Bitcoin Forum
August 16, 2024, 10:22:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammed by Cash to Crypto (cashtocrypto.com)  (Read 6799 times)
cashtocryptoscam (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:36:42 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 05:08:27 PM by cashtocryptoscam

I found http://www.cashtocrypto.com via LocalBitcoins. They seemed to have a good reputation and both their LocalBitcoins profile and website promised same day delivery of bitcoins (between 8-11pm Eastern) for cash deposits at one of their banks.

Seeing their high number of successful trades on LocalBitcoins and also feeling reassured by the fact that they're based out of my long-time college town, I very stupidly decided that their reputation was good enough for me to do business with them directly rather than through LocalBitcoins.

I precisely followed their directions, and:

1. Supplied them with my wallet address

2. deposited $159 cash into their Sun Trust bank account on the morning of October 5th, in plenty of time for same day delivery

3. immediately uploaded an image of the receipt afterwards with the internal cashtocrypto.com transaction number on it, exactly as they requested for extra verification

4. checked my wallet regularlly for the BTC, which were never sent.

I use a link automatically generated when I started the transaction to check on its progress. Literally every time I check it the estimated time remaining for them to send the bitcoins increases... first a few hours, then a day, then two days, now 5 days. I sent them multiple emails asking for an explanation over the course of the past 5 days and they never responded. I also tried contacting them via LocalBitcoins.

My next stop after this is BBB Online. Any help in getting this company to respond to my emails would be greatly appreciated. Beware of these scammers!

https://i.imgur.com/axV2lWV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mF2mss3.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Q1yjgCb.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/sbsCsIE.jpg
NOTE: The original image of the receipt that I send them was more clear than this, but I've had the receipt in my pocket for a week so it got crumpled up, etc.
Peegasus

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:36:08 AM

I found http://www.cashtocrypto.com via LocalBitcoins. They seemed to have a good reputation and both their LocalBitcoins profile and website promised same day delivery of bitcoins (between 8-11pm Eastern) for cash deposits at one of their banks.

Seeing their high number of successful trades on LocalBitcoins and also feeling reassured by the fact that they're based out of my long-time college town, I very stupidly decided that their reputation was good enough for me to do business with them directly rather than through LocalBitcoins.

I precisely followed their directions, and:

1. Supplied them with my wallet address

2. deposited $159 cash into their Sun Trust bank account on the morning of October 5th, in plenty of time for same day delivery

3. immediately uploaded an image of the receipt afterwards with the internal cashtocrypto.com transaction number on it, exactly as they requested for extra verification

4. checked my wallet regularlly for the BTC, which were never sent.

I use a link automatically generated when I started the transaction to check on its progress. Literally every time I check it the estimated time remaining for them to send the bitcoins increases... first a few hours, then a day, then two days, now 5 days. I sent them multiple emails asking for an explanation over the course of the past 5 days and they never responded. I also tried contacting them via LocalBitcoins.

My next stop after this is BBB Online. Any help in getting this company to respond to my emails would be greatly appreciated. Beware of these scammers!

NOTE: The original image of the receipt that I send them was more clear than this, but I've had the receipt in my pocket for a week so it got crumpled up, etc.

Any update about this? Is cashtocrypto really a scam? What?

lawgicc

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 01:30:47 AM

wondering how you were able to purchase $159.00 worth of BTC off the website when you are unable to put Zeros (XXX.00s) at the end of the amound in USD.

Also the conversion doesnt even add up correctly. How can you receive .49 BTC with and exchange rate of 374.01 when i cant even get that much with an exchange rate of 351.67. Also you didnt even fill out the receipt correctly. Dont say you did instructions with precision when you did not.

Still waiting on my BTC to be deposited but not sure if i believe this posts entirety.

mrBitcoinZ.com
@mrB1tc01n
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3107

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 05:00:57 AM

wondering how you were able to purchase $159.00 worth of BTC off the website when you are unable to put Zeros (XXX.00s) at the end of the amound in USD.

Are you on drugs?   Huh

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
ilovecars5

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:32:19 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2014, 03:50:27 PM by ilovecars5

Just made an account to respond to this thread:

I have used Cash to Crypto over 5+ times and this is the first time I am facing problems with this company.

I just placed my order this morning and uploaded my receipt three hours later. It has been 9+ hours and my order is still in the processing phase. I have already emailed both supports emails and I will update you when I get a response from their team. Hopefully they just don't flat out ignore me. Also I am not losing that much money, just around $65 ~.

I'll keep this thread updated if anyone cares.

EDIT: Emailed support last night, got a response and my coins! They were having technical problems last night.  Grin

dontCAREhair

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 06:45:47 AM

If you find a site to buy bitcoin on a site that uses an escrow service, then it is probably a better idea to use the first site (in your case localbitcoin) as escrow will generally always help you.

My initial response was to tell you that you should have disputed the transaction via LBC, however upon closer examination of your OP it looks like you did not use their escrow services.
browneyeus

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:51:06 AM

Hi,

I have used cashtocrypto's website once to buy bitcoins and it is legit. Newbie or no newbie post I knew nothing about bitcoins or buying them a week ago. I did around 3 days worth of research regarding buying them and the different methods of payment and to be honest I was overwhelmed. Should I meet some dude locally at Starbucks, try another bizarro method of payment, deposit cash, mail it, Walmart card, wait 4-6 days, blah, blah, blah. I decided on buying direct from their website solely based on their positive reviews on localbitcoins. I was totally confused by all the seller's requests and instructions. Even on localbitcoins cashtocrypto wanted you to tear the receipt in half, write on each half and a couple of other things. On their website they just wanted you to write on the cash deposit receipt the Transaction ID and the phrase "For Bitcoin for Cash to Crypto" and then upload a clear photo of it. The second part of this you did not do based on your photo. You only had the transaction ID. I don't know if that had anything to do with your problem or not. It seemed like you were missing a crucial piece of info that they wanted from you. I'm still confused by how the whole process works. I do know that I drove an hour to their bank, an hour back and putz'd around trying to get the photo under 1Mb. By this time 3 hours had elapsed; 1 hour more than they wanted me to upload the photo after a deposit. The next morning I received an email; like the gent above, that there was a technical SNAFU and that the bitcoins were now in my wallet. Sure enough; after crapping in my pants, they were in there. I read your post waiting for the bitcoins and almost had a heart attack feeling like I may have made a mistake using the website and not localbitcoins. If this sounds like an endorsement for cashtocrypto that's because it is. 100% verified and overwhelmingly positive endorsement. Like I said I have purchased bitcoins only once, but if ever need to do it again I will use their web site. Too easy.

I was extremely stressed about the whole process and due to the fact that I had the bitcoins within a day really eased up the tension. I don't think I could have waited 4-6 days from other joints.
lawgicc

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 12:58:53 AM

I got my coins No Problem at all

Its called patience you little kids.

mrBitcoinZ.com
@mrB1tc01n
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: