Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 04:03:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: YouTube Video: Bitcoin Mining: Three Months Later  (Read 4846 times)
darvil

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 04:58:44 AM

Hey casascius

You mentioned you still solo right?  How much are you still able to make.  Are you close to the point where you will join a pool?

I have about 3.5k mhash and I'm in a pool right now.  Was wondering how viable it would be to solo.
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2011, 06:32:42 AM

Hey casascius

You mentioned you still solo right?  How much are you still able to make.  Are you close to the point where you will join a pool?

I have about 3.5k mhash and I'm in a pool right now.  Was wondering how viable it would be to solo.
I will probably never join a pool.  The difference is insignificant for me.  My miners just got a block within the last hour.  It's less frequent, but I still get blocks perhaps slightly better than every other day it seems.  Difficulty calculator says I should get a block every 31 hours at current difficulty (157426).

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
darvil

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 08:17:20 AM

How many Mhashes do you have?  Was it 8K? I think I remember that from the video.

Do you just let them solo all together? nothing fancy right?

Although at my rate I don't think I can actually solo effectively.

I'd be in the 60+ hours compared to you.. if what you have is 8K
Trini8ed

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

<3 Bitcoins

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 08:30:36 AM

Hey casascius

I will probably never join a pool.  The difference is insignificant for me.  My miners just got a block within the last hour.  It's less frequent, but I still get blocks perhaps slightly better than every other day it seems.  Difficulty calculator says I should get a block every 31 hours at current difficulty (157426).

Where do you get the current difficulties? also I am going to start up a farm already have 3 5870's! Gonna get a nice farm up and going but tbh I realize if I spend money on a farm I can sell the cards and come out even if it doesn't work out because its not like once you buy the hardware it becomes worthless :3 Thinking of getting a cheap p4 and a cheap p45 board and sticking 2 5970's in it!

Everyone Loves Donations: 1PEVhtmnBqiN8rYXLHhtUWAB6q9X63Zm9D
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Trini8ed
zimpixa

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 09:51:35 AM

If those rigs standing in your kitchen... Where the hell are u preparing your meals?

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
REF

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 11:47:43 PM

hey i was just wondering what MoBo and CPU are you using in your rigs?
Binford 6100

Activity: 504

PGP OTC WOT: EB7FCE3D

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 01:24:35 AM

MtGox is operated from Japan.

isn't it ironic that the biggest exchange of a crypto commodity that's created basically by massive electricity consumption is operated from a country plagued by the biggest nuclear meltdown in a power-plant known to mankind so far.

btw i liked your video : )

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.
1bitc0inplz

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 01:28:15 AM

If those rigs standing in your kitchen... Where the hell are u preparing your meals?

I wonder the same thing...

Mine @ http://pool.bitp.it - No fees, virtually 0 stales, what's not to love!
Chat with us @ #bitp.it on irc.freenode.net
Learn more about our pool @ http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=12181.0
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 01:30:10 AM

I think he can now afford to dine at the restaurant  Grin 
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile