Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:46:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whatever happened to Bitcoin Affiliate Network?  (Read 23639 times)
.....Really?

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:35:37 PM

fire000 has done no more or less harm to BAN than the pool admin ThePhawner and his aliases have done by their multitude of embarrassing, childish, insulting and pathetic posts on the scam thread for the last 6 weeks - the last one of which was 5 minutes ago  Roll Eyes They are only harming themselves, it's pathetic.

@ s0br of BAN: Stop being a chicken sh*t & answer the questions like you keep saying you will, or stay the proven scammer you are!! s0br/BAN scam thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782765.0
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 11:50:31 PM

Pool received a good review

http://bitcoinsinireland.com/bitcoin-affiliate-network-mining-pool-review/
.....Really?

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 12:10:52 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2014, 12:21:06 AM by .....Really?

Not any more.......

I wonder how much s0br is paying this clown to delete comments & links on his referral blog...... Roll Eyes

@ s0br of BAN: Stop being a chicken sh*t & answer the questions like you keep saying you will, or stay the proven scammer you are!! s0br/BAN scam thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782765.0
-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 11:00:39 PM

Ive mined here since they started, never won an s3 and the whole giveaway scam thing i admit was a bit curious when it all went down but ive stayed with the pool and the payouts have always been legit and the bonus is nice.  the times when they had payout issues in the past s0br has been very good at paying what was due and then some.  so ill keep mining here til someone better comes along, if that even happens.
deleterase

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 11:20:41 PM

The payouts were never an issue here I think - just the fake winners. I won't touch them simply because of that, I just don't trust them now.
PCComf

Activity: 90

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 03:48:51 AM

The payouts were never an issue here I think - just the fake winners. I won't touch them simply because of that, I just don't trust them now.

Well, that's the great thing about this pool. You only need to trust them for two hours at a time if you have your payout set to every two hours. That said, I've stuck with them since that first month with only brief interruptions and they have recovered from every issue they had and made up for payouts when they were not as they should be. They have been very stable lately.

It is hard to understand how people can fall for crazy schemes and buy into cloud mining for unbelievable promises of profit yet a pool that consistently and provably pays out 10% over baseline and where the maximum risk is 2 hours of your hash rate plus your reaction time is feared.
megahash

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 11:30:44 AM

It is hard to understand how people can fall for crazy schemes and buy into cloud mining for unbelievable promises of profit yet a pool that consistently and provably pays out 10% over baseline and where the maximum risk is 2 hours of your hash rate plus your reaction time is feared.

It's hard to believe that you actually fell for this BS..... Roll Eyes

Do you seriously think that a pool can run at a 10% loss on everything they earn? How is that? All you know is what they claim they do - & what they claim is completely different to what they actually do, as has been clearly shown already. Ask yourself, how can a pool consistently over pay it's miners? Where is that payment coming from? Where is the proof that you are getting 10% more on every payment? Where are the stats that clearly show this 10% payment?

It's barely possible to run a pool at a profit under normal circumstances, ask any reputable pool dev, so to run a pool at a 10% loss is impossible unless a) they have more BTC than sense and want to give it away (like their S3's?  Cheesy), or b) It's BS.

Given their history - I'll go for b)
PCComf

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 01:49:17 PM

Do you seriously think that a pool can run at a 10% loss on everything they earn? How is that? All you know is what they claim they do - & what they claim is completely different to what they actually do, as has been clearly shown already. Ask yourself, how can a pool consistently over pay it's miners? Where is that payment coming from? Where is the proof that you are getting 10% more on every payment? Where are the stats that clearly show this 10% payment?

It's barely possible to run a pool at a profit under normal circumstances, ask any reputable pool dev, so to run a pool at a 10% loss is impossible unless a) they have more BTC than sense and want to give it away (like their S3's?  Cheesy), or b) It's BS.

I don't care if they are running at a loss. I don't care if they are not sustainable. I do care that I'm making 10% over what I should be, and the moment that changes there are plenty of pools to move to.

Put your hash power into a simple mining calculator like the one at bitcoinwisdom and they pay 10% over that. It really is that simple.
cathoderay

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

Welcome to dogietalk.bs

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 02:14:26 PM

I'll go for answer b) too.......as in BS.

Have you been a victim of dogie insults, neg-rep'd for no reason or been falsely accused by him? If so, air your experiences here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.0
Avoid manipulative Exchanges - Localbitcoins.com
PCComf

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 02:24:48 PM

I really don't understand the trolls here (cathoderay, .....Really?) It's not like you are spending money that you may never get back. All you have to do is point a single miner here for a few hours to prove it to yourself whether this works or not.
cathoderay

Welcome to dogietalk.bs

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:27:32 PM

Where is the proof that you are getting 10% more on every payment? Where are the stats that clearly show this 10% payment?

Stats & proof or it ain't happening.

Have you been a victim of dogie insults, neg-rep'd for no reason or been falsely accused by him? If so, air your experiences here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.0
PCComf

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:55:48 PM

Where is the proof that you are getting 10% more on every payment? Where are the stats that clearly show this 10% payment?

You seem to have determined not to believe it anyway. Anyone who posts data here you'll just call a shill and/or say the data is made up, which it very well could be. That's why I'm suggesting that you prove it to yourself with one of your miners.
cathoderay

Welcome to dogietalk.bs

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 08:55:32 PM

You seem to have determined to believe it anyway, simply because they say so. Anyone who posts stats & proof will be believed. Show everyone these 10% extra payouts you get..... Roll Eyes

grn

Activity: 357
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:20:28 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2014, 09:35:02 PM by grn

My payment for last 4 hour period...

Time: 2014-11-06 19:06:26 Amount: 0.01441407 Bonus: 0.00131037 Donation: 0 Shares: 20758183 Avg Hashrate from last payment 6,189.05 GH/s 203ba4f9b66a4... 12 confirmations.

How is that Lexical analysis working out bickneleski?
PCComf

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:29:16 PM

You seem to have determined to believe it anyway, simply because they say so. Anyone who posts stats & proof will be believed. Show everyone these 10% extra payouts you get..... Roll Eyes

Ok, this is my last feeding of the trolls. This is my dashboard that updates in near-real time, so you could verify yourself in half the time it took me to take this screen shot.
https://i.imgur.com/XoCeJ1O.png

You should be able to calculate out based on the number of normalized to difficulty 1 shares that I submitted ("Pending Shares") the current PPS rate and my pending payment. Note that I am getting paid every 24 hours, a change I recently made there in order to produce fewer transactions in my wallet, and because I have grown to trust them to make the payouts like they should. The default is 2 hours and the maximum is 24 hours.

I'd really prefer to not post my current receiving address publicly, but if you PM me for it I will share it privately and you will be able to verify that my payout will be the pending + bonus.

My hashrate there is approximately 3.2TH/s.
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 08:26:39 AM

It's barely possible to run a pool at a profit under normal circumstances, ask any reputable pool dev, so to run a pool at a 10% loss is impossible unless a) they have more BTC than sense and want to give it away (like their S3's?  Cheesy), or b) It's BS.

Let me first say Hello SUPER NEWBIE and welcome, it is nice to see you with so few posts (even less than me) attacking an honestly good pool. i will take your questions one at a time and slowly so you can understand. Since you clearly have NEVER mined on this pool, it makes me wonder why you even posted such negativity about them. if you did mine on their pool you are either blind or just plain stupid because a lot of the "proof" you asked for has always been plainly right in front of you.

Do you seriously think that a pool can run at a 10% loss on everything they earn?

What makes you think he is running on a 10% loss, I suggest you do a little more research into pools management, maybe take a class or two if you can find one, or just call s0br maybe if you ask nicely he will share with you how to profitably run a pool without scamming and unethically screwing your members.

Ask yourself, how can a pool consistently over pay it's miners?

Actually there is a trick and I know it and I bet the rest of the loyal BaN members have figured it out as well. if you have a business structure like s0br has set up, you can pay bonuses and still make a wonderfully nice profit. You just have to be smarter than the keyboard you are typing on. In your case you clearly lack this skill.

Where is that payment coming from?

Very simple from the rewards in the Blocks we solve DAAAH

ok this is how I know you have NEVER mined on this pool or you are just very stupid. The bonuses are not listed in one place but actually 3 different places, they are in realtime ran on the dashboard, they are in your transaction history and they are in your earning history. how you could have possibly missed this is beyond me. Since the first day i have mined there your reward per submitted share has always been available and in viewing, your estimated shares are calculated as well, your hashrates for each worker is in realtime and shown,  and the bonuses and BTC you earn are clearly shown in a few places with a constant running statistic as well.

Please sir before you make yourself look stupid, if you have pissed the owner and admins off in BaN I will gladly answer your stupid questions so you will not look like a complete noob idiot. Just PM me and ask, if I can answer you I will. this posting of yours was a very false and ridiculous attempt to attack this pool with lies and slander. even a non member can see some of these things just by going to the site.

DrHaribo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 02:42:34 PM

What makes you think he is running on a 10% loss, I suggest you do a little more research into pools management, maybe take a class or two if you can find one, or just call s0br maybe if you ask nicely he will share with you how to profitably run a pool without scamming and unethically screwing your members.

If instead of charging a fee you pay out a 10% bonus then you are running at a 10% loss.

Ask yourself, how can a pool consistently over pay it's miners?

Actually there is a trick and I know it and I bet the rest of the loyal BaN members have figured it out as well. if you have a business structure like s0br has set up, you can pay bonuses and still make a wonderfully nice profit. You just have to be smarter than the keyboard you are typing on. In your case you clearly lack this skill.

There is no trick with a mining operation on its own. Maybe he has a side business that runs with a profit. But if the mining operatiion pays out 10% more than what comes in, then it's running at a 10% loss. If you are paying someone 11 BTC to mine 10 BTC for you then you are losing bitcoins fast.

Where is that payment coming from?

Very simple from the rewards in the Blocks we solve DAAAH

So when a block is created and the pool gets 25 BTC it pays out 27.5 BTC from those 25 BTC. That makes sense.

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-
PCComf

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 03:08:28 PM

I am not in the know there and I am not going to condemn or promote them either way, but I do want to try to clear the fud about this. The pool reward is pps so blocks are not necessarily paid at a 10% loss based on luck. PPLNS would be that way. If they have a trick or they think they have a trick to stay ahead of luck then it works until it falls apart and in the mean time I am happy with these rewards.
DrHaribo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 03:55:38 PM

The pool reward is pps so blocks are not necessarily paid at a 10% loss based on luck. PPLNS would be that way.

So when the pool is lucky it breaks even. When the pool is unlucky or has even luck it takes a loss. Over time it takes a massive loss. Several PPS pools went bankrupt in the past, even when charging fees.

If they have a trick or they think they have a trick to stay ahead of luck then it works until it falls apart and in the mean time I am happy with these rewards.

It's not illegal or a scam to throw away hundreds of bitcoins and pay miners too much. That's a whole different discusison.

I've only heard of one pool doing something like this before, and they were "investing" the coins in a ponzi scheme.

Asking questions here is not "stupid questions". Noone is a "complete noob idiot" for asking questions in a situation like this.

"A trick", "business structure" or "rewards in the blocks we solve" makes absolutely no sense. It sounds like a scammer talking.

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:23:01 PM

One of the big things at play with the pool is it seems the pool operator owns or controls most of the hashing. So even the 10% he pays out to the minority of the miners I think is still less than what he is paying for rent on a lot of his miners. So if you would look at the fact if he is renting a large portion of his hashing or paying the same amount or less out to miners on a PPS it all the same and comes down to weather he is lucky enough to find the blocks.

Edit: all the above is my opinion only
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: