Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:43:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lend me 4 BTC repay 5 BTC tommorow!  (Read 2520 times)
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 08:06:55 PM

This is a reminder OP.In a few hours time,you need to repay 5BTC (for loan of 4BTC) back.Repay to this address when you are able: 1Dr4XpwsZfTY6kbdmgkCgfPvNxYg59k2gQ
Thank you.

Check his post history.  It's all Marketplace->Goods and Lending... Lots of prepaid cards and codes.  You should have done your research before just giving your coins out willy nilly.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 08:07:47 PM

This is a reminder OP.In a few hours time,you need to repay 5BTC (for loan of 4BTC) back.Repay to this address when you are able: 1Dr4XpwsZfTY6kbdmgkCgfPvNxYg59k2gQ
Thank you.

Check his post history.  It's all Marketplace->Goods and Lending... Lots of prepaid cards and codes.  You should have done your research before just giving your coins out willy nilly.

Ok.I'll certainly look into that.Thanks for bring that to my attention Tomatocage.
Edit:I've checked him out and so far the responses seem rather slow/non-existent in the sections you've mentioned tomatocage.Not looking good so far.Question is can/will he pay me back?
I've heard that you can sell debts of defaulters on here but still,it'd be better if I get repaid soon. He does seem to sell a lot of prepaid codes/cards though.

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
film2240
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 10:05:26 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2012, 12:26:03 AM by film2240

Ok OP it's now time to pay up. Please repay to this address 1Dr4XpwsZfTY6kbdmgkCgfPvNxYg59k2gQ asap for 5BTC (for 4BTC I lent you).
If any of you online see the OP,please tell him its time to pay up.
Edit:Late payment will result in late fees being charged unless an extension is agreed with me due to circumstances.Paying on time means no late fees will be charged.This is to deter scammers and odd behaviour (read the gorgo1 loan threads to see what I mean)

smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 02:50:01 AM

He is on to the next username, looking for the next sucker.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 03:03:49 AM

Ok OP it's now time to pay up. Please repay to this address 1Dr4XpwsZfTY6kbdmgkCgfPvNxYg59k2gQ asap for 5BTC (for 4BTC I lent you).
If any of you online see the OP,please tell him its time to pay up.
Edit:Late payment will result in late fees being charged unless an extension is agreed with me due to circumstances.Paying on time means no late fees will be charged.This is to deter scammers and odd behaviour (read the gorgo1 loan threads to see what I mean)

Dude ain't paying up shit.  It was painfully obvious from his post history.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 03:06:07 AM

I would add late fees don't discourage scammers.  They don't intend to repay anything much less additional late fees.

Electricbees

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 03:07:22 AM

I would add late fees don't discourage scammers.  They don't intend to repay anything much less additional late fees.

This... Always this.  Undecided

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
film2240
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 10:31:22 AM

Looks like I'm out of 4BTC.Time to sell off the debt somehow.How do lenders sell off debts on here?Collateral was offered but never given to me.

film2240
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 04:43:25 PM

Looks like I'm out of 4BTC.Time to sell off the debt somehow.How do lenders sell off debts on here?Collateral was offered but never given to me.

next time get the collateral first.
I'l certainly bear that in mind next time Chaang.Thanks for the tip Smiley

film2240
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 04:57:28 PM

To be honest I was drawn into this because of the good sounding interest rate but still losing something to get the interest simply isn't worth it.4BTC certainly isn't much but if I can sell off the debt, I can make an example of what happens to people who don't pay their loans.I'm sure all lenders are interested in getting their money back one way or another.

Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 05:02:27 PM

Is he still posting or signing in here? Do you have his Facebook or other personal details?

If not I really doubt anyone would consider buying the debt from you.
film2240
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 05:40:42 PM

Is he still posting or signing in here? Do you have his Facebook or other personal details?

I haven't seen TheLastDovah since last night.Heard nothing from him.I don't have his facebook or other personal info which means he's probably run off with the BTC.

nckrazze

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 07:43:59 PM

I haven't seen TheLastDovah since last night.Heard nothing from him.I don't have his facebook or other personal info which means he's probably run off with the BTC.

Could you ask admins on the forum for his ip? I know this is 1 step too far but they might be able to supply the info if you really need it.
film2240
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 08:54:06 PM

Could you ask admins on the forum for his ip? I know this is 1 step too far but they might be able to supply the info if you really need it.

Thanks for your concern but the admins have already labeled him a scammer.Justice has been done.One of the admins contacted me earlier.He asked for extra info, I gave him what he needed to know and the culprit was labeled a scammer after that.I won't be seeing that 4BTC again but this isn't much.I do plan to sell debt as I saw a couple of threads on here (in auctions) that went well.One was to do with shakaru (or something) I think. Justice has been done,so I'm not really that worried about it really.

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 01:24:40 AM

Justice has been done,so I'm not really that worried about it really.

I wouldn't say so. He himself was not punished for the crime, his account was merely labeled "scammer". He can, and probably will, create another account and repeat the process.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
film2240
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 10:08:28 AM

Justice has been done,so I'm not really that worried about it really.

I wouldn't say so. He himself was not punished for the crime, his account was merely labeled "scammer". He can, and probably will, create another account and repeat the process.

Obviously it's still not ideal that I lost 4BTC to his but I have to accept that on this forum,this is the best that I can get.Labelling his as a scammer would however have little effect as they can just create new accounts and repeat the process as you say.It seems to me that either some form of centralisation is necessary to track scammers if IDs are somehow known or maybe the whole decentralise thing may not be up to the task (just my opinion,please no trolling me just for my opinion) of stoping people being scammed. I'm curious to know the difference between centralisation (pros and cons) and decentralisation (pros and cons) as i hear those terms thrown around a lot on here.Any advice will be useful thanks.

film2240
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 11:50:59 AM

did he provide a photo?  i remember he asked me for loan and he said he will get back to me with a picture
He never issued me a photo of himself at all.He never even mentioned it.All he mentioned to me was giving his steam account containing a game that was valued at 3BTC at the time.He said that in the event of things going wrong,that I could sell it off.He never actually gave that to me either as he then said that he couldn't change the email address on that account as steam was acting up (or something,I don't really know). Safe to say Dovah is a scammer and has moved onto the next username by now.If you didn't lend to him,you saved yourself from losing BTC.If you did lend to him,well I hope you can get it back some other way (like selling off the debt or doing something else to recoup the loss).

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: