Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:18:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dan Larimers speech  (Read 4199 times)
beyondbitcoinshow (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:41:57 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 09:01:06 AM by beyondbitcoinshow

Usually the Beyond Bitcoin Show / Mumble Dev Hangout has a weekly show.

I believe over at bitsharestalk.org they are going to post a better version with slides.

https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/beyond-bitcoin-special-daniel-larimer-inside-bitcoins-las-vegas-2014
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 04:31:12 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 04:43:46 AM by jabo38

I am a little shocked that people can listen to the wackiness that comes out of his mouth and want to give him money.

He kind of reminds me of somebody who has a BA in Bitcoin.  Somebody who is indeed kind of smart and knows just enough to talk about it and know many genuinely good facts and even sometimes have some good speculation, but that other times has a vision that and total comprehension of somebody who is totally off base.  He needs to go to Bitcoin grad school, get a PhD in Bitcoin and come back.  

He doesn't even organize his arguments in order the right way.  An amateur mistake for sure.

It is so funny that he thinks that Satoshi's bitcoin is a total failure but that his creation is exactly what Satoshi wanted.  BTW.... Satoshi = PhD

brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 04:59:14 AM

I am a little shocked that people can listen to the wackiness that comes out of his mouth and want to give him money.

He kind of reminds me of somebody who has a BA in Bitcoin.  Somebody who is indeed kind of smart and knows just enough to talk about it and know many genuinely good facts and even sometimes have some good speculation, but that other times has a vision that and total comprehension of somebody who is totally off base.  He needs to go to Bitcoin grad school, get a PhD in Bitcoin and come back.  

He doesn't even organize his arguments in order the right way.  An amateur mistake for sure.

It is so funny that he thinks that Satoshi's bitcoin is a total failure but that his creation is exactly what Satoshi wanted.  BTW.... Satoshi = PhD

Amateur mistake?  LOL

Listen to what he says in the speech, Bitcoin is a complete ideology, not just a currency.  Have you looked into BitShares?  Downloaded the wallet?  Begin to understand what BitUSD or BitGLD can do?  He and his team are trying to move beyond just a currency.  These are just baby steps and we should be glad some one is trying to move this ideology along.
troglodactyl

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:31:42 AM

It sounds like you may have some interesting criticism of some point that he made, but you forgot to include it in your post.
dwma

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:19:12 AM

You didn't address anything he said that was actually wacky.  You're far worse than anything you are accusing him of.

If Satoshi=PHD, why did he make the blockreward function have steps of .5 which is going to completely disrupt bitcoin if not patched around.  Satoshi did a lot of great things, but BTC is like the first version of software and has a lot of problems because of that. 
Useli Violent

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:51:47 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 07:03:22 AM by Useli Violent

Is there a better recording of this?
The audio isn't exactly great quality.

██████████ YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
beyondbitcoinshow (OP)

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:02:47 AM

Is there a better recording of this?
The audio isn't exactly great quality.

There is a better version.  Maybe we should wait for that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: