Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:56:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would u do if u become ruler of the world?  (Read 4884 times)
BLKBITZ

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:18:02 AM

I would dismantle the government and resign.
That was my first thought. Completely remove the taxes and let people trade freely.

You'd have a society much like this one.  Full of scammers and thieves.  0.1% of the people would own 99% of the wealth.

Exactly. There will always be some form of governing the best way to deal with this is to just hope the one you believe in is the one your under.

In other words (and I apologize for Godwinning this thread): If you are going to live in Nazi Germany, you had better be a Nazi (at least until the end of the war, in which case you would be better off being something other than a Nazi).

Most citizens weren't real hardcore Nazis like the officers. I was really talking about how something will always control and exploit the masses because that's human nature to want to be greedy and have power over others.

chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:22:14 AM

Make bitcoin the world reserve currency

Get rid of the federal reserve, put all the jew bankers in prison forever.

Put all the war criminals in jail.. Bush, Cheney, Obama,  Petro Poroshenko, etc.

Work on replacing oil/gas with free energy systems and end all the wars currently going on that are basically resource /religious wars.

Dissolve the CIA, FBI, NSA, and all other corrupt intelligence agencies.
BLKBITZ

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:31:19 AM

That was my first thought. Completely remove the taxes and let people trade freely.

You'd have a society much like this one.  Full of scammers and thieves.  0.1% of the people would own 99% of the wealth.

Wrong. Without a publicly provided safety net people would learn the value of personal responsibility and protect themselves and others.

It just takes a few generations until those who refuse to change die off.

Survival of the fittest huh?

Precisely. I want the species to thrive! You never know what kind of adversities the future holds.

I got to say I like your view on survival of the fittest. But I believe the government is a necessary evil. Better to be ruled by bureaucrats than a bunch of gangs. By the way what is your ideology Nihilism, anarchism, libertinism.
BLKBITZ

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:49:22 AM

Exactly. There will always be some form of governing the best way to deal with this is to just hope the one you believe in is the one your under.

In other words (and I apologize for Godwinning this thread): If you are going to live in Nazi Germany, you had better be a Nazi (at least until the end of the war, in which case you would be better off being something other than a Nazi).
Most citizens weren't real hardcore Nazis like the officers. I was really talking about how something will always control and exploit the masses because that's human nature to want to be greedy and have power over others.

I don't want power over anyone. In exchange, I don't want anyone to have power over me. I know that is a lot to ask.

It is when your dealing with humans.
(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 05:51:20 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2014, 04:50:28 AM by (oYo)

have u ever thought What would u do if u become ruler of the world?

i am having no idea what would have i done?
what about u?
Kill all the rulers.
How would you come into power as ruler of the world?
Kill all the rulers.  Roll Eyes

Yeah. And then rule all the killers, right?   Cheesy
Nope. The killers are next on my kill list. Then anyone else who refuses to love and respect everyone and indeed all life on the planet. Believe me, I know how hypocritical this all sounds, but the fact remains that there will always be a small number of people that take pleasure in hurting people and will constantly strive to dominate the rest. Instead, I will become the monster and destroy all the other monsters that crop up. At least while I'm around, 99.9% of people will be able to live in harmony with each other and all life on this planet. Love it or leave it. ('it' being the planet)
I don't want power over anyone. In exchange, I don't want anyone to have power over me. I know that is a lot to ask.
That's my dream in truth. Unfortunately, it seems, it is indeed too much to ask for. Therefore, if I was the monster I described above, I would only exert my power against those few that refused to allow everyone else to live freely and in peace.
I got to say I like your view on survival of the fittest. But I believe the government is a necessary evil. Better to be ruled by bureaucrats than a bunch of gangs. By the way what is your ideology Nihilism, anarchism, libertinism.

Necessary evil? That seems like such a horrible thing that I'm sure we can find a better way. It reminds me of "white lie" which never works out for those involved.

My ideology (if I have to choose) is probably anarchy. It's not complicated, simply the old Latin (or Greek?) translation of "no ruler". Which, by the way, does not necessarily mean "no rules". Bitcoin, for example, has no ruler, but it most certainly has rules.
Like I've already stated, I believe I will have to become that 'necessary evil'. Under my rule everyone would basically live in anarchy, unless it was necessary for me to rear my ugly head.

BLKBITZ

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:07:50 AM

what about u?
Kill all the rulers.
How would you come into power as ruler of the world?
Kill all the rulers.  Roll Eyes

Yeah. And then rule all the killers, right?   Cheesy
Nope. The killers are next on my kill list. Then anyone else who refuses to love and respect everyone and indeed all life on the planet. Believe me, I know how hypocritical this all sounds, but the fact remains that there will always a small number of people that take pleasure in hurting people and will constantly strive to dominate the rest. Instead, I will become the monster and destroy all the other monsters that crop up. At least while I'm around, 99.9% of people will be able to live in harmony with each other and all life on this planet. Love it or leave it. ('it' being the planet)
That's my dream in truth. Unfortunately, it seems, it is indeed too much to ask for. Therefore, if I was the monster I described above, I would only exert my power against those few that refused to allow everyone else to live freely and in peace.

Necessary evil? That seems like such a horrible thing that I'm sure we can find a better way. It reminds me of "white lie" which never works out for those involved.

My ideology (if I have to choose) is probably anarchy. It's not complicated, simply the old Latin (or Greek?) translation of "no ruler". Which, by the way, does not necessarily mean "no rules". Bitcoin, for example, has no ruler, but it most certainly has rules.
Like I've already stated, I believe I will have to become that 'necessary evil'. Under my rule everyone would basically live in anarchy, unless it was necessary for me to rear my ugly head.

Most people would describe anarchism like you did, but I have met several anarchist and they all basically said what Holliday said that it would be just no rulers but certainly rules. which leads to the question of voluntarism and the community helping each other out.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 06:15:05 AM

Most people would describe anarchism like you did, but I have met several anarchist and they all basically said what Holliday said that it would be just no rulers but certainly rules. which leads to the question of voluntarism and the community helping each other out.

I also think that if we lived in "anarchy", most people would have a strong understanding of individual rights. After all, rights are the basis for communication (interaction).

You and I only have the same "rights" if we are about the same physical size.   Wink

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 06:27:41 AM

I disagree. Your rights are forsaken (in the eyes of everyone) as soon as you ignore mine.

Besides, didn't you see my wife (she's really a crack shot) holding that scoped AR-15 up on the rise over there?

Don't really require rights in the eyes of everyone else if I am able to physically take whatever I want from you.  Why do I care what others think?

And as a good conqueror, my scouts would have seen and killed your wife before I even approached.   Wink

It's all about who is stronger - not who has more rights.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
steve98210

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:52:43 AM

Have you ever live under anarchy? Human nature wants to be ruled and the other few wants to rule. Anarchy is just a transition. Sooner or later a society under anarchy will be ruled by someone.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:07:37 AM

I'll start by destroying the tail beasts.
steve98210

Activity: 85

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:53:12 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 01:44:38 PM by steve98210

I'm assuming I'm already the ruler of the world.

1. Liquidate all who oppose me and all possible rival.
2. Imprison or liquidate all who don't follow my laws.
3. Prune the population up to 30 percent. (the formula who will remain is confidential Smiley)
4. Redistribute lands and wealth.
5. Free education, fuel, cars, clothes, food and medicine to all people.
6. Replace the bulk of the workforce with robotic machines.
7. Terraform deserts/grasslands and change it to farmland and cities.
8. Mine asteriods
9. Terraform Mars
10. Conquer the nearby solar systems.
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:01:44 AM

I would insist on planting marijuna as a crop in order to elevate the world's problem for oil. Also make all drugs available via prescription so the money can go towards funding a better health service. Everybody who works is entitled to housing and the unemployed will get training in order to make them employable.
sj2199 (OP)

Activity: 797

BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:43:24 PM

now i've got something in mind... until i am alive i would enjoy my live. During that i would also  prepare such a bomb which would destroy the whole world in seconds.i would set it in such a way that it is connected with my life...as i die it explodes and kills everyone so that there is no ruler after me.......

(oYo)

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 01:51:29 PM

I also think that if we lived in "anarchy", most people would have a strong understanding of individual rights. After all, rights are the basis for communication (interaction).

You and I only have the same "rights" if we are about the same physical size.   Wink

I disagree. Your rights are forsaken (in the eyes of everyone) as soon as you ignore mine.

Besides, didn't you see my wife (she's really a crack shot) holding that scoped AR-15 up on the rise over there?
Don't really require rights in the eyes of everyone else if I am able to physically take whatever I want from you.  Why do I care what others think?

And as a good conqueror, my scouts would have seen and killed your wife before I even approached.   Wink

It's all about who is stronger - not who has more rights.
A proper and functioning anarchy does not have any permanent leader. Ideally, people would organize themselves and work together for a common interest. At times, people may find it necessary to elect a temporary leader to achieve a desired goal. Such a leader would step down immediately once said goal was accomplished.

No-one wishes to be ruled over, yet everyone wishes to feel safe. Although everyone is born with inalienable rights, these rights are accompanied by responsibilities. For example, if someone's rights were to be violated, it is everyone's responsibility to see that justice is done. (ie. Kill a monster and help victims recover.) The same way a commander requires unity amongst his soldiers to defeat his enemy, the people of a proper and functioning anarchy would stand together in opposition of any would be conqueror. Unfortunately, instead of accepting the responsibility to be their own, people are often coerced to forfeit their rights and responsibilities over to would be conquerors (or false gods) in the promise of peace (or salvation), not unlike the Sith Lord did in Star Wars (or bible thumpers). In theory, an intelligent, responsible and vigilant society cannot be coerced or corrupted.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:57:44 PM

The Purge. (A movie, with an annual half day of no-laws.) Then I'd make sure I was always in a Silver Samurai type of suit on that day. Of course, I'd be exempted from being a target.

BLKBITZ

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:37:12 PM

now i've got something in mind... until i am alive i would enjoy my live. During that i would also  prepare such a bomb which would destroy the whole world in seconds.i would set it in such a way that it is connected with my life...as i die it explodes and kills everyone so that there is no ruler after me.......

Smart but fucked up as hell.
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:33:22 AM

what about u?

I would declare WW3 to be ended before start!
Walter Rothbard

Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 01:15:24 PM

I hereby agree to this arrangement between myself and Holliday.

And salute you as kin.

Threads like this make me wish Dread Pirate Roberts had gotten further with his book club before being imprisoned.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:17:34 PM

Wrong. Without a publicly provided safety net people would learn the value of personal responsibility and protect themselves and others.

It just takes a few generations until those who refuse to change die off.

Exactly. Nowadays people feel responsible for nothing and when they act foolish they expect to be bailed out by the government (that the money comes from other people they don't give 2 fucks about).
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:18:41 PM

The Purge. (A movie, with an annual half day of no-laws.) Then I'd make sure I was always in a Silver Samurai type of suit on that day. Of course, I'd be exempted from being a target.

Good movie and the 2nd one was even better.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: