Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:56:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin Magi XMG miners?  (Read 2418 times)
PeteAugustus (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:59:06 AM

Who here is mining Coin Magi XMG?  What are your thoughts about it so far and its rarity and fair distribution as a community.
The benefit I see is that in the long run, we as a community generate more rewards for bringing along more miners. am I getting this right?

The main thread is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jawitech

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:23:05 PM

Yeah. The dev is trying to avoid GPU-rigs or farms jumping in, grabbing all the coins and dumping them at a bargain price on the markets.
If everyone would simply use his/her computers cpu to mine, there would be enough hashpower to secure the network.
Additionally the POS phase started, just let your existing coins generate new coins for you (additional hashpower).
I like the concept and mining it.
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 07:26:37 AM

The dev is an idiot and has no idea how to stop GPU mining; I wonder how people are getting MH/s on it... I guess just large CPU farms, right?

Why would you want to put all those CPU's in a pen when they'd be far happier out in the wild?  Is there any difference between 100 computers run by 100 interested people or 100 computers run by 1 interested person?  99 people, that's the difference.  Bitcoin does show us the future.  It's a black-hole of computation and eventually it'll implode.  Want mass adoption?  I say limit all mining to Androids, period.  It's kind of oxymoronic really, a centralized distributed network.
Atomicat
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 07:29:36 AM

I was looking for a thread for people to post their hardware/overclocking tips and tricks.  Will this one do?

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 09:50:49 AM

I was looking for a thread for people to post their hardware/overclocking tips and tricks.  Will this one do?

can't you open your own thread ?

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:31:22 AM

Who here is mining Coin Magi XMG?  What are your thoughts about it so far and its rarity and fair distribution as a community.
I was initially very interested but my excitement went down with the first fork and it's going down with the next. Besides not inspiring much confidence, I have a serious problem: a small company around here realized they have (probably around 64) very low loaded cores for a few hours day. So, this is not "a large farm", it's just a small company wanting to diversify.

With little information about hashrate and a planned fork I have no idea how I could assess this coin profitability.

Besides, changing algo keeping the same name is just brain damaged. No idea how anyone could figure out something like this.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:23:59 AM

If the swap ends and XMG gets on bigger exchanges the price may rise and it may become profiatble to mine this.

Until then the devs may make up their minds too on what they want. They are very active and their intentions seem good.
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 12:16:53 PM

I was initially very interested but my excitement went down with the first fork and it's going down with the next. Besides not inspiring much confidence, I have a serious problem: a small company around here realized they have (probably around 64) very low loaded cores for a few hours day. So, this is not "a large farm", it's just a small company wanting to diversify.
So what is the name of that company ?
This is a very nice speculation thread...

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
PeteAugustus (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:51:48 AM

I also want to know more about that. Yeah good to start some discussions about this
Atomicat
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 10:15:26 PM

The dev is an idiot and has no idea how to stop GPU mining; I wonder how people are getting MH/s on it... I guess just large CPU farms, right?

Why would you want to put all those CPU's in a pen when they'd be far happier out in the wild?  Is there any difference between 100 computers run by 100 interested people or 100 computers run by 1 interested person?  99 people, that's the difference.  Bitcoin does show us the future.  It's a black-hole of computation and eventually it'll implode.  Want mass adoption?  I say limit all mining to Androids, period.  It's kind of oxymoronic really, a centralized distributed network.

Impossible.

Why?
, all on the same level.
ebtc

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:31:23 AM

Impossible.

Why?
, all on the same level.

Limiting mining to Androids is simply impossible.

Why don't you take a look at this?
http://arxiv.org/abs/1409.7948
ebtc

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:23:38 AM

Impossible.

Why?
, all on the same level.

Doesn't actually say much, especially about how he'd prevent the dead obvious Sybil attack.

Well at least this coin is doing better than other cpu coins, I say more resist to attacks; take a look at the new algo too, pretty hard to understand to me though.  Cool
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 09:01:47 AM

Why would you want to put all those CPU's in a pen when they'd be far happier out in the wild?  Is there any difference between 100 computers run by 100 interested people or 100 computers run by 1 interested person?  99 people, that's the difference.  Bitcoin does show us the future.  It's a black-hole of computation and eventually it'll implode.  Want mass adoption?  I say limit all mining to Androids, period.  It's kind of oxymoronic really, a centralized distributed network.

Impossible.

Why?
, all on the same level.

Doesn't actually say much, especially about how he'd prevent the dead obvious Sybil attack.

Well at least this coin is doing better than other cpu coins, I say more resist to attacks; take a look at the new algo too, pretty hard to understand to me though.  Cool
pretty hard to understand why anybody would use a gaussian fit over 1 value

djm34 facebook page
ebtc

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:30:30 PM

Why would you want to put all those CPU's in a pen when they'd be far happier out in the wild?  Is there any difference between 100 computers run by 100 interested people or 100 computers run by 1 interested person?  99 people, that's the difference.  Bitcoin does show us the future.  It's a black-hole of computation and eventually it'll implode.  Want mass adoption?  I say limit all mining to Androids, period.  It's kind of oxymoronic really, a centralized distributed network.

Impossible.

Why?
, all on the same level.

Well at least this coin is doing better than other cpu coins, I say more resist to attacks; take a look at the new algo too, pretty hard to understand to me though.  Cool
looks pretty, where is the gaussian fit part btw
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 03:32:58 PM

Impossible.

Why?
, all on the same level.

Well at least this coin is doing better than other cpu coins, I say more resist to attacks; take a look at the new algo too, pretty hard to understand to me though.  Cool
looks pretty, where is the gaussian fit part btw
the spectral weight crap in mathmagi (or something like that...)

djm34 facebook page
ebtc

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:52:33 PM

it is Grin dev did mess up as he was saying, I only care gpu can handle this part?
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 04:52:18 PM

it is Grin dev did mess up as he was saying, I only care gpu can handle this part?
can or can't ?

djm34 facebook page
PeteAugustus (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:25:45 AM

looks good
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: