Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:05:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will there ever be another crypto boom similar to BTC in my lifetime?  (Read 6642 times)
weather b0y4

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:16:14 AM

Okay, here is your best chance at what you want:

Step 1: slowly buy bitcoin as you have been
Step 2: wait for bitcoin to hit new all time high, which will start another bubble from media hype (the only reason is media hype, not cyprus/china/w.e)
Step 3: wait 1-2 weeks
Step 4: split some btc among 100 alts, lets say the ones ranked 20-120 by market cap, and put the rest on litecoin (litecoin should be 0.005-0.007 ltc/btc)
Step 5: when litecoin spikes, ALL the alts below market cap rank 20 will be primed to go AT LEAST X10, so get ready!!
Step 6: as the alts you own from step 4 go X10, sell and reinvest in the ones that have not / buy ones further down the rankings.

total profit: 2.5X from btc hitting ath, X10 from alts = X25, up to X50 if you can time the transition from btc to alts perfectly (ltc and nmc usually first, watch doge and darkcoin aswell this time though) and catch the major alts that go much more than X10. But you have time to think hard about this after btc hits ath and before ltc spikes.

GOOD LUCK, but this all depends on bitcoin hitting a new all time high   Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Track record using this strategy primarily only with ltc and btc (would have been a lot higher in november if i followed my own advice and bought alts, but idk how much i trust certain exchanges)

April 2013 bubble: X50
November 2013 bubble: X13

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
weather b0y4

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:25:07 AM

I am just giving the OP what he wanted, but it will all come down to bitcoin hitting a new all time high.
BTCmoons

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:02:43 AM

Find an altcoin that you have faith in. Something that is different and in some way better than the rest. Study market trends, check out different coins, find one that is under valued and buy as much as you possibly can. This is how warren buffet made his billions in the stock market. By finding a company that was undervalued by everyone else but he saw potential in. Then he loaded up on the stock and waited.

I would suggest Supercoin or Myriadcoin. Both have a TON of potential. I have a very large amount invested in SUPERcoin. It's technology is better than all other anon coins and it is so cheap right now. Buy for 500 satoshi and eventually it could be $1 or $10 per coin. Read, read, read... talk to people, study the charts, make a decision based on the information and you'll do just fine.
Most altcoins are all but certain to fail because of the lack of additional useful features they provide that bitcoin does not provide as well as the fact they are much less secure then bitcoin.

I don't think we will see another crypto boom in that a lot of money will flow into altcoins as they have in the past. I think the reason as much has flowed into alt coins as there has is because many people made a lot of money off of bitcoin and have been able to be careless with their money. They did little research as to how much potential altcoins have and I think that people have now realized that altcoins have zero long term value
Fierce

Activity: 126

Fierce, The Legend

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 06:01:21 PM

Find an altcoin that you have faith in. Something that is different and in some way better than the rest. Study market trends, check out different coins, find one that is under valued and buy as much as you possibly can. This is how warren buffet made his billions in the stock market. By finding a company that was undervalued by everyone else but he saw potential in. Then he loaded up on the stock and waited.

I would suggest Supercoin or Myriadcoin. Both have a TON of potential. I have a very large amount invested in SUPERcoin. It's technology is better than all other anon coins and it is so cheap right now. Buy for 500 satoshi and eventually it could be $1 or $10 per coin. Read, read, read... talk to people, study the charts, make a decision based on the information and you'll do just fine.
Most altcoins are all but certain to fail because of the lack of additional useful features they provide that bitcoin does not provide as well as the fact they are much less secure then bitcoin.

I don't think we will see another crypto boom in that a lot of money will flow into altcoins as they have in the past. I think the reason as much has flowed into alt coins as there has is because many people made a lot of money off of bitcoin and have been able to be careless with their money. They did little research as to how much potential altcoins have and I think that people have now realized that altcoins have zero long term value

LTC is an altcoin that is doing pretty well. There are several with market caps over 1 million USD. Supercoin is completely different than btc. they are both digital currency, but they use different technologies and they represent two completely different ideologies. As I was reading your post I was looking online at some of the trading action. Dopecoin went up 2000%, other coins up 30% and 40%, all within 24 hours of trading. To say that altcoins will all fail and have no potential (which it sounds like you are saying ) is just simply incorrect. I made 40% on my investment last month, thank about what that means. 40% in one month. No financial institution in the world can even pay anywhere close to that.

Supercoin (SUPER) The Only REAL Anonymous Coin with multi sig tech. No other altcoin can compete

http://ltcgear.com?apage=259ltcgear.com/?apage=259
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:52:12 PM

Those just sound like PnD altcoins. Where would you keep your ear to the ground? Alternate crypto forums is full of emotional shills.

Both have very solid technology behind them and are innovative. They are pump and dump but then so is Bitcoin.

Alternate crypto, and see if some idea is gaining traction then visit their own forums. Basically you want to be rich, but do not actually want any effort put into it.
There is no innovative technology in any altcoin. They just copy bitcoin and make one or more minor changes and add nothing of value.

The altcoin boom seems to be waning as alts in general are declining both in terms of bitcoin and in terms of fiat value. I would say that once the altcoin 'boom' dies down, there will be more room for bitcoin to be successful as people will be less distracted. 

I talked about NXT and BTSX. If you noticed that and still claim they are copies of BTC then you must be very dumb.

These two, along with others are making BTC look obsolete. The only advantage BTC has now is market effects borne of first mover advantage.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:20:21 PM

Those just sound like PnD altcoins. Where would you keep your ear to the ground? Alternate crypto forums is full of emotional shills.

Both have very solid technology behind them and are innovative. They are pump and dump but then so is Bitcoin.

Alternate crypto, and see if some idea is gaining traction then visit their own forums. Basically you want to be rich, but do not actually want any effort put into it.
There is no innovative technology in any altcoin. They just copy bitcoin and make one or more minor changes and add nothing of value.

The altcoin boom seems to be waning as alts in general are declining both in terms of bitcoin and in terms of fiat value. I would say that once the altcoin 'boom' dies down, there will be more room for bitcoin to be successful as people will be less distracted. 

I talked about NXT and BTSX. If you noticed that and still claim they are copies of BTC then you must be very dumb.

These two, along with others are making BTC look obsolete. The only advantage BTC has now is market effects borne of first mover advantage.

Grin
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:19:17 PM

Heard this from too many noobs, thus it must be fake. Moving on.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:28:50 PM

There isn't a single coin out there that can outdo Bitcoin, no reason to think any existing coin can overtake Bitcoin's spot, therefore, no reason to think there will be a x1000000 whatever price explosion like Bitcoin had. You could get some cash out of alts, but not rich, unless you hit a really lucky scenareo as greatle described by poster xmasdobo.
Fierce

Activity: 126

Fierce, The Legend

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 08:38:02 PM

There isn't a single coin out there that can outdo Bitcoin, no reason to think any existing coin can overtake Bitcoin's spot, therefore, no reason to think there will be a x1000000 whatever price explosion like Bitcoin had. You could get some cash out of alts, but not rich, unless you hit a really lucky scenareo as greatle described by poster xmasdobo.

Anybody can make 20-30% in a month. Not sure what your definition of rich is, but if you invest 100k and you are making 20% or 20k, you're doing very, very well...so not really sure what you are saying

Supercoin (SUPER) The Only REAL Anonymous Coin with multi sig tech. No other altcoin can compete

http://ltcgear.com?apage=259ltcgear.com/?apage=259
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 11:28:25 PM

Anybody can make 20-30% in a month. Not sure what your definition of rich is, but if you invest 100k and you are making 20% or 20k, you're doing very, very well...so not really sure what you are saying
The altcoins that do have these kinds of returns do not have that large of marketcap that would allow someone to invest $100k easily (or at all). It is very rare for an alt to have a market cap in 6 figures, and many alts do not even have a 5 figure market cap.

So someone may be able to have 100% and earn 20% on their investment but they would not be able to earn 20% on the entire 100k

pattu1

Activity: 675

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:30:24 AM

I hope it is still early years in the crypto currency life span.  Smiley
Kimowa

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:43:08 AM

Hope so, and was hopping for another boom as I missed the last one...

DhaniBoy

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 06:29:36 AM

for now, cryptocurrency number one in the world is bitcoin, no one can compete, maybe there are some who try to compete with, among others, as altcoin or doge, but apparently has not been able to match the price of bitcoin moment, while I am optimistic for the future bitcoin prices will increase and stable. hopefully ...  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
devphp

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 06:58:41 AM

We are now living in the time of all previous QEs' effect expiring and dying and waiting for the next huge QE from FED that will be larger than all the previous QEs combined. Tide floats all boats as they say. When that next huge QE (will it be the last one?) hits the markets, everyone will run from fiat into something that can't be printed at whim. And that huge ocean of fiat will trickle into crypto currencies too, even if it's just a tiny trickle (10-20 billion USD out of trillions of QE). Until then it should be relatively quiet times in the crypto currencies, doesn't matter which crypto we're talking about here. BTC will stay below $500-600 till the next huge QE is released. Late summer - fall of 2015 sounds about perfect time for that QE.
pattu1

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:36:27 AM

We are now living in the time of all previous QEs' effect expiring and dying and waiting for the next huge QE from FED that will be larger than all the previous QEs combined. Tide floats all boats as they say. When that next huge QE (will it be the last one?) hits the markets, everyone will run from fiat into something that can't be printed at whim. And that huge ocean of fiat will trickle into crypto currencies too, even if it's just a tiny trickle (10-20 billion USD out of trillions of QE). Until then it should be relatively quiet times in the crypto currencies, doesn't matter which crypto we're talking about here. BTC will stay below $500-600 till the next huge QE is released. Late summer - fall of 2015 sounds about perfect time for that QE.

QE is being withdrawn now. So I guess it will be some time before the next QE is introduced. The economy seems to be in good health. The fed won't want to rock it by introducing QE.
devphp

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:05:46 AM

QE is being withdrawn now. So I guess it will be some time before the next QE is introduced. The economy seems to be in good health. The fed won't want to rock it by introducing QE.

That's just pretense, as it always was. The economy is in much worse shape than it was in 2008 when they started to 'cure' it. Wait for the SP500 start to crash, they will re-introduce QE to prop up markets, but this time it will have to be really massive. It should stay afloat for another few months though without QE, but sooner or later all the credit will dry up.
pattu1

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:04:17 PM

That's just pretense, as it always was. The economy is in much worse shape than it was in 2008 when they started to 'cure' it. Wait for the SP500 start to crash, they will re-introduce QE to prop up markets, but this time it will have to be really massive. It should stay afloat for another few months though without QE, but sooner or later all the credit will dry up.

QE is really not based on S&P500 levels. It is based on unemployment levels and inflation. If employment levels firm up and there is a threat of inflation increasing, there is no way QE will be introduced.
DhaniBoy

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:16:22 AM

crypto other than bitcoin always there to compete with bitcoin market prices, among others, such altcoin or Dogecoin, both cryptocurrency price is still below bitcoin, but continue to increase the price of exchange, of course, is great competition in the business world and currency markets, it can avoid the monopoly cryptocurrency, so there will be continuous improvement in the cyrptocurrency, hopefully done competition is healthy competition ...  Cool

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:31:37 PM

There won't be another crypto boom if bitcoin is still alive
Or maybe the boom only similar as LTC / DOGE

Me too
Some people said in end of 2014, bitcoin will reach $1000

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
leen93

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:36:36 PM

Sorry this was it. We're all millionaires, and you're not.
i love this post  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: