Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:04:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question to Help new Bitcoin users  (Read 853 times)
Relaeh (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 12:36:39 AM

Background Info
Ok so I have a question that I haven't found an easy answer to yet, perhaps I won't, but still important to ask. Basically I'm looking for a platform, api or some sort of solution to help my clients get started with Bitcoin but also maintain access to help facilitate their requests. It might help with a little background of what we do. We consult and educate new users interested in bitcoin by establishing a wallet for them and helping them get some bitcoins and really making and effort to show them how the technology works in a way they can understand. The main aspect of what we do is training / consulting customers on how to use bitcoins and keep them up to date on important news and other important information. The majority of our clients are not technically savvy so they often have trouble using bitcoins and understanding the fundamentals of how to use them. That is where are primary services reside in helping facilitate a wallet and consulting clients on the technology. Currently we are just manually performing everything from creating wallets and helping set orders for them to buy / sell bitcoins. We've been using Blockchain for the time being since it is accessible on a wide range of platforms being web based. The client can login to their account and do all the actions they need and they also share their account information with us so that we can facilitate orders and actions for them as many of the new users still have troubles using bitcoin when they first begin.

Current Process
The typical process we go through with clients is first establish a wallet for them and them educate them on the fundamentals of using it such as sending and receiving bits. Next we usually are helping them obtain some Bitcoins based on the amount they would like to invest. This is done from any of the available places that offer a reasonable rate for them whether its Circle or Coinbase etc. Most of the times we are still helping them sending and transacting with the bits and answering the many questions these new clients have. Once they start to get the hang of the basics we can begin the important steps of showing them all the variety of services and places to use bitcoins rather than just the typical "here are some bitcoins, ok talk to you later", and letting them sit on the coins hoping the price goes up vs actually experiencing the many other benefits and uses available.

The Question
My question would be are there any solutions or platforms out there that we could use to help make this process easier for both us and the clients? We are looking for a way to create a wallet for the client and share access with them for the duration of their account so that we can successfully help with with any issues. There is no complex features required at this time other than creating the wallet and allowing them to view their balance as well as send and receive Bitcoins as many others offer. I suppose the issue comes in where we help control of many of our clients wallets for them and it becomes harder to keep track of as we get more applicants. We have considered a web application that could create a wallet for them and perform basic functions that we could still help administrate actions on their behalf but I wasn't sure if something like this already existed?

I hope that is a clear enough description of what we are sort of looking for and I appreciate any feedback you all have.

Edit:
Grammar

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:40:30 AM

[...]
 We consult and educate new users interested in bitcoin by establishing a wallet for them and helping them get some bitcoins and really making and effort to show them how the technology works in a way they can understand.
[...]

I do that too sometimes. The one thing you need to get across to them is that it is of utmost importance that they alone control the private keys to their bitcoins. Otherwise be a bank and take responsibility for your customers' deposits.

For some less technically inclined people I had good success of introducing them to the Trezor. Others prefer a paperwallet and use Mycelium to spend from it. Once they decide on a method or wallet software, teach them the process and do some sample transactions, so they get familiar with the process. I agree that it is important that they can come back to you with any questions they have.

Every backdoor you are trying to have to access their account for your "services" can potentially opened by somebody else too. Additionally any "problems" with addresses and balances can easily be checked on a block explorer, iike for example blockr.io

The one solution for "managing" other users BTC I'm aware of is the PAMM on btc-e, but that is for trading only, not withdrawing or providing "services".

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: