Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:26:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-10-09] BS: The men behind India's first Bitcoin exchange  (Read 2190 times)
polynesia (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:40:35 PM

The men behind India's first Bitcoin exchange

http://www.business-standard.com/article/specials/the-men-behind-india-s-first-bitcoin-exchange-114100900750_1.html

After his stint at Hilton, Nikkam returned to India in 2013, intent on working in the Indian Bitcoin business. “I started searching online for Bitcoin activity or community in Bangalore and came across the India Bitcoin meet-up. That got me excited. I have been part of this movement ever since,” he says.

He met Vishwanath at one such meet-up and the two decided to set up a business in the crypto-currency. They launched Unocoin in December 2013 and, in less than a year, claim to have a membership of 3,000 registered users. Though the number of operators in India is small, the players say there have been 150,000 wallet downloads so far.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 08:21:41 PM

http://www.business-standard.com/article/specials/the-men-behind-india-s-first-bitcoin-exchange-114100900750_1.html

After his stint at Hilton, Nikkam returned to India in 2013, intent on working in the Indian Bitcoin business. “I started searching online for Bitcoin activity or community in Bangalore and came across the India Bitcoin meet-up. That got me excited. I have been part of this movement ever since,” he says.

He met Vishwanath at one such meet-up and the two decided to set up a business in the crypto-currency. They launched Unocoin in December 2013 and, in less than a year, claim to have a membership of 3,000 registered users. Though the number of operators in India is small, the players say there have been 150,000 wallet downloads so far.

Hmmm, wasn't buysellbitco.in, India's first bitcoin exchange?

BTCIndia

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:43:22 PM

Benson, that was a lame question.

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 12:49:40 PM

Benson, that was a lame question.

Why? I read through that article and it seemed riddled with some careless writing.
  Currently, there are 21 million Bitcoins in circulation.
In my books, buysellbitcoin and inrbtc were doing business well before.

BTCIndia

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:52:16 PM

You came up with second lame question today. What happened to your common sense?
Seems like you've been working hard. Take a break! And fasten seat-belt to see foreign money at work.

buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 05:10:20 AM

Buysellbitco.in IS first bitcoin exchange in India Cheesy

As far as article concerns, well normally you never know what headline is coming in as that is solely decided by author. As far as facts about Bitcoin concerns, well, we know how lame Bitcoin awareness in India is.

In any case its good to get article on Business Standards and Unocoin deserves it.

@Benson INRBTC is for sure first exchange in India which allowed users to choose their own price. Thanks for mentioning them here.

Regards

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
polynesia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:45:58 AM

I guess the author just went for a flashy title.  Smiley
bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:21:24 AM

Does anybody have an idea about the  person who use to run INRBTC is on the forum and also is he still associated with bitcoin anymore?
BTCIndia

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:29:21 AM

Does anybody have an idea about the  person who use to run INRBTC is on the forum and also is he still associated with bitcoin anymore?

Bitcoin is quicksand. No turning back. They might be working on something else stealth mode.

polynesia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:07:15 AM

And guess who is playing catch up?  Grin

http://www.coindesk.com/pakistans-first-bitcoin-exchange-launches-community-building-ambitions/
btcxindia

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

bitcoin exchange in India

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 04:16:52 PM

BTCXIndia is the first bitcoin exchange with real time trading.

http://www.coindesk.com/indias-first-fully-open-bitcoin-exchange-launched/

Btcxindia
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: