Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:48:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GBLSE assets data spreadsheet  (Read 4674 times)
Tritonio (OP)

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

Vanity of vanities; all is vanity...

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 10:15:55 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2019, 10:54:49 AM by Tritonio

I collected all GLBSE assets on Google Spreadsheets using some simple scripts that pull the data from GLBSE and refresh the spreadsheet automatically. The spreadsheet is sorted by the time it will take for the dividents to pay out the cost of a share/bond. As some people said it's not good for every situation but it's good for mining shares.

Formats
HTML *Best for online browsing*
PDF *Best for offline browsing*
CSV *Can be imported to Excel easily*
TSV

Columns
  • Symbol
  • Description
  • Verified
  • MHash/s /share (if applicable)
  • PPS (if applicable)
  • Days between payments to dividents
  • Last payment to dividents (BTC)
  • Price
  • Price / (Mhash/s)
  • Market capitalization (disabled for now)
  • Payments to even out cost of share
  • Days to even out cost of share
  • Link

Problems?
If you find symbols missing or wrong data, post them in this thread and I will fix it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoiners

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 03:29:07 AM

So I was fooling around and made this: http://bittit.info/index.php?address=17i9NCgLbdPfH4uH6YhmxyXSZYfdsHaSBK
I don't know if anyone is interested to tip in for it but I'm posting it anyhow as an experiment.  Wink

Columns:
  • Symbol
  • Verified
  • MHash/s /share (if applicable)
  • PPS (if applicable)
  • Days between payments to dividents
  • Last payment to dividents (BTC)
  • Price
  • Price / (Mhash/s)
  • Payments to even out cost of share
  • Days to even out cost of share
  • Link

I get a blank page.  No numbers.
Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 10:56:05 AM

Not even the column headers? You are supposed to download a file that contains only the headers. To increase the filesize you've got to pay at its address, wait for a while and redownload. Whenever someone tips into that address the file size will increase for everyone. So when 0.5BTC is collected everyone will be able to get the file for free. (as I said I'm just trying the waters here)

sub, also TyGrrMBA just went live:)

I've seen this many times, but: what is "sub"?
Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 11:18:35 AM

Ah thanks for the explanation.

Oh, and I just made it free instead.
PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 02:16:32 PM

Good job well done  Grin

Keep up the good work.

Greetz
Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 02:21:40 PM

Do you people think I should expand this to all shares and bonds?
The columns related to hash power would not make sense for other shares and bonds of course so I could either remove those columns or I could leave them empty.

Also currently the last divident payment is what it say: the last payment (in BTC). Should I change that to weighted average of all divident payments?

BTW there a few script running behind the spreadsheet that autoupdate some of the values. Soon I hope to make it almost self-updating.
REF

Activity: 529

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 02:27:10 PM

great idea to put these all down on a spread sheet.

Do you people think I should expand this to all shares and bonds?
The columns related to hash power would not make sense for other shares and bonds of course so I could either remove those columns or I could leave them empty.

Also currently the last divident payment is what it say: the last payment (in BTC). Should I change that to weighted average of all divident payments?

BTW there a few script running behind the spreadsheet that autoupdate some of the values. Soon I hope to make it almost self-updating.
If you did this for other bonds I would rather see it on spread sheet.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 02:28:09 PM

sub - subscribe. so we can get notified up updated to threads we want to watch.
... because clicking "notify" at the bottom of the page is too hard to do! Roll Eyes

An average wouldn't make sense, rather a cumulative value since start of the bond.

I for example add up all dividends per share per month and compare this to the theoretical value of 100% PPS for 1 month. Quite interesting numbers that come up that way!

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 02:48:52 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2012, 04:02:16 PM by ColdHardMetal

... because clicking "notify" at the bottom of the page is too hard to do! Roll Eyes

If only it would do what we want it to, that would make sense.

JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 04:01:06 PM

Zeta Mining hasn't paid a div yet to the best of my knowledge...

Also - created the following shortened link - http://snipurl.com/glbsedata

REF

Activity: 529

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 04:51:34 PM

you should make the symbol hyperlink to the glbse asset page. In the link column you should put the link to forum thread if there is one.
Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 05:44:59 PM

you should make the symbol hyperlink to the glbse asset page. In the link column you should put the link to forum thread if there is one.

I can't promise I'll do that because of the way the spreadsheet works. I'll see if it's possible (without changing every script behind the sheet) after I finish adding all symbols to the spreadsheet. But it's a nice idea, especially having links to the threads in the forum.
smickles

Activity: 446

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2012, 08:58:45 PM

Would it be possible to list MPOE ETF on your spreadsheet?
GLBSE asset page
More information

That humble request aside, I like what you have done here and it surely benefits the community Smiley

Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 09:19:19 PM

Smickles I am was just about to add as I am slowlly adding ALL symbols to the spreadsheet. Coul you tell me what short description I should use for it? Check the descriptions column to see what exactly I mean. (For now I'll leave it without a description)

EDIT: Also do we know how often it is paying out dividents?
bitcoiners

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 12:07:17 AM

Not even the column headers? You are supposed to download a file that contains only the headers. To increase the filesize you've got to pay at its address, wait for a while and redownload. Whenever someone tips into that address the file size will increase for everyone. So when 0.5BTC is collected everyone will be able to get the file for free. (as I said I'm just trying the waters here)

Cool.  I see everything now!  Thanks for this!

Cheers.
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 02:14:26 AM

You should probably change the title to "Assets Table" since not all, or even many, of the items listed are actually shares.

A column indicating whether a particular assets is a bond or share would be neat to.

Nice job Smiley

Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 03:15:58 AM

Changed the name. The column would be nice but I have trouble telling them appart in quite a few cases. For now I've marked some of them in the description column as bonds.

Bonds should be bought back at some point and don't pay dividents? Is that right?

Oh and I added all symbols to the spreadsheet. Will add the ones on IPO if they are not already in.
brendio

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 03:58:05 AM

Hey nice work, but do note that in some cases you are comparing apples and oranges with your metrics. It's always nice to have shortcuts, but things like "days to even out cost of share" are not comparable between a perpetual mining bond, a mining share, and a financial bond with principal payment at maturity.

Also note, BIB.GOAT was a bond, not a mining operation. It was secured by mining assets, but that is irrelevant to the analysis. Also, it has now matured and is worthless, so you should probably remove it from your list.

Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 12:34:05 PM

Hey nice work, but do note that in some cases you are comparing apples and oranges with your metrics. It's always nice to have shortcuts, but things like "days to even out cost of share" are not comparable between a perpetual mining bond, a mining share, and a financial bond with principal payment at maturity.

Also note, BIB.GOAT was a bond, not a mining operation. It was secured by mining assets, but that is irrelevant to the analysis. Also, it has now matured and is worthless, so you should probably remove it from your list.

So let me get this straight. Describe the following as bonds or shares.

1. Someones sells 1MHash at PPS100% per bond/share indefinitelly with the ability to buy back whenever he wants. My guess: Perpetual mining bond.
2. Someone sells 1Mhash per bond/share minus expenses for electricity etc indefinitelly. My guess: share of a mining operation (I would describe it as "mining operation" on the spreadsheet).
3. Somone sells shares to his mining operation without any guarantee about dividents or power per share/bond. My guess: same as the previous one

Am I right on those?

Also what is the differences between bond and shares? As I get it shares NEVER have guarantees on the divident payments. If the company doesn't have profit, divident payments will not happen. On the other hand bond MAY have some guarantees on divident payments and MAY have a guarantee about buyback. For example "You buy this at 1BTC/bond, I'll be paying 0.01BTC per week in dividents and in 12 months I'll buy back the bond at 0.9BTC. Additinaly I reserve the right to buy back the bond at any time at 1.5BTC.". Now about this last one "the right to buy back whenever you want. How does it happen? I mean if there are no ask orders on the market how is the issuer going to buy back?

And one last thing. When you do an IPO, and the people bid on the initial value of the asset, do you have to sell all of the assets issued? For example if I want to issue and sell 100 bonds at 1BTC/each and 50 people bid 1.5BTC/bond while another 50 people bid 0.9BTC/bond, what will happen? I suppose I would still issue an ask order 100@1BTC/each and only 50 people would get bonds from me (BTW at what price? 1BTC or 1.5BTC? Would there be any difference in this process is I was issuing shares and not bonds?

So I'll change GIGAMINING etc into "perpetual mining bonds" and leave that that just share profits from mining as "mining operation".
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2012, 04:47:11 PM

Good work. It's a handy reference for investors.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: