Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:19:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what happened to gaw miners 300 MH/s unit  (Read 6184 times)
lifeforcepools (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:32:17 PM

I remember getting a bunch of promotional emails from Gaw about their 300 MH unit that was coming toward the end of the year and now I can't even find it on their website -does anyone know what happened to it?

thanks in advance.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Liam Bitchtits

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:35:18 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2014, 01:20:27 PM by Liam Bitchtits

They became hashlets. Well they are hashlets until they ship you the 300 mh's and others they use for their hashlets. They had vaultbreakers and mini vault breakers. Announced in August. That means they had them then but you had to buy them then for shipping in late oct/nov. Why because they use them for 3-4 months and rent their power as hashlets. You can bet your sweet behind that what you get in oct/nov is a very used machine. Not brand new pristine. Instead a cleaned used for 3-4 months machine. If they come out and say that they never used the peordered machine for the hashlets they are lying. Where else did all that hash power come from?
lifeforcepools (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:18:27 AM

interesting...

can you confirm any of this or is this speculation on your part?

thanks

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Liam Bitchtits

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:27:51 PM

interesting...

thanks

So they became the #1 "rental mining" in a week buy what? Renting rigs from nice hash? That would make nicehash the #1 rental for mining hash. Anyway it's what I was told by someone who I believe and it make perfect sense. From july to end of oct/nov the 1st batch have been piling up in the company doing nothing? Not likely they are being throughly "tested" for those 3 months. All the while the next wave or batch is starting to come in so those will replace batch one as the ship. they will be stronger higher has versions so more hashlets power can be available.

It's easy I invite GAW miners to come and categorically deny that none of the preordered and order hard for shipping to customers is/was/will be used to support Hashlets network before they reach the intended customers. 
lifeforcepools (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:02:06 AM

interesting...

thanks

So they became the #1 "rental mining" in a week buy what? Renting rigs from nice hash? That would make nicehash the #1 rental for mining hash. Anyway it's what I was told by someone who I believe and it make perfect sense. From july to end of oct/nov the 1st batch have been piling up in the company doing nothing? Not likely they are being throughly "tested" for those 3 months. All the while the next wave or batch is starting to come in so those will replace batch one as the ship. they will be stronger higher has versions so more hashlets power can be available.

It's easy I invite GAW miners to come and categorically deny that none of the preordered and order hard for shipping to customers is/was/will be used to support Hashlets network before they reach the intended customers. 

what you said does make sense - however for a newbie you seem to be pretty well informed - are you a competitor of theirs? most of the time newbies are asking how to install wallets...

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
tom99

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:09:55 AM

better place to check at hashtalk.org.
Anise

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:05:19 AM

I'm a newb too but not a newb to coins in general. Sounds like 2nd poster is like that too. My old account had issues and so I decided to start fresh. I've mined coins like dogecoin and vericoin a while ago. Don't let the tag of a new account fool you into to knowledge of the account holder. Not all newbs are 15yrs boys on their fist outing into the forum. I happen to be in my 30's and a female. As for hashlets I think the 2nd poster is right. GAW hasn't pushed hardware sales and even dropped the special one miner thing since Hashlets. Wonder why?
Strigori

Activity: 45
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:53:19 AM

I am thinking they are Butterfly labs all over again. Selling used and abused units after months of running them as Haslets. Think this scam is out of the bag.  Shocked
lifeforcepools (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:17:19 AM

I'm a newb too but not a newb to coins in general. Sounds like 2nd poster is like that too. My old account had issues and so I decided to start fresh. I've mined coins like dogecoin and vericoin a while ago. Don't let the tag of a new account fool you into to knowledge of the account holder. Not all newbs are 15yrs boys on their fist outing into the forum. I happen to be in my 30's and a female. As for hashlets I think the 2nd poster is right. GAW hasn't pushed hardware sales and even dropped the special one miner thing since Hashlets. Wonder why?

well - I'm certainly not going to fault them - business exist primarily for one reason and that's to make a profit - the sooner most people realize this the better of they are when making informed decisions.

if you come up with a business model that works that's great.

the real question is this - assuming that Hashlets actually do exist...are they really mining computer at all?

or is the money being invested actually being invested  invested elsewhere under the guise of mining to generate returns or perhaps more insidious - taking the hashlet purchases money to produce 'daily returns'. I suppose the people who mine on the pool that Zenminer offers could shed a little light as to whether or not they've seen the effect of haslets.

is there collusion on the part of Gaw and the 'selected pool' to keep the real truth hidden - has anyone who mines on these forum actually seen any dramatic increases in network hash rates over the past few months since 'hashlets' were born. As a pool operator that offers over 20 different coins - I can tell you from what I've seen there have not been any dramatic increases on the smaller coins..

the only dramatic increases I've seen are on dogecoin (I don't follow LTC so I can't comment on that).

I have approached GAW on several occasions regarding offering the coins in my pools as options to Zenminer/Hashlet customers and have never gotten a reply. It's of particular interest to me since I have a War Machine there that I would like to see pointed at some of the coins I offer in my pools because I know I could make more money - I have have it delivered to me but I currently have no room for it at home.

and please do not misconstrue any of my questions as accusations, they are merely questions.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Fugazi

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 09:53:12 PM

I am thinking they are Butterfly labs all over again. Selling used and abused units after months of running them as Haslets. Think this scam is out of the bag.  Shocked

I think so too. All these hashlets are getting their hash power from somewhere.
tom99

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 10:18:36 PM

I remember getting a bunch of promotional emails from Gaw about their 300 MH unit that was coming toward the end of the year and now I can't even find it on their website -does anyone know what happened to it?

thanks in advance.

if you can check Zeus release 300MH same as VB 300MH I think GAW use same chips that wont be in Dec or might be next year.

ps: some buyers of VB trade for primes.
lifeforcepools (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 10:35:18 PM

I think so too. All these hashlets are getting their hash power from somewhere.

what makes you think that hashlets really exist?

for all you know the money spent on hashlets could be in some sort of investment that is paying out at a higher rate than the selected 'multi pools' Smiley

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
lifeforcepools (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 10:36:36 PM

thanks in advance.

if you can check Zeus release 300MH same as VB 300MH I think GAW use same chips that wont be in Dec or might be next year.

ps: some buyers of VB trade for primes.

unless the Zeus boxes and already in production and mining making money for zeus and then they'll be sold to us unsuspecting fools as new machines...

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄