, fleaced.... No different than fiat money.

Perhaps it time our species takes an evolutionary leap forward in the intelligence dept and bitcoin will be the guiding light

They are if you store them properly.
tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:36:32 PM

thanks for the update.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
sinip

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 03:41:45 PM

Well, there's one short test you can use to try to weed out bad sites from good ones. Not perfect but...

You see, scammers are usually quite cheap. Smiley

So if you try to access that site using https:// protocol you'll get a warning about bad SSL, like this:

cryptomsgr.com uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is only valid for bbckchah.info
(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

And SSL costs around $40 a YEAR. So if a site owner can't spend that much, just refuse to deal with it. As simple as that. Then again there are very smart scammers but that's different story altogether.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1303

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:42:57 PM

Bitcoin is extremely safe.  Computers, less so and that varies by OS and the operator.  

If I hand my cash to a known criminal, the odds are he'll take it.  This has to do with people, not bitcoin.

Don't leave your bitcoin online.  Don't download software to the computer you use for bitcoin.  Don't give anyone your private keys. 

:-)
ticoti

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:49:29 PM

Thanks for the warning,it is easy to be tricked if you don't beware
ofortuna

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:50:56 PM

I wrote up the details of my tale of woe at the Scam Accusations discussion, but it probably needs to go here for added visibility.  I just lost ALL the BTC in all wallets at a blockchain.info identifier of mine by going to cryptomsgr.com (um, well, yeah, by thinking that the "perforated B" made them "legit"). 

Very fast, very slick, very dangerous.

Don't fall into the trap I just did.  Beware.

Angry

Sorry for your troubles and thanks for warning the community

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████BREAKOUT STAKEWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE July 10 – July 24  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CtrlAltBernanke420

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:32:20 PM

Bitcoin is extremely safe.  Computers, less so and that varies by OS and the operator.  

If I hand my cash to a known criminal, the odds are he'll take it.  This has to do with people, not bitcoin.

Don't leave your bitcoin online.  Don't download software to the computer you use for bitcoin.  Don't give anyone your private keys. 

:-)

Bitcoin might be safe, however 98% of the human population are dumber than rocks... So considering the weakest link.... i think you catch my drift.

Now if those 98% get scammed and die, and only the 2% who are smart and do not get scammed live, then i guess it is a win for humanity..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: