Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:36:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Send your name to MARS from NASA  (Read 948 times)
thebenjamincode (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:36:20 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 04:11:37 AM by thebenjamincode

Hi guys, you can send your name to mars by going to this link: http://go.usa.gov/vcpz

This is the info they have in their website
Reference: http://mars.nasa.gov/news/whatsnew/index.cfm?FuseAction=ShowNews&NewsID=1725

If only your name could collect frequent flyer miles. NASA is inviting the public to send their names on a microchip to destinations beyond low-Earth orbit, including Mars.
Your name will begin its journey on a dime-sized microchip when the agency's Orion spacecraft launches Dec. 4 on its first flight, designated Exploration Flight Test-1. After a 4.5-hour, two-orbit mission around Earth to test Orion's systems, the spacecraft will travel back through the atmosphere at speeds approaching 20,000 mph and temperatures near 4,000 degrees Fahrenheit, before splashing down in the Pacific Ocean.

But the journey for your name doesn't end there. After returning to Earth, the names will fly on future NASA exploration flights and missions to Mars. With each flight, selected individuals will accrue more miles as members of a global space-faring society.

"NASA is pushing the boundaries of exploration and working hard to send people to Mars in the future," said Mark Geyer, Orion Program manager. "When we set foot on the Red Planet, we'll be exploring for all of humanity. Flying these names will enable people to be part of our journey."

The deadline for receiving a personal "boarding pass" on Orion's test flight closes Friday, Oct. 31. The public will have an opportunity to keep submitting names beyond Oct. 31 to be included on future test flights and future NASA missions to Mars.

nakazznicek

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:49:32 PM

So it's official. My name is prolly going to space. Hope my body will follow someday Cheesy

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:35:03 AM

I wanted to but, here I went and posted, and it's back at the top again.   Cheesy

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
asuryan180

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:16:30 AM

bump?

thebenjamincode (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 04:12:41 AM

Hi guys, you can send your name to mars by going to this link: http://go.usa.gov/vcpz

This is the info they have in their website
Reference: http://mars.nasa.gov/news/whatsnew/index.cfm?FuseAction=ShowNews&NewsID=1725

If only your name could collect frequent flyer miles. NASA is inviting the public to send their names on a microchip to destinations beyond low-Earth orbit, including Mars.
Your name will begin its journey on a dime-sized microchip when the agency's Orion spacecraft launches Dec. 4 on its first flight, designated Exploration Flight Test-1. After a 4.5-hour, two-orbit mission around Earth to test Orion's systems, the spacecraft will travel back through the atmosphere at speeds approaching 20,000 mph and temperatures near 4,000 degrees Fahrenheit, before splashing down in the Pacific Ocean.

But the journey for your name doesn't end there. After returning to Earth, the names will fly on future NASA exploration flights and missions to Mars. With each flight, selected individuals will accrue more miles as members of a global space-faring society.

"NASA is pushing the boundaries of exploration and working hard to send people to Mars in the future," said Mark Geyer, Orion Program manager. "When we set foot on the Red Planet, we'll be exploring for all of humanity. Flying these names will enable people to be part of our journey."

The deadline for receiving a personal "boarding pass" on Orion's test flight closes Friday, Oct. 31. The public will have an opportunity to keep submitting names beyond Oct. 31 to be included on future test flights and future NASA missions to Mars.

i joined this, i hope you guys will join too. it will be a great achievement Cheesy
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 11:39:21 AM

I joined too! I wonder where this will lead me...
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:37:13 AM

More names will fly on Mars then is Bitcoin users. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: