Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:03:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Video game idea  (Read 474 times)
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 05:40:44 PM

But what about the moments when the market is bearish? Prices can fluctuate very much, which can contribute to the outflow of customers due to the inability to rise in levels and buy any things.

I don't think that would have too huge of an effect on the game.
The main objective of this game would be to make it fun to play, regardless of the fact that you can earn cryptocurrency with it.

I could really see this work, I used to play a text-based RPG called CastleQuest, which also got reset after something like 2 months.
Now that was something I really enjoyed playing for multiple years, starting over again every season.

I assume this wouldn't be text-based though or what did you have in mind in terms of graphics?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 05:55:33 PM

But what about the moments when the market is bearish? Prices can fluctuate very much, which can contribute to the outflow of customers due to the inability to rise in levels and buy any things.

The main objective of this game would be to make it fun to play, regardless of the fact that you can earn cryptocurrency with it.

I could really see this work, I used to play a text-based RPG called CastleQuest, which also got reset after something like 2 months.
Now that was something I really enjoyed playing for multiple years, starting over again every season.

I assume this wouldn't be text-based though or what did you have in mind in terms of graphics?

I wish doing text based was still a thing. I created a MUD back in the day (it's actually still running).

Graphics could go from simple web app to MMORPG.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 06:24:32 AM

As far as i can remember back in the days that Huntercoin was a hit, it was extremely simple to play but hooked up many people

So imo no need for flashy ultra graphics to make something like this Smiley
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 11:33:49 AM

I wish doing text based was still a thing. I created a MUD back in the day (it's actually still running).

Graphics could go from simple web app to MMORPG.

I hear ya, it's still kind of a thing. I think Ogame is still being played, but it's definitely not as popular as it used to be.
If you get started on this game, feel free to hit me up to beta test it, more than willing to spend a couple of weeks just play-testing. (voluntarily of course)

Not a big fan of including a crypto miner in the game, since the earnings would be pretty much negligible.

CryptoSpark

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 05:07:12 PM

It sounds like fun, perhaps introduce new currencies which can be mined for activities in game.
Kill a mob, make some armour, complete a task etc. These events trigger the creation of new currency which can be exchanged in-game or through an onchain exchange for other currencies.

I like the idea of marrying up digital currencies with games although creating a fun game seems like the most challenging bit.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: