Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:26:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (Reddit) Teach me something in 5 minutes or less that would benefit me for ever?  (Read 8586 times)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 05:11:06 AM

Wait till somebody pens the 20th post so that your post would be the first one on the very next page, i.e. (or is it e.g.?), this post.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 05:16:17 AM

Oh, here's one:

If you train yourself to breathe from your stomach (so-to-speak) rather than from your chest, you significantly reduce the chances of contracting any type of bronchial infection.  And, from personal experience, I've cured myself of about a half-dozen fevers, colds, and flus with a single (but good) meditation session.  My guess is this is a result of increased oxygen intake, increased ATP generation, and a greater immune-system response.  Also, it's been shown through PET scans (positron emission topography) that meditation enhances effective dopamine regulation and transmission in the body, which could plausibly be responsible for decreased stress and cortisol levels and a stronger immune system.
I think exercise does this better
Dabangg

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

BitCoinTalk@dab.33mail.com is the ONLY way to buy!

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 11:36:27 PM

Learned some interesting things there. Thanks for sharing

I am still selling, please email me here: BitCoinTalk@dab.33mail.com
🌟 UPDATE: I can currently be reached ONLY by email. I am not able to reply to forum posts or private messages anymore. Thank you. 🌟🌟🌟🌟 EMAIL ME. Topic is now locked. Email me.
meowball

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:41:07 AM

Are you tired and your brain feels foggy? Do you want to know the fastest way to think more clearly and help long-term brain growth? Stop eating for a day!

Your brain responds to intermittent fasting through autophagy or the process of recycling waste cells and removing toxins from neuronal cells. This synergizes with the increased production of brain-derived neurotrophic factor which is involved with developing new synapses and creating new neurons. In replace of glucose, ketones are produced to feed your brain which protects you from neurodegenerative diseases.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 06:39:41 AM

Are you tired and your brain feels foggy? Do you want to know the fastest way to think more clearly and help long-term brain growth? Stop eating for a day!

Your brain responds to intermittent fasting through autophagy or the process of recycling waste cells and removing toxins from neuronal cells. This synergizes with the increased production of brain-derived neurotrophic factor which is involved with developing new synapses and creating new neurons. In replace of glucose, ketones are produced to feed your brain which protects you from neurodegenerative diseases.
Not recommended instead try a green juice diet
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 10:43:48 AM

How about don't piss in the wind. A good life lesson.

Dont piss on the amazon !!!

Fish crawl in !!!

meowball

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:16:35 PM

Not recommended instead try a green juice diet

Wink Just don't not eat for days. There is a reason why it's called "intermittent" fasting. For example, you can eat breakfast and dinner but skip lunch to feel benefits. Of course, if you absolutely need to eat, this may not be the right solution for you. In this case, I recommend eat/drink healthy as recommended by sidhujag.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:47:10 PM

Wait till somebody pens the 20th post so that your post would be the first one on the very next page, i.e. (or is it e.g.?), this post.

i.e. = "that is"
e.g. = "for example" (better for your post)
picolo (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:38:10 AM

Oh, here's one:

If you train yourself to breathe from your stomach (so-to-speak) rather than from your chest, you significantly reduce the chances of contracting any type of bronchial infection.  And, from personal experience, I've cured myself of about a half-dozen fevers, colds, and flus with a single (but good) meditation session.  My guess is this is a result of increased oxygen intake, increased ATP generation, and a greater immune-system response.  Also, it's been shown through PET scans (positron emission topography) that meditation enhances effective dopamine regulation and transmission in the body, which could plausibly be responsible for decreased stress and cortisol levels and a stronger immune system.

Exercise is good for so many things that it's almost always a good idea to try to start exercise. If you don't feel like exercise just try to start extremely small : do 10push ups, run 10min, do 10 sit ups and start again tomorrow then increase the number when you are use to exercise every day.

Good one
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 04:29:46 AM

Oh, here's one:

Exercise is good for so many things that it's almost always a good idea to try to start exercise. If you don't feel like exercise just try to start extremely small : do 10push ups, run 10min, do 10 sit ups and start again tomorrow then increase the number when you are use to exercise every day.

Good one
I did p90x like 3 times and played sports 3 times a week but now with a kid i only have time for stuff at home. 50x wide pushups 10x slow 10 second count leg raises 50x crunches 50x squats 50x close in pushups.. Did this twice a day but my bones were aching so i do it in the morning with my stretches...
Singlebyte

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 05:06:07 AM

5 foil hacks...

https://screen.yahoo.com/buzzfeed/5-foil-hacks-wrap-head-193859537.html
picolo (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 06:29:41 PM

4 good ones but doing a new picture frame is not that convincing.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 12:03:41 AM

i.e. = "that is"

Ha, ha! I made you forget about viz.  Kiss
picolo (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 02:54:51 PM

i.e. = "that is"

Ha, ha! I made you forget about viz.  Kiss

A good advice to a lot of people would be to GOOGLE when you want to know something : http://www.thefreedictionary.com/i.e. ie : id est : that is
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 03:31:43 PM

Buy low, sell high.. Wink
Most folks get that the wrong way around....

catena5260

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 12:33:36 AM

Fear is a choice.

Fear is the deepest thing we have in mind. Even without all the stuff that make us see and talk and think, the fear still will be there.

Not recognize it is try the impossible and a good way to fail
picolo (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 05:09:49 PM

Fear is a choice.

Fear is the deepest thing we have in mind. Even without all the stuff that make us see and talk and think, the fear still will be there.

Not recognize it is try the impossible and a good way to fail

If you fear something, confront yourself to it often.

yes!
picolo (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 03:32:20 PM

A few simple and funny tricks : http://9gag.com/gag/amLbPv9
picolo (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 02:01:25 PM

Learn something new everyday : http://zidbits.com/
reyhiesa

Activity: 292

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:46:22 AM

That's easy to say, but how do you know if it is low or high at the moment? Cheesy

I liked the "no zero days" advice from reddit: do something everyday to achieve your goals, no matter how tiny. And also the two minute rule: if you have to do something that takes you 2 minutes, do it immediately instead of letting it sit by.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████              █
█████     ███       ███