Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:26:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Updated Map of bitcoin friendly countries vs. contentious vs. hostile  (Read 1258 times)
pablo4345 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:39:09 PM

Is there an updated map that can show this type of information?  Smiley

We need to keep track of which countries are evolving in a regulatory manner leaning more towards a more friendly acceptance of bitcoin vs. other countries (i.e. Russia) that are planning to pass laws to ban bitcoin and anything related to it (see link below).

We could have an interactive map (different colors determining the acceptance i.e green = open to bitcoin, red = hostile, etc.) that will be updated on a daily basis to really show the status of the worldwide bitcoin acceptance. Since bitcoin will triumph, we can go back and take a look at this map and really see from a chronological perspective how bitcoin became the currency of the world.

I don't mind volunteering to making this happen but I might need some help on the technical side.  Grin

Any opinion gents and ladies??

http://www.coindesk.com/russian-ministry-finance-drafts-bill-banning-bitcoin/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:43:44 PM

Is there an updated map that can show this type of information?  Smiley

We need to keep track of which countries are evolving in a regulatory manner leaning more towards a more friendly acceptance of bitcoin vs. other countries (i.e. Russia) that are planning to pass laws to ban bitcoin and anything related to it (see link below).

We could have an interactive map (different colors determining the acceptance i.e green = open to bitcoin, red = hostile, etc.) that will be updated on a daily basis to really show the status of the worldwide bitcoin acceptance. Since bitcoin will triumph, we can go back and take a look at this map and really see from a chronological perspective how bitcoin became the currency of the world.

I don't mind volunteering to making this happen but I might need some help on the technical side.  Grin

Any opinion gents and ladies??

http://www.coindesk.com/russian-ministry-finance-drafts-bill-banning-bitcoin/

You could volunteer to update the wiki. This one definitely needs an update. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_Bitcoin_by_country

pablo4345 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:49:48 PM

Thanks for they reply. I'll definitely keep this one on my list. I'll still try to see if we can have an interactive globe showing the acceptance status by country.
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 02:56:06 AM

Russia might be a bigger continent so map is a bit discomforting. But when you count up the people that supports bitcoin globally, it's awesome. Cool Cool

H.W.Z

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:13:42 AM

Great! People planning to go to travels will get this type of information and make their travel plan. Some of them are holding bitcoin and are happy to pay with bitcoin when travelling. So the information is important for them.

Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 10:07:55 AM

Plus maybe zoom in to the map that can even show bitcoin accepted store. On another thought wouldn't it be better if we can just directly put that into google maps

teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:14:38 AM

Is there an updated map that can show this type of information?  Smiley

Hmm...  Sounds a bit like bitlegal.io to me.
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:19:58 AM

It is a great opportunity for the startups to offer such useful service many people want to know such information.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: