Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:58:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Stag! | Stagflation crypto based on NXT! | OPEN BETA (Down for testing)!  (Read 49336 times)
Stag (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 11:29:55 PM

Working on overhauling Stag with the latest version of NXT. Smiley
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 12:35:06 AM

You are doing a great job Stag regarding all the bugs we have been having, I will be looking forward to the full Release of STAG in due time and your ever growing support Smiley
atchoum6760
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1063

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 10:18:19 AM

Great job Stag.I test again and it's ok !

Stag (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:40:49 PM

That is weird, because I haven't sent out the update yet.
atchoum6760
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 06:43:54 PM

I said the old version.

Stag (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 07:03:39 PM

I said the old version.

Ah. So I am inches away from being able to send out the new version. With it will be another blockchain reset. Hopefully I can send it out by tomorrow.
Stag (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 02:38:20 AM

I have some good news and some not so good news. The good news is that the new update is forging just fine and I will update the node tomorrow with the latest version. The not so good news is that is all I will be able to accomplish tomorrow as I have other obligations to attend to.
monoxide

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:16:01 AM

This really looks promising! Good job dev.
Stag (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 06:56:22 PM

Stag Beta Update!

The latest version of Stag Beta is now on the public node you guys are used to by now! This Version utilizes NXT 1.3.4 at its core and offers new features such as searching the marketplace for tags, description text, and title. It also has a slicker design.

It also offers a modified version of transaction sorting/execution that won't be included until NXT 1.4.0.

This method sorts unconfirmed transactions first in ascending order of height where new blocks have a height on Integer.MAX_VALUE and blocks that have been attached to a block and popped off have the height of the last block they were attached to. Next, they are sorted by TX fee per TX byte in descending order. Next they are sorted by a Bit value in descending order where the value is 1 if the transaction sender is logged into that node and 0 if they are not. After that, they are sorted in ascending order of their arrival timestamp. This is a marker indicating when the unconfirmed transaction arrived at the node forging the block. Next, they are sorted in descending order by the amount of NXT being transfered in the transaction because I am assuming that the more NXT that is transfered, the more important the transaction is. Finally, it defaults to sorting the blocks by transaction ID.

Transactions are executed and stored in the block by the arrival timestamp at the forger's node in ascending order, the height of the transaction in ascending order, and finally by transaction ID in ascending order.

As I mentioned before, I don't have time to look for bugs today so I am counting on all of you to do a good job for me!
atchoum6760
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 07:03:10 PM

Great job Stag i pm you if you want again bêta tester.

Stag (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 09:41:01 PM

It took some tweaking, but I finally got it working, there was an error processing peer transactions so the two nodes blacklisted each other. I fixed it now and spent most of my day doing something I said I wasn't going to do... That is, debugging the new version of Stag...
griffinriz

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 10:04:42 PM

you are doing a great job. Will check the new beta
Stag (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 10:13:53 PM

And I forgot to change the peer requests in the blockchain processor so that new blocks don't go through. One more bug to fix today sigh.
romawi

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 12:12:57 PM

Every action ends with "Could not verify signature (server side)".

Stag (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 01:43:44 AM

Oops, forgot about that in the big update. Fixed now. I also figured out what was going on with the nodes not connecting. I made a typo when adding their data to the database. It should be working well now.
romawi

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 05:51:20 AM

Oops, forgot about that in the big update. Fixed now. I also figured out what was going on with the nodes not connecting. I made a typo when adding their data to the database. It should be working well now.

Failed to connect

http://104.131.29.158:7826

MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:04:50 AM

Failed to connect

Same for me too
Stag (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 08:04:54 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2014, 04:01:08 AM by Stag

Failed to connect

Same for me too

Sorry guys... Beta is down right now. I have some more debugging to do for the new beta. There was trouble verifying transactions from other nodes and I have been particularly busy so I haven't gotten a chance to work on it much. I will have plenty of free time soon though.

Thank you all for your patience!

EDIT: I will be making a new system for transaction storage to minimize the amount of space every transaction takes up in the database. It will implement alias transactions and all new accounts will get one free alias upon creation. The free aliases will start as purely numeric and will be made to be as short as possible so that they are easier to remember.

Transactions sent to an alias will take on three forms...
  • Numeric: transactions sent to these aliases will be stored using the alias rather than the account ID. They will store the data as the smallest MYSQL data type possible. Values 0, or 1 will be stored as a BIT and -1 will be stored as a null BIT. Values less than -1 and greater than 1 between -128 and 127 will be saved as a TINYINT with 128 being a null TINYINT. So on and so forth for each data type. This type of transaction will be indicated by a null BIT.
  • String Aliases shorter than than the length of an account ID or longer/equal ending with a number between -128 and 127: these will be saved as a character array that makes up the string alias and a byte or null if it is shorter than the length of an account ID. This will be indicated by a BIT equal to 0 In the database.
  • For String Aliases that do not match the requirements of the above specification: these will be converted into the standard RS account ID saved as a BIT array which encodes to the RS account ID.

Numeric account IDs will be completely done away with. The reasoning for this is that they are only 8 bytes (64 bits) in length so there is a relatively high possibility of two passwords making the same numeric account ID which is the whole reason for public keys and public key announcements in NXT.

Stag will do away with these in favor of simply using longer RS ids (I haven't decided on a size yet) and using aliases as addresses. It will work similar to Bitcoin. Public keys will exist but it is not necessary to share them on the blockchain.

Instead, there will be a wallet file created the first time Stag is run. The account RS ID will be derived from the wallet file bytes hashed with the user's password hashed with the private key. In order to get the funds from an account you need the wallet file, the password, and the private key of the account. This decreases the chance of two passwords leading to the same account and may increase privacy (I will have to do more research).

EDIT 2: OK. I think I have come up with an idea for increasing privacy through this method. The wallet file will contain a number of private passwords... These passwords are used to generate new addresses sort of the same way Bitcoin has multiple addresses.

There will be two types of addresses, sending addresses and recieving addresses. Sending addresses are used only when sending out a transaction, they are used as a way of identifying where a transaction came from. An account has only one of these, but it changes every block. This is where brother rewards go.

Recieving addresses are permenent and every account may have as many of these as they like. They forge and block rewards are sent to them...

In a transaction, a sending address claims a particular recieving address with a special code and forwards its funds to one or more recieving addresses. Brother rewards are handled differently. They first go to a sending address, that sending address which holds the Brother Reward and forges with it. It will be the last of the accounts claimed by a future sending address.

This is ONLY speculation though. I have to think more about the benefits and pitfalls of a system like this.
monoxide

Activity: 774

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:57:43 AM

Failed to connect

Same for me too

Sorry guys... Beta is down right now. I have some more debugging to do for the new beta. There was trouble verifying transactions from other nodes and I have been particularly busy so I haven't gotten a chance to work on it much. I will have plenty of free time soon though.

Thank you all for your patience!

EDIT: I will be making a new system for transaction storage to minimize the amount of space every transaction takes up in the database. It will implement alias transactions and all new accounts will get one free alias upon creation. The free aliases will start as purely numeric and will be made to be as short as possible so that they are easier to remember.

Transactions sent to an alias will take on three forms...
  • Numeric: transactions sent to these aliases will be stored using the alias rather than the account ID. They will store the data as the smallest MYSQL data type possible. Values 0, or 1 will be stored as a BIT and -1 will be stored as a null BIT. Values less than -1 and greater than 1 between -128 and 127 will be saved as a TINYINT with 128 being a null TINYINT. So on and so forth for each data type. This type of transaction will be indicated by a null BIT.
  • String Aliases shorter than than the length of an account ID or longer/equal ending with a number between -128 and 127: these will be saved as a character array that makes up the string alias and a byte or null if it is shorter than the length of an account ID. This will be indicated by a BIT equal to 0 In the database.
  • For String Aliases that do not match the requirements of the above specification: these will be converted into the standard RS account ID saved as a BIT array which encodes to the RS account ID.

Numeric account IDs will be completely done away with. The reasoning for this is that they are only 8 bytes (64 bits) in length so there is a relatively high possibility of two passwords making the same numeric account ID which is the whole reason for public keys and public key announcements in NXT.

Stag will do away with these in favor of simply using longer RS ids (I haven't decided on a size yet) and using aliases as addresses. It will work similar to Bitcoin. Public keys will exist but it is not necessary to share them on the blockchain.

Instead, there will be a wallet file created the first time Stag is run. The account RS ID will be derived from the wallet file bytes hashed with the user's password hashed with the private key. In order to get the funds from an account you need the wallet file, the password, and the private key of the account. This decreases the chance of two passwords leading to the same account and may increase privacy (I will have to do more research).

EDIT 2: OK. I think I have come up with an idea for increasing privacy through this method. The wallet file will contain a number of private passwords... These passwords are used to generate new addresses sort of the same way Bitcoin has multiple addresses.

There will be two types of addresses, sending addresses and recieving addresses. Sending addresses are used only when sending out a transaction, they are used as a way of identifying where a transaction came from. An account has only one of these, but it changes every block. This is where brother rewards go.

Recieving addresses are permenent and every account may have as many of these as they like. They forge and block rewards are sent to them...

In a transaction, a sending address claims a particular recieving address with a special code and forwards its funds to one or more recieving addresses. Brother rewards are handled differently. They first go to a sending address, that sending address which holds the Brother Reward and forges with it. It will be the last of the accounts claimed by a future sending address.

This is ONLY speculation though. I have to think more about the benefits and pitfalls of a system like this.

Thanks for the update, Dev!

Can't wait this to launch. Do you have any launch date on your mind?
Stag (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:53:32 PM

Thanks for the update, Dev!

Can't wait this to launch. Do you have any launch date on your mind?

I wanted to release before the new year but if I chose to implement a Sending/Recieving address system to up privacy, it will take longer...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: