Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:49:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin promotion on other forums  (Read 1186 times)
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 10:50:42 PM

How about a simple signature in every other forum you are a part of?  Something like:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 10:52:06 PM

I have my btc referral links in my other sigs.

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 03:58:04 AM

In your sig, it's probably better to put something that already assumes they know about Bitcoin, because then it will create interest in them instead of the salespitch aversion.

For example, instead of "Ask me about Bitcoin", a better option is, "Tip me with Bitcoin" or "Bitcoin daily price chart" etc.

In the latter, you're showing Bitcoin in use instead of appearing as though you're trying to push something on someone.
majamalu
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 04:59:20 AM

In your sig, it's probably better to put something that already assumes they know about Bitcoin, because then it will create interest in them instead of the salespitch aversion.

For example, instead of "Ask me about Bitcoin", a better option is, "Tip me with Bitcoin" or "Bitcoin daily price chart" etc.

In the latter, you're showing Bitcoin in use instead of appearing as though you're trying to push something on someone.

Good point.

http://elbitcoin.org - Bitcoin en español
http://mercadobitcoin.com - MercadoBitcoin
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 05:08:10 AM

Thanks - good point!  I'll do that.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 09:02:15 PM

This. I got into Bitcoin not because of any Bitcoin article, but because when I was reading ArsTechnica, one of the links in a story to anonnews piqued my interest, and they proudly announced on each page that they accept bitcoin donations, like it wasn't a big deal. That is how you get people interested in bitcoin.

SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 09:07:04 PM

This. I got into Bitcoin not because of any Bitcoin article, but because when I was reading ArsTechnica, one of the links in a story to anonnews piqued my interest, and they proudly announced on each page that they accept bitcoin donations, like it wasn't a big deal. That is how you get people interested in bitcoin.
Unfortunately, I think all of the other forums I visit outlaw personal promotion or advertisement for personal gain of any kind in the forum signature.  So, I don't think I would be abiding by forum rules by asking for Bitcoin tips in any of them.  But I did, for now, at least link to a daily bitcoin chart.  It'll give people something to look at and pique their interest.
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 09:25:36 PM

Unfortunately, I think all of the other forums I visit outlaw personal promotion or advertisement for personal gain of any kind in the forum signature.  So, I don't think I would be abiding by forum rules by asking for Bitcoin tips in any of them.  But I did, for now, at least link to a daily bitcoin chart.  It'll give people something to look at and pique their interest.
That's strange. This is not common in Finnish forums, none that I use have this policy. Well some don't allow signatures and avatars in general but that is different, those boards are probably just running museum software.

I think it's a good idea to promote Bitcoin this way. I'm basically promoting my own site very blatantly everywhere but the site is (or will be) only semi-commercial. It's a Finnish Bitcoin information/news portal primarily so I don't see it as a problem, I lead people there to learn about Bitcoin, if I get something out of it later then good for me.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2012, 02:16:34 AM

+10000. Great point.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: