Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:27:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Stag! | Stagflation crypto based on NXT! | OPEN BETA (Down for testing)!  (Read 49334 times)
Corleone1918

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:14:12 AM

plz reserve for me
adjiadjo
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:21:50 AM

gonna look forward for Stag!  Grin
PM sent dev  Wink
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 01:39:40 PM

This coin may be worth 5btc, community coin was worth 1-2 btc per person.   Grin

Stag is better than COMM.
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 02:31:10 PM

just sent pm... Wink
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 02:32:17 PM

Sounds very solid surely will catch eyes of investors.
PM Sent.
Hash72

Activity: 294

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 02:33:40 PM

This coin may be worth 5btc, community coin was worth 1-2 btc per person.   Grin

Stag is better than COMM.

Hope for the better >>>
PM sent ..good luck

trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 02:37:48 PM

just sent pm,
hope for big future...
networthsigns

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:19:36 PM

Good luck with Stag.
SnjafSnjaf

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:45:39 PM

How long till the end of first round of distribution so that others then sr. and etc..., can join?
Stag (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 08:18:28 PM

How long till the end of first round of distribution so that others then sr. and etc..., can join?

It will be until Stag's official release which I can't say when that will be exactly. I have run into a weird bug because I changed the contents of the HTML file so that it says STAG instead of NXT everywhere and now when I try to do a transaction it says: "Fee not specified."

I have asked for help from some of the NXT devs but so far no one has answered. On a related note:

Announcement
The beta version of stag has been delayed. I still hope to get it out soon but I have run into a bug that is slowing me down.

I have asked the NXT community for help but have not got an answer yet. Rather than be unproductive and simply wait for the NXT community to respond, I have decided to work on an add on for NXT that will also be implemented in Stag.

This add on will open up legacy JSON-RPC commands used in Bitcoind for use by developers. This will make it easy for exchanges and payment processors to accept both NXT and Stag. Rather than having to learn new commands and write new code for NXT and Stag, they will be able to use the Bitcoind commands they are used to and have already written code for.

In addition, full JSON-RPC 2.0 will be supported with named parameters and new, NXT/Stag-specific commands will be added, providing a rich JSON-RPC 2.0 development environment for developers to utilize if they prefer it to the standard NXT and Stag protocols.

Like the standard NXT API server, the RPC server for Stag and NXT will support https connections, and like Bitcoind, it will support RPC username/password protection. The https connections allow for safer transition between the server and the client and the username/password protection protects the server from unwanted access to commands.

The RPC server can be configured for multiple usernames and passwords and assignment of privlege levels to each is supported. Optionally, certain commands can be permitted for use by unauthenticated users on the server. For example, transactions cannot be sent by unauthenticated users, standard users can access information about their accounts and send transactions in their accounts, admins have access to everything.

This user permission level system will be ideal for exchanges who wish to keep each user's balance in user specific accounts rather than a centralized account.

Hopefully I will hear back from the NXT community before this project is finished, otherwise I will have to find the bug the hard way. Sad
romawi

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:26:25 PM

Any progress in your project? Did you get response from the NXT community?

Stag (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:30:54 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2014, 03:54:25 AM by Stag

No response yet. I am going to take it to the other Stag dev to check out sometime this week. In the mean time, I am going to continue developing the RPC interface.

Edit: I found the problem and have been able to progress with debugging! Smiley The error was a single extra whitespace in the code. No wonder it took me so long to find it!

mirador17

Activity: 799

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:50:23 AM

No response yet. I am going to take it to the other Stag dev to check out sometime this week. In the mean time, I am going to continue developing the RPC interface.

Edit: I found the problem and have been able to progress with debugging! Smiley The error was a single extra whitespace in the code. No wonder it took me so long to find it!

Good news, good work.  Smiley
curT

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:51:54 PM

registration still ongoing?
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:43:05 PM

I think yes but you need to send him a PM.

mirador17

Activity: 799

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:36:54 PM

And you need 2 activitypoints more to reach a "seniormember".
Stag (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:31:33 PM

Good news, good work.  Smiley

Debugging has been MUCH smoother since I got rid of that one bug! I fixed 5 bugs in the forging code just this morning! (I have only been awake for about 2 hours).

Hopefully nothing that tricky comes up again so I can get Stag 0.0.1 out sooner rather than later.

Stag 0.0.1 most likely won't have all the additional security features (such as the pseudowallet file and second public key) enabled but will have some of them fully implemented (such as the enhanced password generator).

In case you don't know, the pseudowallet is like having a second public/private key pair, except, rather then being generated via a password, the private key is generated directly through a random byte array and is capable of providing higher entropy because it is not dependent on a password (providing better security). In addition, the public key is also capable of being much larger, making it more difficult to brute force the private key which corresponds to the public key. The pseudowallet file contains a reference to the transaction that contains its public key so it is quickly found.

To provide extra security, the pseudowallet file is encrypted using the standard Stag password. This forces potential attackers to find the password before they can find the second private key. Because the wallet file in encrypted with a different algorithm than is used to generate the standard private key, the attacker would need the exact password used to create the account rather than just finding the account's private key and using it to unlock both the standard login and the pseudowallet file.

So basically, with the pseudowallet file, an attacker would to do one of the following:

• Brute force both the standard private key (which is already difficult) and larger, more difficult, pseudowallet private key.
  • Brute force both the account's password and the pseudowallet private key.
  • Brute force the account's password and steal the pseudowallet file.
  • Steal the account's password and steal the pseudowallet file.
  • Steal the account's password and brute force the the pseudowallet private key.

In other words, it would be quite difficult to hack someone' account if they have a pseudowallet implemented.

The enhanced password generator, which will be implemented in Stag 0.0.1, is also really cool. First of all, it implements a larger array on English words than the NXT password generator, providing better entropy. It optionally, implements the HotBits true random number generator on top of a pseudorandom number generator (the pseudorandom number is meant to provide security in case HotBits becomes insecure for whatever reason e.g. they are hacked, the connection is intercepted, something goes wrong with their generator, etc.) which provides higher password entropy. It will support multiple password sizes (so no one can just find the password and know what it belongs to based on number of words or characters). It will support multiple password languages for easier commitment to memory for speakers of languages other than English, and it will, optionally, allow creation of passwords using random characters rather than words for the extra paranoid who wish to save passwords in something like KeePass.

In other words, it will provide better security than the NXT password generator by adding new features, both for the standard user and the paranoid user, and it will be more user friendly by allowing passwords to be generated in the user's native language.

Like I said, the enhanced password generator will be avalible in Stag 0.0.1.

Expect Stag 0.0.1 to be released sometime around New Years (may be sooner, may be later; I want to make sure it is as secure as possible before it's release; I don't want anyone to lose any money).
curT

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:45:05 AM

And you need 2 activitypoints more to reach a "seniormember".

Thanks.
Stag (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:31:27 PM

So, development is going well. Stag is actually mostly functional already. Having a little trouble with the asset exchange functionality which might spill over into the DGS, but other than that, it works great!
romawi

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 08:31:54 PM

So, development is going well. Stag is actually mostly functional already. Having a little trouble with the asset exchange functionality which might spill over into the DGS, but other than that, it works great!

Nice to hear. Thanks for update.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: