Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:03:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whatever happened to Bitcoin Affiliate Network?  (Read 23646 times)
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:48:25 PM

"The biggest issue with BAN is that they are hiding where the extra 10% is coming from.
Why do people hide things unless they don't want people to know it."

s0br has let it be known, even back when the amount was 25% that he pays it himself. He has bought BTC to cover what the pool does not cover with found blocks. I was once on the chat with him and he thought he had misplace some coins ( like 2 blocks worth) only to find out a day later when he sent out a pool email that his wallet had been compromised. Even thru trials like that the man has always paid and i have a feeling he is well funded. At the beginning he was doing it all himself and found out it may have been a bigger task than he thought but with so many miners here for the "hobby" and mining at a loss why is it so hard to believe someone wants to build a pool that he can use himself even if it is not a financial positive cash flow at this time?
Disclaimer:  (I really have no knowledge if the pool is profitable or not).
IYFTech

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:28:32 PM

"The biggest issue with BAN is that they are hiding where the extra 10% is coming from.

Yes you do, because they "claim" to pay you 10% extra - that means they are making a loss on every block they payout on.....

Think about it.

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 07:52:45 PM

Yes you do, because they "claim" to pay you 10% extra - that means they are making a loss on every block they payout on.....

Think about it.

No I can not answer that as I believe the pool controls a large part if not the majority of the hashing power. But as a PPS pool  I really don't care.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1819

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:37:57 PM

s0br has let it be known, even back when the amount was 25% that he pays it himself. He has bought BTC to cover what the pool does not cover with found blocks. I was once on the chat with him and he thought he had misplace some coins ( like 2 blocks worth) only to find out a day later when he sent out a pool email that his wallet had been compromised. Even thru trials like that the man has always paid and i have a feeling he is well funded. At the beginning he was doing it all himself and found out it may have been a bigger task than he thought but with so many miners here for the "hobby" and mining at a loss why is it so hard to believe someone wants to build a pool that he can use himself even if it is not a financial positive cash flow at this time?
Disclaimer:  (I really have no knowledge if the pool is profitable or not).
OK, so he pays it out of his pocket.
Good, that would clear it up ... if he actually said it, not someone else.

I would expect that the official forum thread for the pool that goes on about transparency would also say that.
There have been posts on the forum making all sorts of comments about where it comes from but none in the official forum thread, by him.
Clarifiying it in the official forum thread in the first post ... where he claims that the pool is the most transparent ... would obviously be very appropriate.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
kano
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:41:13 PM

Think about it.

No I can not answer that as I believe the pool controls a large part if not the majority of the hashing power. But as a PPS pool  I really don't care.
Um, of course you cannot answer that, you are not s0br ...

However, anyone ignoring all the FUD about BAN, and not mathematically challenged, can clearly see that it is a loss and thus the pool cannot continue it forever.
It is also statistically proven that a PPS pool cannot even continue 0% bonus payouts forever Cheesy

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:13:40 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2014, 01:37:23 AM by aurel57

Think about it.

No I can not answer that as I believe the pool controls a large part if not the majority of the hashing power. But as a PPS pool  I really don't care.

However, anyone ignoring all the FUD about BAN, and not mathematically challenged, can clearly see that it is a loss and thus the pool cannot continue it forever.
It is also statistically proven that a PPS pool cannot even continue 0% bonus payouts forever Cheesy

However anyone that is not mentally challenged can read what  s0br posted over 3 months ago https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=722202.0  that the bonus was only temporary until the pool hit 5Th. I also don't remember him ever saying that the pool will never charge a fee?  But on that first page /post he made, it also says "This pool is intended to be a free service for a new company we're launching in the Fall and will be promoting soon. " so just maybe the pool is intented to not be a profit maker in itself but a service for something else that will make more money than any pool can.

And of coarse I can not answer about the pools profitability as I can not answer that about any of the other pools. I have not seen anyone question Slush, BTC Guild or the others if they are profitable or not?
kano
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:16:22 AM

Think about it.

However anyone that is not mentally challenged can read what  s0br posted over 3 months ago https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=722202.0  that the bonus was only temporary until the pool hit 5Th. I also don't remember him ever saying that the pool will never charge a fee?  But on that first page /post he made, it also says "This pool is intended to be a free service for a new company we're launching in the Fall and will be promoting soon. " so just maybe the pool is intented to not be a profit maker in itself but a service for something else that will make more money than any pool can.

And of coarse I can not answer about the pools profitability as I can not answer that about any of the other pools. I have not seen anyone question Slush, BTC Guild or the others if they are profitable or not?
You don't need to question Slush or BTC Guild - unless you are mathematically challenged - they already say how much of the pool income they keep - it's not 0% ... or -10% like BAN
You can even work out from their payout schemes what income will be, that you'd then have to remove running costs and 'other' costs but those aren't known.
Running costs and 'other' costs have to come from somewhere ...
I see on the 'new' thread there is listed 26 BAN servers ... wow that sounds like high running costs ...

So me being mentally challenged, I guess this 'new' thread below is just him spamming the pools forum making multiple pool threads so I can ask one of the mods to delete it and merge it back into that other thread that I've only posted in once coz someone linked my cgminer S1 binary release in there?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=854368.0

aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 11:52:30 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2014, 12:18:03 PM by aurel57

Think about it.

You don't need to question Slush or BTC Guild - unless you are mathematically challenged - they already say how much of the pool income they keep - it's not 0% ... or -10% like BAN
You can even work out from their payout schemes what income will be, that you'd then have to remove running costs and 'other' costs but those aren't known.
Running costs and 'other' costs have to come from somewhere ...
I see on the 'new' thread there is listed 26 BAN servers ... wow that sounds like high running costs ...

So me being mentally challenged, I guess this 'new' thread below is just him spamming the pools forum making multiple pool threads so I can ask one of the mods to delete it and merge it back into that other thread that I've only posted in once coz someone linked my cgminer S1 binary release in there?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=854368.0
As hard as it maybe for some here to understand, sometimes a persons success is not measured in dollars and just maybe not everyone is trying to earn a living off their mining pool. As far as asking the mods to do much, the forums seem to have a different standard depending on who you are or which mod you talk to. I don't see the new thread as spamming as the other thread is locked but you do what ever you think needs to be done. There are plenty of scam accusations posted on BAN's thread by someone that already has his own scam thread for him and the lynch mob to post in but I guess it's ok to harass and make false accusations and the mods just let it go on even tho it's off topic for the thread.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 09:01:28 AM

I'm mining there and payouts are pretty regular and above what I would earn on average from slush's and ghash.io pools so very happy, long may it last Smiley
fire000

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 10:03:55 AM

Think about it.

Just something for the p2 pool trolls to think about Smiley   loves to know why the p2 pool payouts are over 40 percent down on a rigs expected earn Smiley

Just something interesting for the p2 trolls that float by has done a 11 day test here BAN vs P2 pool

And well the results speak for themselves.....

Mining on 820 gh on both pools

The p2 pool paid out a grand total of   0.06576185  for 11 days so the div by 11 = 0.00597835 btc a day on avg
The mining was done on the following BTC address 14hK4PKZyisS5HECapW9jmmUfuMRt4D9o3 and all payouts from the 5th to the 16th can be traced back through the block chain to P2 blocks etc.    The mining rig was parked on the following node and still is atm http://203.219.14.204:9332  But after this little test it will NOT be on the P2 network for much longer as the earnings were down by over 40 percent on the rigs expected earn Smiley  With this I can go back even further with the data to the 30 oct when I 1st hit the p2 pool and it even worst the payout numbers as the rig got through it 1st couple days to charge up the PPLNS.. (so 16 days worth of data)

BAN paid 0.125996332 for the 11 days an avg of 0.011454212 a day

the expected earn for 820 g is 0.01041292 btc a day

I think results speak for themselves and the P2 users may want to look very close at their payouts and compare them to other pools before shooting off in other pools threads in future and make sure their own pool backyard is paying users out correct to their expected rigs earnings before shooting off and NOT 40 percent DOWN on it Smiley   As this was a very surprising result to see how far off the actual payout VS the expected was OUT

Just for people that do not know P2 uses a PPLNS payout plan for payments

Have fun trolls explaining how the p2 pool payouts balance out over time as this was no means a short test...  Smiley and here are these clowns trying to label BAN a scam lol...    I would say a pool that paying 40 percent lower than a rigs expected earn is a scam Smiley  As and be highlighted by some research on the above btc address and node and the P2 pool block hits Smiley
DrHaribo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 10:51:49 AM

11 days is an incredibly short test.

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-
fire000

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 12:08:37 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2014, 12:26:34 PM by fire000

It gets worst the numbers if I had looked at the whole 16 days the rig been parked there (close to 3 weeks) as the test rig hit the p2pool from the 30th of oct on the above btc address ...   it would be about 45 percent down at a guess with out adding the numbers up <<<<   I was kind to them and allow the 1 st 5 days as days to build up the PPLNS side...

I have to say the test results even shocked me as I was NOT expecting the payouts to be that low 5-10 percent yes and you could put that down to luck etc but been 45-50 percent down there something majorly flawed in the P2 system and it payouts and share system to be seeing results where a rig is earning about 50-55 percent of it expected earn
kano
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 12:35:42 PM

It gets worst the numbers if I had looked at the whole 16 days the rig been parked there (close to 3 weeks) as the test rig hit the p2pool from the 30th of oct on the above btc address ...   it would be about 45 percent down at a guess with out adding the numbers up <<<<   I was kind to them and allow the 1 st 5 days as days to build up the PPLNS side
No, you actually didn't compare them correctly.
You have to take into consideration way more than just how much BTC you made.

Again, if it was compared to my pool over the last 10 days, no other pool could beat it.
Does that mean anything?
Yes, it means the luck on a non PPS pool has to be taken into account correctly - completely ignoring it is ignorance of what you are doing and means your results are meaningless.
The results are effectively a lie because they imply something that is false.
They imply that someone should expect a result that doesn't match the true expected result.
It's actually a complete failure of understanding the statistics that determine the true expected payout that you expect to average.

Did you also take into consideration that the payout received on a PPLNS pool may continue after you stop mining?
On PPS it stops. On PPLNS it depends on the N and the luck.
On DGM it also continues after you stop mining.

fire000

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 12:46:40 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2014, 01:16:08 PM by fire000

It gets worst the numbers if I had looked at the whole 16 days the rig been parked there (close to 3 weeks) as the test rig hit the p2pool from the 30th of oct on the above btc address ...   it would be about 45 percent down at a guess with out adding the numbers up <<<<   I was kind to them and allow the 1 st 5 days as days to build up the PPLNS side
No, you actually didn't compare them correctly.
You have to take into consideration way more than just how much BTC you made.

Again, if it was compared to my pool over the last 10 days, no other pool could beat it.
Does that mean anything?
Yes, it means the luck on a non PPS pool has to be taken into account correctly - completely ignoring it is ignorance of what you are doing and means your results are meaningless.
The results are effectively a lie because they imply something that is false.
They imply that someone should expect a result that doesn't match the true expected result.
It's actually a complete failure of understanding the statistics that determine the true expected payout that you expect to average.

Did you also take into consideration that the payout received on a PPLNS pool may continue after you stop mining?
On PPS it stops. On PPLNS it depends on the N and the luck.
On DGM it also continues after you stop mining.

Yes I have factored all the above in there NO WAY if I stop now on P2 it would NOT recover the 45-50 percent the rig down after mining on there for 16 days .....   ON a pplns plan that is over a DAY as the payouts would continue for only 1 day or till their 4000 odd shares are hit Smiley   There is no way that would recover the 40-45 percent the rig down maybe 5- 10 yes but NOT 40-45 percent

Also how long does a test need to be as MOST other pools are in and around that 100 percent mark (expected rigs earn) within a week (+/- 10 percent for block luck)....    NOT 40-45 percent down after nearly 3 weeks of testing ....    You can park on any pool with around 2ph plus hash rate  and NOT have the results that have shown here in this p2 pool test which is sitting on 4 ph ...   weather it ghash slush yours btc guild bitminer etc   AS ABOVE this result even surprised me here with this p2 test
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 03:38:25 PM

It seems to me a person would not want to do testing between pools from one difficulty change to another as it would not be a fair comparison.
cathoderay

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

Welcome to dogietalk.bs

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 11:13:47 PM

LULZ @ the BAN shill fire000.......

They must be getting desperate to resurrect that account:  Cheesy Cheesy

Just an update on this thread the matter is in the hands of lawyers.....

damn, just read the thread, thats some fuked up giveaway.

It is isn't it? Here's someone else who thought it was too:

This was left on one of the BAN shills profiles due to his constant postings here. Notice the "a pretty obvious scam" bit........but I'm sure ThePhaker & his aliases will pretend they didn't see it & carry on posting pretty schoolgirl ponies thinking their 10 year old humor will magically change something........ Roll Eyes

It's sad & embarrassing.

okay gmaxwell   have the papers been severed on ya yet Huh   Ps people watch how quick a few shut up in the next few days Wink

What a joke you are.

Words can't describe how stupid this man is.
'nuff said

LULZ @ fire000.....far too many mind altering drugs for you  Cheesy Cheesy

So, did your Lawyers serve those papers? How's it working out for you?  Cheesy Cheesy

Nut job.

Have you been a victim of dogie insults, neg-rep'd for no reason or been falsely accused by him? If so, air your experiences here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.0
Avoid manipulative Exchanges - Localbitcoins.com
MrGreenHat

Activity: 173
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 11:41:48 PM

LOL @ fire000. You are 100%, certifiably crazy. I don't think ANYONE on this forum would possibly dispute that. I truly feel sorry for you, and I hope you aren't older than 12 or 13.
fire000

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:01:35 AM

LULZ @ the BAN shill fire000.......

They must be getting desperate to resurrect that account:  Cheesy Cheesy

Just an update on this thread the matter is in the hands of lawyers.....

damn, just read the thread, thats some fuked up giveaway.

It is isn't it? Here's someone else who thought it was too:

This was left on one of the BAN shills profiles due to his constant postings here. Notice the "a pretty obvious scam" bit........but I'm sure ThePhaker & his aliases will pretend they didn't see it & carry on posting pretty schoolgirl ponies thinking their 10 year old humor will magically change something........ Roll Eyes

It's sad & embarrassing.

okay gmaxwell   have the papers been severed on ya yet Huh   Ps people watch how quick a few shut up in the next few days Wink

What a joke you are.

Words can't describe how stupid this man is.
'nuff said

LULZ @ fire000.....far too many mind altering drugs for you  Cheesy Cheesy

So, did your Lawyers serve those papers? How's it working out for you?  Cheesy Cheesy

Nut job.

Oh I see one of the p2 trolls popped in the payouts are pretty damning when EVERY OTHER BTC POOL IS MURDERING the payouts from the P2 pool...   Ps up to day 17 and well the rigs are down to 50 percent of their expected earn will leave them there for another 13 days to pull a full month of data BUT can not see it doing A MAJOR BACKFLIP IN them 13 days to get the rigs in and around their expected earn for the 30 days....    ATM I am guess it will be down at lower then 50 percent of their earn.....    GREAT LOOK for these p2 trolls going around slamming other pools and and plugging the p2 pool to people when it paying at less than 50 percent of a rigs expected earn....    

Been saying for months the P2 pool system is stuffed in it set up and the data is quite clearly show this...   And the way it scamming it users as the payout numbers and data show quite clear....     It there in black and white and the data trail getting longer with each day Smiley
.....Really?

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 10:44:36 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 01:23:07 AM by ckolivas

Oh I see one of the p2 trolls popped in the payouts are pretty damning when EVERY OTHER BTC POOL IS MURDERING the payouts from the P2 pool...   Ps up to day 17 and well the rigs are down to 50 percent of their expected earn will leave them there for another 13 days to pull a full month of data BUT can not see it doing A MAJOR BACKFLIP IN them 13 days to get the rigs in and around their expected earn for the 30 days....    ATM I am guess it will be down at lower then 50 percent of their earn.....    GREAT LOOK for these p2 trolls going around slamming other pools and and plugging the p2 pool to people when it paying at less than 50 percent of a rigs expected earn....    

Been saying for months the P2 pool system is stuffed in it set up and the data is quite clearly show this...   And the way it scamming it users as the payout numbers and data show quite clear....     It there in black and white and the data trail getting longer with each day Smiley

Ah yes, King BAN Troll fire000.....your morbid fixation with p2pool continues I see  Roll Eyes. How is your scam accusation going against the p2pool network? Did your imaginary Lawyer serve papers on them as well yet? Or are you too busy with the UN Human Rights panel organising a peace keeping force....... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

@ s0br of BAN: Stop being a chicken sh*t & answer the questions like you keep saying you will, or stay the proven scammer you are!! s0br/BAN scam thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782765.0
fire000

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:20:06 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 01:23:21 AM by ckolivas

Ah yes, King BAN Troll fire000.....your morbid fixation with p2pool continues I see  Roll Eyes. How is your scam accusation going against the p2pool network? Did your imaginary Lawyer serve papers on them as well yet? Or are you too busy with the UN Human Rights panel organising a peace keeping force....... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

LOL I think data and numbers speak for themsleves here on the p2pool   Lets see up to day 18 now and it NOW RUNNING AT LESS THAN 50 percent the rigs EXPECTED EARN I would call that a scam wouldn't you that a pool is paying out 50 percent under a rigs expected earn OR a majorally flawed payout system which is the case in the P2 set up Smiley....    And each passing day the numbers are getting worst Smiley   and the numbers and data just keeps getting longer and longer on the above BTC address and node etc....   BUT then again you would not KNOW what facts and data are given your track record of baseless FUD Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: