Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:51:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp does not let me withdraw  (Read 2106 times)
Impros88 (OP)

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 10:30:38 AM

I tried to withdraw all my 10 btc but transaction was refused. Why?  There is even the email confirmation and I used it. I don't understand this. Help me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 10:45:14 AM

I tried to withdraw all my 10 btc but transaction was refused. Why?  There is even the email confirmation and I used it. I don't understand this. Help me.

Did you contact support?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Impros88 (OP)

Activity: 293

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:03:13 AM

not. can you give me the link?
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:06:19 AM

https://www.bitstamp.net/support/
You need to be logged in.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
TheMasterKey

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:50:33 PM

If you have email confirmation then it must be a bug/error in system which caused refusing transaction.

Contacting support should solve it.
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:06:24 PM

I dont understand why you thought we can help you here. Bitstamp is huge business. They should solve your problem in few minutes.
keber

Activity: 78

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:22:55 PM

You should contact their customer service,if  If necessary,and You need to publish the details here, or on Twitter or Facebook.

wangjin098

Activity: 238

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:32:01 PM

i withedraw a few days ago no problem,Recently, i don't withdrawal .so don't know the situation right now!It is best to first contact their customer servicer!

SkyValeey

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:37:24 PM

I tried to withdraw all my 10 btc but transaction was refused. Why?  There is even the email confirmation and I used it. I don't understand this. Help me.

Maybe you have 1 btc, not 10 btc?  Grin

Or maybe bitstamp is going to gox ppl?  Grin
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:43:23 PM

i withdraw every day from stamp. never a real issue. sometimes the email confirmation messes it up. just try again and contact customer support.

as far as a i know NO withdrawel problems with bitstamp are reported.

so calm down.
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:47:13 PM

When people encounter such kind of problems, they will be panic to look for any possible way to solve the problem. I thought OP has received his withdrawal. This is great community and every one here is keen to help.
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:16:20 PM

Be aware that it can sometimes take more than an hour before a withdrawal is sent as Bitstamp likes to bundle several transactions together to save on transaction fees.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:21:41 PM

Your title is misleading me, which made me think Bitstamp has some problems.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 03:50:52 PM

call the police....wait....mail to support first  Wink

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:50:06 AM

Haha, nice one.

Others already said all the important parts, I'll just summarize it one more time: The procedure on Bitstamp appears to be:

1) user withdrawal request,

leading to:

2) email confirmation,

leading to:

3) clearing of withdrawal. if withdrawn amount is "large", it might require manual clearing by Bitstamp employee, which can take a few hours, if amount
is small, clearing appears to be automatic.

followed by:

4) transaction going out, once enough withdrawals are collected (probably done so Bitstamp doesn't have to pay fees for each tiny transaction they send out)

By the looks of it, for some reason, the step between 1) and 2) got interrupted. Write to support (from within your account, i.e. when you're logged in), they should fix it in less than a day, unless there's some other problem (like, your account identification wasn't done properly).

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
600watt
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:01:32 AM

Haha, nice one.

Others already said all the important parts, I'll just summarize it one more time: The procedure on Bitstamp appears to be:

leading to:

2) email confirmation,

leading to:

3) clearing of withdrawal. if withdrawn amount is "large", it might require manual clearing by Bitstamp employee, which can take a few hours, if amount

followed by:

4) transaction going out, once enough withdrawals are collected (probably done so Bitstamp doesn't have to pay fees for each tiny transaction they send out)

By the looks of it, for some reason, the step between 1) and 2) got interrupted. Write to support (from within your account, i.e. when you're logged in), they should fix it in less than a day, unless there's some other problem (like, your account identification wasn't done properly).

my impression is that email confirmation has to be done from the same device that is used to visit bitstamps website. 
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:30:00 AM

Haha, nice one.

leading to:

2) email confirmation,

leading to:

followed by:

my impression is that email confirmation has to be done from the same device that is used to visit bitstamps website. 

That would make a lot of sense as a (slightly annoying, but not completely unreasonable) safe guard against someone else "confirming" a withdrawal.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
600watt
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:42:58 AM

Haha, nice one.

leading to:

2) email confirmation,

leading to:

followed by:

That would make a lot of sense as a (slightly annoying, but not completely unreasonable) safe guard against someone else "confirming" a withdrawal.

so it is a feature, not a bug.... Cheesy
l1za

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:09:18 PM

Can you contact support for that? Let us know about the updates.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 07:44:51 PM

Nice, the meltdown has begun.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: