Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:17:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The return of the whale  (Read 2273 times)
ineededausername (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 01:39:36 PM

The size of the bidwalls matches the old 45k wall exactly... $200k to the top.

I wonder where we're going now.  Last time he managed to push it from $4.6 to $5... askwalls are falling quickly.

Is this the end of stability?

(BFL)^2 < 0
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 01:59:53 PM

Hopefully so  Grin

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 02:01:41 PM

I wonder where we're going now.  Last time he managed to push it from $4.6 to $5... askwalls are falling quickly.

I'm betting we're not going to make it past the months long resistance and that we'll see sub $5 prices again.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 02:05:45 PM

The press is really good now, capital controls in Greece are now a bit more possible then it was just a few days ago, we are close to a tipping point in outside interest.  On the other hand on the inside it looks rather gloomy - like it was about to resume the last years long down trend.
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 02:06:04 PM

Volumes are not that high yet... None of the walls have been 'eaten' yet.  Just manipulation.

One off NP-Hard.
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 02:18:16 PM

Volumes are not that high yet... None of the walls have been 'eaten' yet.  Just manipulation.

+1.  People are trying to induce other people to take the plunge, but nobody wants to be the one to do it.  And as we have seen over the past few months, it's going to take some serious buying volume to decisively settle the market's mind on which way to go.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 02:30:33 PM

Stability = stagnation.
zby
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 02:37:09 PM

+1.  People are trying to induce other people to take the plunge, but nobody wants to be the one to do it.  And as we have seen over the past few months, it's going to take some serious buying volume to decisively settle the market's mind on which way to go.

If it was only about the insiders this would be a dead game - but observe what will happen if people start to be really desperate with the Greek meltdown.
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 04:10:50 PM

If it was only about the insiders this would be a dead game - but observe what will happen if people start to be really desperate with the Greek meltdown.

I haven't seen any good evidence to suggest that economic events outside of bitcoins' little world move this market one way or another.

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 06:26:22 PM

I haven't seen any good evidence to suggest that economic events outside of bitcoins' little world move this market one way or another.

+1. Agree with you. Bitcoin is not know enough to get any significant halo from these economic events.

zby
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 06:47:07 PM

According to Khaneman there are two cases when people irrationally (that is against the chances) choose risk.  One is the well known lottery situation - when for small money they can buy a chance for a big win.  The second is the situation when they are sure to lose but risking even bigger loses they can 'win' to get even - this is the desperation case when people feel to be doomed they try anything.  The people in Greece (and then probably Italy and Spain) are sure to lose - the only question is if they will discover bitcoins in the right time.

Of course - that is just a speculation.
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 07:10:40 PM

Instability is off-putting for a lot of people.

Stability will lead to greater adoption of bitcoin, which in turn will lead to another round of rampant speculation.

If not now, then soon.

IMO

Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 11:42:36 PM

The people in Greece (and then probably Italy and Spain) are sure to lose - the only question is if they will discover bitcoins in the right time.

They are not THAT desperate.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2012, 02:12:58 AM

+1.  People are trying to induce other people to take the plunge, but nobody wants to be the one to do it.  And as we have seen over the past few months, it's going to take some serious buying volume to decisively settle the market's mind on which way to go.

looks like yesterday their was about 70,000BTC traded

what makes you guys think the asked were pulled out and not sold off?

if they where pulled out.. who sold & bought all these coins in the past 24 hours 

notme
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 02:23:50 AM

Denial.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2012, 02:25:12 AM

I'm betting we're not going to make it past the months long resistance and that we'll see sub $5 prices again.

didn't you get the memo?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78629.0

Wink

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2012, 02:27:31 AM

Denial.

how to you account for 70,000 coins traded?

none of it came from the ask wall, and the bid wall grew!  Huh

ah yes, this is what the bitcoin per launch sequence looks like   Grin

notme
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 02:42:42 AM

Denial.

how to you account for 70,000 coins traded?

none of it came from the ask wall, and the bid wall grew!  Huh

ah yes, this is what the bitcoin per launch sequence looks like   Grin

It's been a while, hasn't it.  Vaguely familiar, but could it be possibly be real after these months of stability?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 03:07:55 AM

Hopefully so  Grin

Goes to show what liquidity of bets in all directions through Bitcoinca meant for ze price stabeelethee.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 03:57:46 AM

If I was a Greek living in Greece I'd be buying up gold and silver right now.  Bitcoins?  My bet is 99% of the general population (ie. not geeks) don't know what bitcoin is, where it is bought and how it can be used to move money outside the country.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: