Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:46:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody to help me with making Altcoin?  (Read 1245 times)
hackis (OP)

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:42:25 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 07:52:11 PM by hackis

Hello. Last month I was thinking a lot about making my own cryptocurrency. I have seen a lots of people making scamcoins that were made only for profit of its creators. I also saw a lots of shitcoins here. Coins that were made for fun and some of them was actually listed on exchanges and people were buying them. It's really rare when solid coin occur and this coin usually fails for no reason.

And here is my point. I want to make an altcoin. But the problem is that I have no experiences in making altcoins and no experiences in programming. From what I've heard, it's really easy for people who have experiences in making altcoins and they can do it within two or three hours. And I want someone who knows how to make an altcoin and who would like to work with me on one. Only thing I need from you is a windows and linux wallet. Mac wallet would be also appreciated but I know that lots of people don't have Mac so it's not needed. I will provide you all materials that you may need. Informations about coin, logo, name, etc...
¨
So only thing I want from you is making wallets. That should be easy for person that have experiences in creating altcoins. But of course you won't do all the job. I already created logo, name and some basic informations like algorithm (you can choose your own algorithm), total number of coin,...And I will do all the other stuff. I will make thread here on bitcointalk with explanations about coin, I will be contacting exchanges about listing our coin, I will be communicating with users, making social accounts for the coin and I will do proof of dev on http://cryptoasian.com. And only thing I want from you is making wallets. That's it. If you want, we can talk about distribution of coin. If it will be free distribution for everyone, only btctalk users distribution, ICO or something else. If there will be any profit (I don't really know if there will be any, probably not or really small unless we do ICO), I will get 50% and you will get 50%. What I want is to make altcoin that people would be using and that would get at least to top 50 altcoins because that would make me really happy Smiley.

Also, I know that some people may write me about http://coincreator.net but I don't have any money to pay for YourCoin and FreeCoin is shit that is just for testing so I need actual making of a coin.

If you are interested, please write me PM here on bitcointalk or reply to this thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BeginToMine

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

https://www.payaccept.net/

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:38:49 PM

I would like to create my own coin too, i have many good ideas how to make a very succesfull coin. But i have no idea how to do it and i do not have a lot of funds to invest.

defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 08:54:23 PM

No idea how to do it??

There is plenty of free resources that you can learn C++ online and the bitcoin source is completely open. I recommend you just dive in and start. Cheesy The first step is taking the first step. Smiley

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
par

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:02:58 PM

No idea how to do it??

There is plenty of free resources that you can learn C++ online and the bitcoin source is completely open. I recommend you just dive in and start. Cheesy The first step is taking the first step. Smiley

They want someone else to do all the hard work.

Also, I know that some people may write me about http://coincreator.net but I don't have any money to pay for YourCoin and FreeCoin is shit that is just for testing so I need actual making of a coin.

If you can't afford 0.075 BTC you shouldn't be creating a coin.
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:13:42 PM

Hi there

So what do you plan to bring to the alt-coin scene? if you can't code (aka develop anything new) then your coin is just going to get lost in the sea of other copy-paste coins out there, fail to get/keep investment and untimatly join the piles and piles of the dead and gone. If you intend to dump a pre-mine during any initial hype then you will have created just another scam coin and will have just conned investors out of their funds.

So I guess my question is what are you bringing to the table that will add value to your project over the others out there?  Smiley

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
hackis (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:15:15 PM

No idea how to do it??

They want someone else to do all the hard work.

If you can't afford 0.075 BTC you shouldn't be creating a coin.

I think that making thread, responding to people, contanting exchanges and handle coin offering is also hard work. And it's not about that I can't afford 0.075 BTC, they are just not the best service for making an altcoin. If I would want coin that I mean it with, I would need at least that 0.25 BTC. And they don't offer linux and mac wallets.
hackis (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:25:48 PM

Hi there

So what do you plan to bring to the alt-coin scene? if you can't code (aka develop anything new) then your coin is just going to get lost in the sea of other copy-paste coins out there, fail to get/keep investment and untimatly join the piles and piles of the dead and gone. If you intend to dump a pre-mine during any initial hype then you will have created just another scam coin and will have just conned investors out of their funds.

So I guess my question is what are you bringing to the table that will add value to your project over the others out there?  Smiley

There is really not that much things that can be bring to the altcoin scene. Most important thing for altcoin is community. If altcoin have big community, then the coin will last and success. I may not bring anything revolutionary to the altcoin scene but if I will earn anything from that altcoin, I will use most (if not all) my funds for advertising the cryptocurrency scene and that altcoin, because I believe that if more people are interested in bitcoin/altcoins then there is bigger chance for success and for rise of price.

But I would like to create a web wallet like coinbase for that specific coin where you could store it or directly exchange for btc/ltc/doge/... and you would have access to private keys
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:27:31 PM

fair enough  Smiley

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
GailSan

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:33:20 PM

I know very little about that coincreator site and the general stuff that goes in to creating a coin.
But I would be very wary of buying one of those coins because I think they are simply direct
copies of the Bitcoin source with no special qualities or features whatsoever. I dont know if a coin
can be bought and then updated? If that can be done then it might be a good idea and then hire
a programmer to code new features.

Also I would strongly suggest you read the terms and conditions of the coin made for you. The company
could easily have some sort of copyright thing going on which buyers may not be aware of. Next thing you
know your coin is very successful and then you find out your licence runs out in a year or something.
Just speculation of course.

tigerwood0432

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:44:35 AM

coinry.com . openning very soon (coin factory by Arch dev) > You name your coin >> they developp it for you

▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████
██username 12345█████████████████████████████
███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
██1234567███12345678██12345678███12345678████
████████████████████████████████████████████
████▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
CryptoPay

GET IT NOW
Disturbia

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:04:36 PM

If you make a coin please don't scam people. Make it a decent coin that people will want to have and use.  Smiley
FallingKnife
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 01:12:43 AM

There's lots of abandoned coins. Just find one that syncs, pick it up and make things happen. Save yourself the hassle of a launch. Smiley

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
BTC-king

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:39:20 PM

There's lots of abandoned coins. Just find one that syncs, pick it up and make things happen. Save yourself the hassle of a launch. Smiley

This is good if the old dev is willing to give github access and keys and what not. Some devs will not go and rather let a coin die.
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1042
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 05:00:29 PM

No idea how to do it??

Agreed. If you just want to clone a coin, then--> GIYF.

If you actually want to make something worthwhile (not saying that some clones aren't) then grab a source of your choice, go tot he SRC folder (if it's C++ based) and piece by piece deconstruct it using google to learn what everything does, and how to format in C++. After a while you will start to form a basic, and then, intermediate understanding of C++ and what makes these coins 'tick'. You will find yourself jotting down ideas, and things that you would like to do, and slowly find yourself writing new, if not, totally overhauled code for your ideas, starting at from a basic template.

Please, if you are going to make something, take your time and do it right. In the long run you will feel good about your work of art, and you would have started your venture into the world of wonders. I could have released a million different clones, but I chose not to as it looks terrible when a person is pumping out useless cash grabs. Instead I choose to slowly work on my own ideas, with no rushing, or set time limit. In the end, when (if ever) i release it, I will have a better chance of success, and long term sustainability.

So, TLDR, take your time, learn what it is you're doing, and enjoy the learning process!

Grin MrC

mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1042
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 05:04:04 PM

This is also a good idea. Grab a coin with a good name, and re-invent it. Use parts of other coins (UI, new commands, etc) and incorporate it all into a starting point.

If you will be releasing something like this without proper understanding and education on how to operate and maintain it, just make sure you let people know that it was/is your first expierement, and you are in a learning process. That will save your from being eaten unwillingly harassed hurt by forum members.

Mainbrain

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

BaiQi

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 05:10:35 PM

it will fail if make the good ideas happen.

Show me your Bitcoin address.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: