Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:31:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Auction] MoneyPot.com is for sale!  (Read 7416 times)
espringe (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 11:15:06 PM

https://www.moneypot.com/

Regrettably, MoneyPot.com is for sale. We have had an amazing first 2 months and got considerable traction, we have had close to 10,000 accounts created with 16194 BTC wagered ($6.2M USD at current prices) over an amazing 2,395,963 plays (when you consider that each game lasts for ~20 seconds  or so).. Full statistics are available. We have prided ourselves on being extremely open, going so far as to open source the site under the terms of AGPLv3, a tradition we hope the new owners will continue.

Buying this site you will get:
  * The domain name: moneypot.com (which alone has attracted high-offers from companies baring the same name)
  * Full copyright assignment (We release under AGPLv3, but retain full copyright)
  * Control of all servers, email, accounts, database, data and miscellaneous
  * 1 month of my time to help a smooth transitions, and assist and work on anything you need (further than that, I will only be available on a contract basis)

You will not receive the sites bankroll or players deposits. This means you will be purchasing a site with an outstanding obligation to users. If there is no evidence of foul play for 6 months, then amount of money held in players accounts will be transferred to the new owner. This allows me to protect players by offering them a personal guarantee. And this allows the new owner to not worry about a massive user flight.

If anyone need any custom queries run, please let me know. Or if you would like access to the google analytics -- please PM me or email ( ericwspringer@gmail.com ) your google account.

Auction Details:

The auction will close in 7 days from now although any attempts to last-minute snipe will result in me extending the auction for enough time for other serious bidders to respond.

To place a bid, funds must be sent to
Code:
14vaf3D63XpfqEbM3LM8pMNB7mNoX4Xrd7
an address controlled by Dooglus who will function as the escrow for the entire auction. Bids start at 20 BTC and must beat the current best bid by at least 10%. All losing or invalid bids [1] will be returned to the first sending address, so you must make sure that you control the addresses in question (i.e. don't send from shared wallet, coinbase or withdraw from a gambling site). All bids are final.

The winner of the auction will be required to use the sending address to send signed instructions on how to proceed with the transfer of the site. (Or forbidding so, prove they control the address)

[1] Dust transactions are a waste of everyones time, and will not be returned.

Thanks everyone! And let the bidding war commence.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Candystripes

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 11:16:31 PM

Holy shit I can't believe this is happening!

---------------------------------
No longer under the possession of Candystripes.
Account is currently dormant.
Candystripes

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 11:32:37 PM

Also to note, I am Moneypot's campaign manager, community manager, marketer, and advertiser! I am included in the bundle. Best of all, I am free to use, forever!

espringe (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:00:08 AM

Also just to clarify, the new owner will get total control of all the accounts -- just when they get it, it will be empty. I will be using the current players balances to effectively act as an escrow betwen the old deposits and the new owners.
Vortex20000

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 12:21:39 AM

The 20 BTC also comes with a developer working on an Android app, though Mr. New Owner, we need to rework out how much you pay me.

Or whether you want it  Cool

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 01:06:37 AM

Do not deposit any bitcoins to them until Dooglus signs a message to show it is his.

This owner worked with Dice.Ninja a fair bit and it appears the could be possibly running.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
ChiliPowder

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:36:37 AM

I just have a question or 2 before I decide to bid.

You are going have control over the players money.

What stops you from running away with it all, or blaming something on the new owner a month down the road?

What happens if players have deposit/withdrawl issues?

What is stopping you from making a completely different name and site, then opening up another version of money pot.

What do you think is a viable bankroll that would support the variance in the site?

What is the monthly running cost of the site outside of gambling.
BIGbangTheory

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:04:51 AM

I call scam.

I understand you wanting to take the sites bankroll as if you included it then value of the auction would simply be higher by the amount of the bankroll.

To say that you will control the money owed to players is just crazy. There is nothing to stop you from running away with player's money after the site is sold. There is also nothing to stop you from artificially inflating the balance in players' accounts so the bidder would need to payout more money then they should. Not only would you running away with the players' money cause the highest bidder to have an increased liability but would also hurt the value of their website. 
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 02:08:26 AM

I call scam.

I do too.

I think they are making their way to the door cause Dice.Ninja did.

DMF was involved with this site too from what I read in the troll boxes.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Edser

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:35:53 AM

14vaf3D63XpfqEbM3LM8pMNB7mNoX4Xrd7

The address for the 'escrow' is also listed on a scam that just went poof.
Why would anyone bid by sending BTC, that's not an escrow at all.

List this on a true auction site like cryptothrift with escrow included.

Lots of red flags.

quote defcoin ==== LOL... oh no, the coin is dead cause $DEV doesn't live on BCT! When will you people learn that everything on here is completely irrelevant next to useless. Devs need to stop using it all together, only then can crypto begin to flourish. It's such a shame that people consider this shit hole to be the pinnacle of information when it comes to developments. I don't blame $DEV for not coming on here, and frankly I am embarrassed that I even check BCT myself.
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 02:44:46 AM

It seems to be confirmed here:

Dooglus has been kind enough to act as escrow for this auction. 

To place a bid please do the following:

• Send the bid amount to the following address controlled by Dooglus(he will be acting as escrow) - 14vaf3D63XpfqEbM3LM8pMNB7mNoX4Xrd7
  • The sending address you choose should be one you control and not one associated with an exchange, gambling site or other third party
  • Sign a message with the address you sent the bid from confirming your ownership of the address - can simply sign with your bitcointalk forum name
  • Post that signed message here along with your bid amount

He forgot to say that you can increase your bid by sending the increase to the same address, from the same registered address.

And, I guess, that I'll return all the coins which didn't win the auction to their registered sending address at the end of the auction.

But I'm just acting as escrow, so don't take my word for it.

That this is really Dooglus' address Wink

Candystripes

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:51:48 AM

Nice try wannabe Vod's xD, this isn't a scam. That is doog's address, and just because there have been scams lately, that doesn't prove shit. Show proof or don't post at all. False accusations are never nice to have in a section where you can't delete or edit posts.

Edser

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:56:59 AM

What is a Vod and who is Doog(las)

no update was made to the other auction, just people saying it vanished.

quote defcoin ==== LOL... oh no, the coin is dead cause $DEV doesn't live on BCT! When will you people learn that everything on here is completely irrelevant next to useless. Devs need to stop using it all together, only then can crypto begin to flourish. It's such a shame that people consider this shit hole to be the pinnacle of information when it comes to developments. I don't blame $DEV for not coming on here, and frankly I am embarrassed that I even check BCT myself.
BTCfan668

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:02:56 AM

Nice try wannabe Vod's xD, this isn't a scam. That is doog's address, and just because there have been scams lately, that doesn't prove shit. Show proof or don't post at all. False accusations are never nice to have in a section where you can't delete or edit posts.
You are not exactly reputable yourself. You received .2164 from someone that accidentally overpaid you on a trade then over a week later you were called out and it turns out that you had the money to repay the entire time.

See this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=768276.0;all

I would say that anyone using candystripes as a manager is not trustworthy. I also call scam.

If you want to be trustworthy then you can either force users to withdraw their balance prior to the transfer of ownership and they can deposit funds back if they choose or to have a reputable escrow hold the coins with a much more detailed agreement as "6 months of no foul play" is very vague as many/most sites go through some kind of controversy.
espringe (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:50:33 AM

Oh god. The timing of this isn't ideal. Let me clear things up:

a) I did not work with dmf "a fair bit". He invested 25 BTC in the site, I paid him back (a 7 BTC profit). End of story.

b) Dooglus just gave me an address controlled by him. It was an address that was previously supposed to be used for an escrow, but as you can tell, no money went through that address. It's an address that's never been used.

"To say that you will control the money owed to players is just crazy"

I just mean, that the current amount owed to players  (25 BTC) will not be part of the sale. I'll just hold that as insurance for people who played on my trust. If something goes wrong with the new operator, I'll use that 25 BTC to pay the current accounts.

Also Candy is not a manager, nor works in any official capacity. He suggested I run a sig campaign, I told him I didn't have enough time, he offered to run it for me.

Anything else? Tongue
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:34:07 AM

Why do you sell it ?

lossing ?
Don't have a time to manage it ?

Smiley
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:44:04 AM

How many deposits are on the site? Your asking a lot for a bidder to spot the site balance. Users should have their balances returned, and they can decide if they want to redeposit under the new management or not. For all we know there could be 500BTC on the site, meaning a bidder would need to have 520BTC+ tied up for 6 months... Assuming you don't run off with the balance in the meantime.

"a) I did not work with dmf "a fair bit". He invested 25 BTC in the site, I paid him back (a 7 BTC profit). End of story.", you also have a link on your homepage saying "Or if real-time isn't for you give dice.ninja a try", so you are directly supporting their site.

Whats the site profit?
espringe (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:52:00 AM

How many deposits are on the site? Your asking a lot for a bidder to spot the site balance. Users should have their balances returned, and they can decide if they want to redeposit under the new management or not. For all we know there could be 500BTC on the site, meaning a bidder would need to have 520BTC+ tied up for 6 months... Assuming you don't run off with the balance in the meantime.

"a) I did not work with dmf "a fair bit". He invested 25 BTC in the site, I paid him back (a 7 BTC profit). End of story.", you also have a link on your homepage saying "Or if real-time isn't for you give dice.ninja a try", so you are directly supporting their site.

Whats the site profit?

The stats are here: https://www.moneypot.com/stats

There has been a big run on the site (which I paid obviously) and the amount held as balances is now only: 23.53375427 BTC.  Compared to the amount of money the site has made and will make it's not a huge amount.

And yeah, I linked to dice.ninja and even recommended it as an investment place (as i had done so myself). I'm still hoping that the whole thing wasn't a scam, and considering the site isn't even operational -- I see no harm in leaving it for a little longer
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 05:07:33 AM

1btc

(approved by E___ in MoneyPot troll box)

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 05:11:30 AM

0.99 BTC

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: