Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 04:20:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I shall fix your buggy/messy web application for $25  (Read 715 times)
didntlogin (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:46:01 AM

I am a 21 year old college student looking to earn some extra pocket money.

I can fix and review your code for $25. CSS layout problems? JavaScript console errors? Polishing up messy code? PHP giving your weird errors on your page? Want help modularizing your NodeJS project? Stuck in callback hell? Want to automate tasks like compressing all images you upload, or minifying all your CSS with a simple terminal command, but were too lazy to write the script yourself? I'm your guy. I'll do anything and everything (that isn't a full-blown project) for $25.

If you think $25 is too much for the work you want me to do, feel free to PM me and negotiate. However, please consider this. I review all your code, and give suggestions and (on your approval), help you modularize and clean up all of your code, even if that's not the primary thing you wanted me to fix. I shall fix issues like variables that are unnecessarily in the global namespace, make all your code reusable and efficient, and ensure consistency in your code. I promise good-quality and thorough work, and can therefore justify my price tag for most projects.

I am familiar with HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript. I consider myself an intermediate JavaScript programmer - I am reasonably comfortable with functional JavaScript and closures.

In the past, I have made an HTML5 game using the Phaser framework (Line Runner: http://arunmahadevan.com/linerunner/ ), and a chat bot (Chat with Amy: http://chatwithamy.github.io/ ).

I have interned at a pretty well known startup in my country (I shall PM its name if you're interested), where I worked on their custom URL shortener, and contributed highly scalable code to it. I have worked with GulpJS, Grunt and Yeoman to automate several tasks. I am reasonably comfortable with MongoDB and Redis, having used both at my internship.

I wrote the URL shortener I mentioned above using NodeJS and Express. Apart from that, I have also used Socket.IO, and am reasonably familiar with concurrent programming using Node.

Other miscellaneous stuff I've worked with include: WordPress, Jekyll (the CMS), Bootstrap, Foundation.

I can also help you speed up your site on the frontend: Minifying JavaScripts and stylesheets, loading them asynchronously if needed, optimizing your images, making image sprites, etc.

Here's a link to my GitHub: https://github.com/arungm29.

If you've got a bigger project in mind that you need me to write from scratch, do not hesitate to PM me. The price can be negotiated.

I ask for 50% upfront for small jobs (the $25 deal), and 10% upfront for bigger stuff.

I hope I can be of help!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: