Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How do i start mining
? - 3 (60%)
? - 2 (40%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Brand new to mining  (Read 2623 times)
beekneez (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:17:27 PM

What do I need to do to start mining?
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 08:18:04 PM

Don't mine. Serious advice.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3273

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:31:21 PM

Do lots of research on the costs of mining and the prediction of mining revenue before you spend a dime. Basically, it boils down to this:

If the cost of mining (in BTC) is greater than the amount of BTC you mine, then you are better off just buying the BTC instead. If you don't care about making a profit, then look for a cheap ASIC miner and have fun.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
gangplankk

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:51:17 PM

im wanting to mine too, but not sure why people say no.

price of bitcoin is low.. thats why?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3273

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:38:54 AM

People say no because the cost of the equipment (in BTC) is more generally more than the amount of BTC it will mine. Obviously, that is not the case for all the miners -- experienced miners with access to capital can make a good profit.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:13:14 AM

Make sure to do ROI math.   In  current situation its harder then it was to profit.  Your electricity price can make or break your ROI over time with it so low on BTC.
spidergoat

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:19:53 AM

Currently, it is highly impossible to gain profit or ROI. Many ASIC companies have turned to a scamming company and they either don't ship or ship defective products. The difficulty is to high to even hit a ROI.
Zephir

Activity: 533
Merit: 539

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:24:34 AM

Hello.

First you have to read the inofficial bitcoin wiki: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining , to get more knowledge of mining and btc.

When you read a bit and understand the basics, you can try to calculate your earnings from mining with a difficulty calculator: http://www.evolyn.net/bitcoin/mining_calc.php
or: http://btcinvest.net/de/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php

But you have to know, that mining is like gambling, you can earn some money, but for most of the small home miners, it would have been better to buy coins instead.

Signatures lead to paid signature programs which leads to spam!

Clearly we must eliminate the signatures... or ban the paid sig programs
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:29:05 AM

IMO Cloud Mining is the only solution left to new entrants... but getting a reliable yet profitable cloud mining website is a big deal.

hulk

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:50:45 PM

To start mining on your own you need to buy ASIC. Look up at bitmaintech. But do some heavy calculator before deciding..

beginner_x

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:14:06 PM

Do you want to mine for investment(or earning money with ur equipment)? or start mining to learn how this things work?

Actually i choose second option and try to understand how these things go and it was helpfull to me. At first place i do not want to invest the thing which i don't understand.

First, i tried to mine with my own computers, but equipments are not optimized for mining so it was wasting of time. I hired some machines to mine for me and i understood that i spend more money than i win. I hired bitcoin, ltc, darkcoin and some other altcoin machines.. I also tried cloud mining, but my share price dropped from 0.005 to 0.002, yes i had profit from mining but i lost more than with share prices. At last, my mining earnings decreased with increasing network speed, so it is obvious that i have to add new ghs to my profile. This is not good option too.

At the end, i understand that mining by myself, cloud mining (at least the company which i found), hiring options did not worked for me.

About one month ago, i decided to buy some mining equipment.. Than bitcoin prices started to drop from 600's to 300's and simultaneously network speed started to increase(actually network speed always increases, but there is inverse ratio which effects earning more).

Which machine i will buy? and how can i earn? and do i always need to add new equiptments? These are new questions for me, because i do not produce mining equipments and i have already a day job. So i didn't buy any equipment yet, because i am not pro. Additionally I observed that most of mining equipment owner hiring their machine for others, it has more profit than mining.

Yes, people says u can't win, because they already tried it. But do your own calculation, at the end, this will be your decision.

This is my story, i hope you will find answers.
Loophole

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:42:58 PM

Welcome to bitcointalk beekneez.

The only thing you need to do now is to do more research.
You need to understand how difficulty adjusts itself and how it is going to affect your mining profit.
You need to understand that you need ASICs to mine bitcoin nowadays, and you need to compare the price, hashrate and power consumption.
You need to understand how to use a mining calculator to estimate the profit or loss of your investment based on your electricity price, the ASIC specs and your predicted difficulty increasing rate.

jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:59:12 PM

There are a few mining profitability documents out there, you should take a look at the mining section for these.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
mullerdan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:17:04 PM

You must already have a good material computer.
nikkoy

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 03:30:45 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2014, 03:07:33 AM by nikkoy

search the forum about mining . there's a lot of topics regarding this. many have advised not to mine especially for newbies like us because it is hard these days to generate profit. You would have incurred more expenses than have income. Only if you have free electricity or Low electricity cost . It would really give you profit. Dont mine by yourself, search about pool mining.
tzussam

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:50:37 PM

you'll really need to have a good hardware in addition to calculate the ROI.
I was also interested by mining, but as far as I saw in the statistics, you'll get a ROI of 69 cents after 3 months... which is not really worth it.

Well, this is my point of view, other could say something else.

Kind regards,
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:38:22 PM

If you want to mine, I wouldn't recommend it. But you could use onlne services such as cex.io (you can trade alts and for fiat there too) or pbmining.com.
There you can buy and sell GH/s and earn from the mining of blocks.
All the best with the venture..
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:25:49 PM

you'll really need to have a good hardware in addition to calculate the ROI.
I was also interested by mining, but as far as I saw in the statistics, you'll get a ROI of 69 cents after 3 months... which is not really worth it.

Well, this is my point of view, other could say something else.

Kind regards,

Its not a one size fits all.  Everyone should do their math on their own.  Cheap electricity and space makes it possible still to roi, it is not guaranteed like early days.
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:30:08 PM

Cloud mining is your way to go. One time investment, long time return. No headache of maintenance. Just be careful of Ponzis.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:17:03 PM

No, mining today is not geek job, but professional business where special hardware is crafted by companies to maximize profits.
You can't compete with this. You will only loose money on mining, so do it for fun or don't Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: