Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:51:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (Reddit) Teach me something in 5 minutes or less that would benefit me for ever?  (Read 8586 times)
picolo (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:06:49 AM

The Reddit thread :''What is something I could teach myself in 5 minutes or less that would benefit me the rest of my life?'' taught  me a few easy things, I thought I'd share :

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1tsfyd
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:13:48 AM

I love life tutorials. I guess this will be helpful.
JimClone

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:50:20 PM

How about don't piss in the wind. A good life lesson.
Singlebyte

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:24:53 PM

How to peel a banana properly....

http://www.instructables.com/id/The-correct-way-to-peel-a-banana/

picolo (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 11:25:22 PM

-How to clear your blocked nose works like a treat: Method 1: Push repeatedly with one finger the spot above the bridge of your nose

-When you're in a social situation you find awkward or strained, immediately make yourself comfortable. Find the best chair and kick back, whatever it takes. If you stand around awkwardly, its noticeable and makes you seem helpless and shy; if you get cozy, you appear more powerful and will enjoy the experience more regardless.

-Ian's Secure Shoelace Knot : https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/secureknot.htm The shoelace knot stays put all day
Page1

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 04:33:30 PM

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Altcoin Prophet

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 04:36:01 PM

Thank for sharing. Some cool little ideas that actually do work.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:43:52 AM

Okay, but how do you get down from an elephant?

In the spirit of the thread, how to fold shirts quickly on a flat surface AND via standing up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6n3lq3PhAU
picolo (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:25:13 PM

Thank for sharing. Some cool little ideas that actually do work.

If we learn one thing a day we may end up knowing a lot Grin
The three examples I gave in my earlier post are easy to learn.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:45:35 PM

I disagree.  Peeling from the stem is quite fine AND less messy so long as you bend the stem in the right direction so the tension causes it to snap rather than just buckle over.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:50:13 PM

Oh, here's one:

If you train yourself to breathe from your stomach (so-to-speak) rather than from your chest, you significantly reduce the chances of contracting any type of bronchial infection.  And, from personal experience, I've cured myself of about a half-dozen fevers, colds, and flus with a single (but good) meditation session.  My guess is this is a result of increased oxygen intake, increased ATP generation, and a greater immune-system response.  Also, it's been shown through PET scans (positron emission topography) that meditation enhances effective dopamine regulation and transmission in the body, which could plausibly be responsible for decreased stress and cortisol levels and a stronger immune system.
Nunu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:16:16 AM

“Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value – zero.” (Voltaire, 1694-1778)

picolo (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:28:04 PM

Oh, here's one:

If you train yourself to breathe from your stomach (so-to-speak) rather than from your chest, you significantly reduce the chances of contracting any type of bronchial infection.  And, from personal experience, I've cured myself of about a half-dozen fevers, colds, and flus with a single (but good) meditation session.  My guess is this is a result of increased oxygen intake, increased ATP generation, and a greater immune-system response.  Also, it's been shown through PET scans (positron emission topography) that meditation enhances effective dopamine regulation and transmission in the body, which could plausibly be responsible for decreased stress and cortisol levels and a stronger immune system.

Wow, I cure myself of fevers, colds and flus with working out, more sleep, very healthy food, hot beverages and vitamine C+tylenol for the symptoms and placebo effect. You have to start at the very beginning of the sickness
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 03:23:21 AM

Fear is a choice.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Billbags

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 03:50:12 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2014, 10:47:50 PM by Billbags

The Reddit thread :''What is something I could teach myself in 5 minutes or less that would benefit me the rest of my life?'' taught  me a few easy things, I thought I'd share :

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1tsfyd

Rescuing someone fallen overboard from a boat:

To start, steady your course in a straight line away from man overboard
- Put the helm hard over in the direction the man fell overboard (port or stbd) and wait until the boat has turned 90 degrees.
- Put the helm hard over the other way, and wait until the boat has turned 270 degrees. Be careful to keep the victim in sight during this second turn. Do not change speed.
- The boat should now be heading directly towards the victim

If a compass is available, the course change may be made based on compass heading. If not, pick a mark on the horizon off the boats beam (on land, or a distinctive cloud, or just use a best guess), and steer until the boat is heading for it. Then turn the other way until the boat is heading for the victim.

It doesn't matter how fast the boat is going, or how sharp the turn is. All that matters is that the speed is consistent and the turns are of equal radius.

Bring the vessel upwind of the person, stop the vessel in the water with the person alongside, well forward of the propellers.

Try to get the person out of the water without someone else having to get in the water also....you don't want 2 men overboard to worry about if you don't have too.

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
Poppy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 07:33:10 PM

every dollar died result of hyper inflation, and eventually ours will too one day.
El Emperador

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 09:12:28 PM

How about don't piss in the wind. A good life lesson.

Don't spit in the air has the same meaningfulness  Grin

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Useli Violent

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 09:20:01 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2014, 08:19:51 AM by Useli Violent

Your hand as a ruler:

Measure your hand from your fingertips to palm and memorize it.
Now you can judge the size of anything without a ruler.
Try to pick a finger that is pretty close to a standard length (1 inch).

You will never need a ruler to estimate again.

██████████ YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
picolo (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 09:30:54 PM

Fear is a choice.

Good one! It is a very important fact to remember
Igdehi

Activity: 42