Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:19:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will the cryptocurrency job market look like in 10, 20, 30 years?  (Read 2267 times)
virtfund (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:44:46 AM

What kind of jobs will be available. I would like to possibly become involved in this industry, but don't know exactly what would be good to study to prepare for it (both in university and extra-curricular). 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:06:44 AM

No one can look that far in the future, but for sure some things will change.

The whole internet might change, perhaps we're not even talking about cryptocurrency anymore at that time.

You can secure yourself a good job if you get into programming, and learn different languages as there is always a need for solid programmers.
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:16:27 AM

10 years is a long time, i really do not know if bitcoin still has a meaning full existences.

sure the network is still running, like new programs are made for the commodore 64, but if its really used a lot...

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:51:37 AM

Looking at the way governments are jumping in and trying to regulate the industry, I predict there will be a lot of jobs for compliance officers.  Grin
BTCmoons

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:21:38 AM

What kind of jobs will be available. I would like to possibly become involved in this industry, but don't know exactly what would be good to study to prepare for it (both in university and extra-curricular). 
I really don't see the cryptocurrency job market ever getting very big, even if bitcoin or another crypto currency catches on and becomes a "mainstream" currency. Much of what happens with bitcoin is automated and does not require a lot of manpower and more manpower is likely not necessary for additional consumer/merchant adoption
touhonoob

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:56:49 AM

The jobs will be for software engineers but regulators and banksters.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 07:15:04 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2014, 07:49:30 AM by freedomno1

Hmm now that is an interesting question

In my opinion a lot of cryptography would be required for developers in the industry
I guess the ability to use high levels of analytic and statistical data and perhaps if we are talking blockchain related technology significant coding experience so general levels of computer science wouldn't know the programming language though but maybe C for now.

Less coding compliance officers and finance degrees with specialization in digital technology

But if you want an Idea
Check out Andreas Specifications and mimic that Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUNGFZDO8mM&feature=youtu.be

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
abrahamlitcoin

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

♔ of ♥

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:57:03 PM

It maybe booming by that time or cryptocurrency will be a history written only in wikipedia.

enryk

Activity: 168

GreenCoin

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:33:24 PM

Probably only in the software industry and payment processing industry.

SunBin

Activity: 151

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:59:24 PM

Probably only in the software industry and payment processing industry.

Blockchain protocol can extend to all businesses requiring contracts. Can also build a new exchange based on blockchain protocol.
Turnkey

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:22:17 PM

It maybe booming by that time or cryptocurrency will be a history written only in wikipedia.

Yeah. That's a possibility if all countries decided to ban cryptocurrencies.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:09:50 PM

Yeah. That's a possibility if all countries decided to ban cryptocurrencies.
Cryptocurrencies are not going to simply dissapear... they are here to stay. The question is what currency is going to be the be all end all currency. I say this is Bitcoin.. it can't just simply dissapear. If Bitcoin is ever going stupid low again, im talking 5$ a coin... who the hell isn't going to buy a big chunk "just in case"? I cant be the only one thinking like this, so if you start considering everyone that thinks like this, Bitcoin is fail-prooft.
SmoothCurves

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:01:33 PM

Less "Jobs" and more people making money with their talents. This will happen thanks to tipping and services like maidsafe that pay the application developers automatically as their user base grows. Decentralized systems of the future will run on everything basically. You will make small amount of money from renting hard drive space or computing power in your phone, laptop, home, vehicle. The rise of semi or fully autonomous businesses as well - Owning a car will be like owning a taxi + driver. Lot's more jobs in creative fields, tourism, etc. Advances in VR like Oculus and Magic Leap will mean huge virtual economies and crypto-currencies will allow digital goods to be scarce and valuable. In the 2030's you'll see the beginning of the end for traditional governmental regimes and the beginning of intelligent and dynamic governing systems. By the 2040's a Kurzwelian singularity seems possible.
DhaniBoy

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:40:54 AM

I think there is no reason to preclude movement as cryptocurrency bitcoin, bitcoin might rival the official currency used in a country, even for the future bitcoin will be the official medium of exchange trade, but with certain conditions, such as the Internet connection which keeps continuous without a break, because without the internet bitcoin will not be able to evolve, many collected via bitcoin mining, faucets, and followed the forum and sig. campaign ..  Cool

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
arvindr

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:48:05 AM

It will most probably me businesses that will be able to incorporate the blockchain into their applications like contract signing/etc.

maurya78

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:58:23 PM

The crypto industry in 5 years will be where the robotics industry is today will several 100,000 knowledge workers employed in it

IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:18:27 PM

If you want to work "at the core" of cryptocurrencies you obviously need to gain a lot of knowledge on the inner workings of cryptocurrencies' protocols and implementations. Then you'll be a true expert on high pay. Smiley

Of course there will be a lot of jobs in the sector that don't require deep knowledge on these matters. Even just staying informed on the topic will give you a serious advantage over applicants from the general population that decide to join the cryptocurrency sector by the time it becomes in vogue.

Regarding university: Any technical curriculum is a good choice. Something relating to math and information technology (especially networking and security) is even better.
enryk

Activity: 168

GreenCoin

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:29:44 PM

I actually teach at a university about Cryptocurrency. I guess, this might be fit for a lot of future job openings.

pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:01:29 PM

This is one particular course in cryptocurrency.
http://digitalcurrency.unic.ac.cy/

nextblast

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 08:49:17 AM

I actually teach at a university about Cryptocurrency. I guess, this might be fit for a lot of future job openings.
Wow, there's university offering lectures about Cryptocurrency? A very good step forward.
Do you mind to share the name of that university?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: