Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:25:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XPM] Ever heard of Prime Coin ?  (Read 4502 times)
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:53:03 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2014, 04:12:21 PM by atp1916

Speaking of prime numbers...

http://www.wired.com/2014/12/mathematicians-make-major-discovery-prime-numbers/

Gatra / Claymore, any insight into this discovery from the perspective of optimizing your current miner algos for hitting bigger chains?
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 05:18:40 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2015, 06:37:34 AM by Spoetnik

SunnyKing just posted an update today.. Some new stuff is rolling out !

I am happy to see XPM getting some activity and look forward to see what Sunny has for us all.

Prime is one of the few coins that don't get on my nerves LOL
(i am sure many of you here think i hate ALL altcoins) ..not so Wink

Note:
Hopefully this XPM stuff won't get buried by the endless Monero, Dash, NXT etc hype spam bs

edit:
Here is the topic link.. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114994.0

FUD first & ask questions later™
maincoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 01:17:11 PM

Never heard of it, but I'll check out the links that has been posted in here
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 02:39:38 PM

Primecoin was the first coin to introduce a prime number sequence for mining. It has a lot of cool features and it has a good roadmap.
Unfortunately, the coin's price has been decreasing, and I guess it is currently way undervalued.
LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:33:28 PM

Primecoin was the first coin to introduce a prime number sequence for mining. It has a lot of cool features and it has a good roadmap.
Unfortunately, the coin's price has been decreasing, and I guess it is currently way undervalued.

It is indeed one of a kind but that may not be enough. Why would a merchant care about prime numbers? Ultimately people have to use a coin in order for it to be useful. If the only purpose is dealing with prime numbers usage will never be widespread.
razen489

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 06:15:14 PM

intersting you brought up XPM. XPM has been a prominent coin in the early 2013 days alongside Peercoin
https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/primecoin
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:51:59 PM

It is indeed one of a kind but that may not be enough. Why would a merchant care about prime numbers? Ultimately people have to use a coin in order for it to be useful. If the only purpose is dealing with prime numbers usage will never be widespread.

fair enough but at least it's a step up over Bitcoin in the mining electricity wasting issue.
and i think it does still function as a currency like most any coin with a wallet etc.
but just think of how much power is burned with all that Bitcoin mining hardware out there.
then take something like XPM and think well that power can be put to some good use..

coins like Prime Coin or Grid Coin etc have my blessing.
they may not be perfect but at least they are moving in a positive direction.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: