Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 01:51:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Feathercoin 0.8.7.0 Released - The NeoScrypt Update - Hardfork block 432,000  (Read 45050 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 10:08:16 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2014, 12:53:57 PM by Conqueror

We just reached 20 000 total members at http://forum.feathercoin.com/

So we prepared nice surprise for Mr. 20.000.
350FTC Smiley
https://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?/topic/7392-giveway-1kftc-10ftc-10pxc-each-starting-now/?p=68434

EDIT:
+ there is still 11 seats on spaceship 2 avaliable!
Ship 1 is in the process of making print design as you read this Wink

https://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?/topic/7458-send-ftc-to-the-moon-350ftc-each-20-positions/?p=64231
ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:43:47 PM

What is power consumption like using gpus? High like scrypt, low like x11, or somewhere in between?

For me its 550W for 3x R9 280x at 100kh/s each. so its little higher than x11 but way lower than scrypt.

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:34:38 PM

So PXC, FTC, UFO, ORB

+ noticed two other joining
Imperialcoin

and Guncoin
http://guncoin.info/guncoin-neoscrypt-algorithm-fork/
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:59:13 AM

We just reached 20 000 total members at http://forum.feathercoin.com/

So we prepared nice surprise for Mr. 20.000.
350FTC Smiley
https://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?/topic/7392-giveway-1kftc-10ftc-10pxc-each-starting-now/?p=68434

EDIT:
+ there is still 11 seats on spaceship 2 avaliable!
Ship 1 is in the process of making print design as you read this Wink

https://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?/topic/7458-send-ftc-to-the-moon-350ftc-each-20-positions/?p=64231

20,000 members means nothing if more than half of those accounts are nothing but spam accounts.

You should do your research and ask the admin of the forum how many of those accounts have not been used in the past 3, 6, and 12 months.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

tmuir12

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 03:55:10 AM

Gee Smoothie is that the best complaint you can come up with today.
A number of the FTC community decided to put FTC into a pot for the first non spammer that joined once the member count went over 20,000.

But rather than congratulate them for their generosity and the community spirit they are fostering at FTC you fuss on whether the member count is accurate or not.

No mater, hardfork is in just over 6 days time (give or take a few hours), we will then be free from this generation of ASICS, and hopefully from them for a while, and FTC will be returned to the smaller miners, not locked into large data-centres.

If you would like to follow the countdown to NeoScrypt you can follow it with my twitter bot

https://twitter.com/FTC_countdown

No need for LTC to thank FTC for us helping to secure your blockchain by passing over the ASICS mining FTC back to LTC and other Scrypt coins.
If LTC ever decides to move forward and away from Scrypt I'm sure FTC will be more than happy to help, and we will do it without all this pettiness I see from LTC.

Have a nice day.  Smiley

FeatherCoin - 6p4gdv9S5YfHznfqxXmdMKEZyGbX9oyphe
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:03:00 AM

A number of the FTC community decided to put FTC into a pot for the first non spammer that joined once the member count went over 20,000.

But rather than congratulate them for their generosity and the community spirit they are fostering at FTC you fuss on whether the member count is accurate or not.

No mater, hardfork is in just over 6 days time (give or take a few hours), we will then be free from this generation of ASICS, and hopefully from them for a while, and FTC will be returned to the smaller miners, not locked into large data-centres.

If you would like to follow the countdown to NeoScrypt you can follow it with my twitter bot

No need for LTC to thank FTC for us helping to secure your blockchain by passing over the ASICS mining FTC back to LTC and other Scrypt coins.
If LTC ever decides to move forward and away from Scrypt I'm sure FTC will be more than happy to help, and we will do it without all this pettiness I see from LTC.

Have a nice day.  Smiley

Nope it isn't my biggest problem with FTC.

Please consider that FTC has changed the protocol of Feathercoin too many times and took waaay too long to change the important parts about its mining algorithm.

In the first few months of FTC's launch the alert system was still linked to Litecoin's network. Bushstar basically copy and pasted the Litecoin source and did not make any meaningful changes to the code.

So no it isn't my biggest complaint. Although those 20,000 user stats are not true as most of those users are likely not active users and just spam accounts.

I'm not saying that the people backing FTC are bad people. What I am saying is that their developments are too few too late. The market has moved on from FTC and its "developments".

Let me be clear and say that this "pettiness" is from me purely and not from LTC.

Why should anyone thank the Feathercoin community for "passing over" the asics mining FTC back to LTC?

Remember now, if Feathercoin did not change its mining algorithm from scrypt it would either get killed and 51% attacked or FTC would be forced to merge mine with LTC as doge has.

So no there is no thanks there lol. Please try harder to make your points while grasping at straws.  Grin Grin Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:15:53 AM

Have a nice day.  Smiley

Nope it isn't my biggest problem with FTC.

Please consider that FTC has changed the protocol of Feathercoin too many times and took waaay too long to change the important parts about its mining algorithm.

In the first few months of FTC's launch the alert system was still linked to Litecoin's network. Bushstar basically copy and pasted the Litecoin source and did not make any meaningful changes to the code.

So no it isn't my biggest complaint. Although those 20,000 user stats are not true as most of those users are likely not active users and just spam accounts.

I'm not saying that the people backing FTC are bad people. What I am saying is that their developments are too few too late. The market has moved on from FTC and its "developments".

Let me be clear and say that this "pettiness" is from me purely and not from LTC.

Why should anyone thank the Feathercoin community for "passing over" the asics mining FTC back to LTC?

Remember now, if Feathercoin did not change its mining algorithm from scrypt it would either get killed and 51% attacked or FTC would be forced to merge mine with LTC as doge has.

So no there is no thanks there lol. Please try harder to make your points while grasping at straws.  Grin Grin Grin

Smoothie is back! Best FTC thread bumper ever Smiley
So how many accounts on LTC forum are inactive or spam accounts?
tmuir12

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:33:21 AM

In Australia we have a bird called a galah, you can teach it to say fairly complicated phrases, which they will then repeat over and over again, a bit like the same complaints that came from the LTC camp.
I'm sure we can arrange to have a few trained up to repeat the same tired complaints which once they have been taught will never change what they say, again a bit like some people from the LTC camp
For the record I do know the early history of FTC.
I didn't play an active roll in FTC until fairly recently but was mining FTC within a month of it launching, so heard many of the complaints back then that I'll I'm still hearing now.
Those complaints back then didn't see me want to swap to LTC and I still don't now.

I see that today the ASIc mining power on FTC is 140 GH/s, true well below what LTC has, but I wonder how much it would cost someone to find 141GH/s to 51% attach it, would it be worth it really to do so?

But Conqueror is correct, thanks Smoothie for keeping this thread at the top, and I apologise to the bulk of the LTC supporters, as Smoothie has admitted that the pettiness is solely his and has nothing to do with LTC.

ChekaZ
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 04:24:28 PM

Litecoin doesnt do anything, why would they even need Members Cheesy

Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:05:27 PM

Litecoin doesnt do anything, why would they even need Members Cheesy

I looked and they have 20k members also.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 12:45:25 AM

I see that today the ASIc mining power on FTC is 140 GH/s, true well below what LTC has, but I wonder how much it would cost someone to find 141GH/s to 51% attach it, would it be worth it really to do so?

So your rebuttal to Smoothie is basically saying FTC will be way more vulnerable after the hardfork  Shocked
ChekaZ
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 07:15:26 AM

So your rebuttal to Smoothie is basically saying FTC will be way more vulnerable after the hardfork  Shocked

No he isnt. He ist just saying that we are not scared about any 51% attack right now. And that it isnt the only reason that we fear such an attack for our Hardfork.

pehoko

Activity: 232

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 12:22:30 PM

Sooner or later asics will be able to mine neoscrypt, x11, x13 ... x666 so my videocards are going in history. As all old miners I am tied to work for nothing or for few cents, I am going off.
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 01:20:22 PM

Sooner or later asics will be able to mine neoscrypt, x11, x13 ... x666 so my videocards are going in history. As all old miners I am tied to work for nothing or for few cents, I am going off.

Nope, to make development of ASICS viable for Neoscrypt then  FTC have to cost 5USD or something like that. Now we are at 4 cents.
guugll

Activity: 190

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 01:36:06 PM

great work guys, now we are ASIC resistant and almost on the moon  Smiley

announced on this web:

http://www.guugll.eu/feathercoin-0-8-7-0-neosrypt-update/

BTC-Ninja

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:52:29 PM

Cool I've been waiting for something good to point my miners at. Smiley
tmuir12

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:06:17 AM

Hardfork is looking to happen around the 26th now, not the 24th due to all the ASICS trying to mine their last few FTC before we hardfork pushing the difficulty up through the roof.

To keep up to date with the countdown you can follow it on twitter as it is counted down by my countdown bot

Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:21:08 PM

Hardfork is looking to happen around the 26th now, not the 24th due to all the ASICS trying to mine their last few FTC before we hardfork pushing the difficulty up through the roof.

To keep up to date with the countdown you can follow it on twitter as it is counted down by my countdown bot

Actulay, this is good news for me as I have more time to set up my rig.
Let me talk completely raw. I was not mining with my GPU's like half year.
Guess why? Yes, low profitability (thanks ASICS!)

I know ASICS are evolution, but only rich can really catch up with this game.
For normal middle class user is almost impossible to reach hardware break even.
In fact what he gets is money loss and nice piece of hardware with no other use than
being an exhibit in the museum one day.
So the network control is focused in rich guys ASIC farms and monster pools.

I guess thats not exactly what Satoshi's plan was. Mining with CPU/GPU for fun and small profit
seems much better idea to me. In fact when you stop your hardware is still usefull for other things.
But most importantly it is possible to have more decentralized network with this solution.

I guess there is more people like me, with their GPUs not mining anymore.
Well folks, remove the dust and plug them in again.
Neoscrypt is here Smiley
tmuir12

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:31:31 PM

I like the fact that whilst I'm surfing the web on my PC, it can also be mining offsetting my electricity cost.

vlad12

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:10:05 PM

Any info on existing pools which will be ready for neosrypt on switch day?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: