Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:44:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitFury BF3500/4500 Purchasing?  (Read 2403 times)
gazillionear (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:16:27 AM

I was looking to purchase a piece of BitFury hardware but it seems that they don't sell them individually.

Is there any way I can get my hands on one?

I am also open to the option of building something with certain parts including the BF864C55 chip.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
punin

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 10:11:41 AM

Hi Gazillionear,

Thank you for your interest in our products!

There are currently no active resellers of this product as it's targeted to industrial scale miners and other B2B clients, so unfortunately you won't be able to purchase one at the moment.

Although the BF864C55 is still a very competitive chip when rated by efficiency, I would advice you to wait to see if our next chip would be more suitable for your project.

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:28:55 AM

Although the BF864C55 is still a very competitive chip when rated by efficiency, I would advice you to wait to see if our next chip would be more suitable for your project.

Any hint when your next chip will be released?

gazillionear (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:22:59 AM

Hi Gazillionear,

Thank you for your interest in our products!

There are currently no active resellers of this product as it's targeted to industrial scale miners and other B2B clients, so unfortunately you won't be able to purchase one at the moment.

I appreciate the response punin!

I'd also be interested to know when your next chip will be released.

Am I right in thinking it's a 28nm chip? Will it be targeted at the same kind of consumer or will individual purchase be available?
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:19:49 PM

I think it is most likely the next chip will be at 28nm.

However, afaik Bitfury hasn´t taped out their next chip yet, so it should take at least 2 more months until first chips would be available.

And who knows, Bitfury might want to upgrade all their own hardware before selling any.

They are after all the single largest commercial bitcoin miner at the moment.

I also think it is highly unlikely that a large number of consumer product will be available, as the whole bitcoin mining space is moving towards large farms
(with already more than 50% of total hashpower being hosted in commercial, dedicated mining facilities).
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 03:13:57 PM

I also think it is highly unlikely that a large number of consumer product will be available, as the whole bitcoin mining space is moving towards large farms.

And why do you say that farm products aren't also consumer products? As long as they maintain <3KW and 70dba, no reason why those two segments don't overlap.

Collider

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:20:24 PM

And why do you say that farm products aren't also consumer products? As long as they maintain <3KW and 70dba, no reason why those two segments don't overlap.
B2B sales are very different from standard consumer sales and if a company gets an average order size of 1PH or more, there is no real "incentive" for bothering with "normal" customers.

Product can be sold faster and more efficiently on a larger scale, and this is one of the reasons Bitfury group only deals in bigger orders at this time.

As long as there is enough demand for large orders and the specific services Bitfury group provides, I don´t see this changing any time soon.
zulover

Activity: 583

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:30:00 PM

What would be the minimum amount to buy for tge bf3500?
Collider

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:34:02 PM

What would be the minimum amount to buy for tge bf3500?
I guestimate it is somewhere around 1 PH.

Bitfury group might try and sell some of their less efficient product to the general consumer market once they can produce and swap their own equipment out for more efficient miners.
This assumes they develope(d) some kind of consumer software to manage these devices.

That is what happened when they developed their last improved miner.(the 0.77W/GH model)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:22:51 PM

I also think it is highly unlikely that a large number of consumer product will be available, as the whole bitcoin mining space is moving towards large farms.
To put a different perspective on things, over on this side of the pond, most consumers only have access to <1.4kW circuits in residences Sad

That's my measure of a consumer device; "Can it run on a single, standard North American residential 120V circuit" *grumbles*
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:13:00 PM

To put a different perspective on things, over on this side of the pond, most consumers only have access to <1.4kW circuits in residences Sad

That's my measure of a consumer device; "Can it run on a single, standard North American residential 120V circuit" *grumbles*
That's fair, but it's a little restrictive. Besides things on dedicated circuits like a stove or A/C, I have consumer tools like a table saw and small MIG welder that run on 240V circuits. You can't plug them into a NEMA 5-15, but they're still consumer products.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 11:45:00 PM

That's fair, but it's a little restrictive. Besides things on dedicated circuits like a stove or A/C, I have consumer tools like a table saw and small MIG welder that run on 240V circuits. You can't plug them into a NEMA 5-15, but they're still consumer products.

And I was referring to the entire unit - a lot of the larger ones will have two PSUs so you can split circuits. But either way, your property isn't really geared up to mine if it only has 15A 110V circuits.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: