Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:50:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Coinut.com - The only Bitcoin Options Exchange [beta]  (Read 34140 times)
wangxinxi (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

Founder & CEO of Coinut.com, Litecoin Core Dev

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 04:19:43 AM

Just reduced the number of strikes to 20.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 05:33:12 AM

The vanilla option margin problem should have been fixed.

What changes did you make?

Lol ...

It's a surprise!

Guys, there is no surprise. It's still
Option Price + 0.01*Maximum ((40% * Underlying Price - Out of the Money Amount), (20% * Underlying Price))
Originally, the sign of Out of the money amount is wrong. We just fixed it.

Well I'm glad you got that fixed.

You think that is enough strikes for the 30 minute binary option?

For everything else I think its a good change.  Usually it centers where you want it to be when you log in but not always.  This probably makes the user experience a lot better.
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 05:57:28 AM

The vanilla option margin problem should have been fixed.

What changes did you make?

Lol ...

It's a surprise!

Guys, there is no surprise. It's still
Option Price + 0.01*Maximum ((40% * Underlying Price - Out of the Money Amount), (20% * Underlying Price))
Originally, the sign of Out of the money amount is wrong. We just fixed it.

Well I'm glad you got that fixed.

You think that is enough strikes for the 30 minute binary option?

For everything else I think its a good change.  Usually it centers where you want it to be when you log in but not always.  This probably makes the user experience a lot better.

Most of the time, there is only liquidity for 9 strike prices including the 30 minute binary options. So 20 should be quite enough. Later we may add customization so that you can choose 5, 10, 20, 40 etc.
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 07:18:52 AM

Just added a new function. You can download your history information now.
chriswen

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 10:49:41 PM

Someone's been doing quite a bit of retail trading on Coinut.  Some nice poisson distributions.
CoinutScam

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:33:41 PM

This website is a complete scam.  In addition to previously acting as the sole liquidity provider, changing the exchange calculations without notice, a stunning lack of transparency, and technical bugs costing traders money, the site now prevents users from closing out open positions.  Do not deposit any money whatsoever to this scam of a website.
CoinutScam

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 08:01:43 PM

Well I guess it does not matter since I am just an "ass clown", but I have made over 175% on my profile in 2 days, so I do not think my criticism comes from a place of bad intent.  The closing positions error occurs due to incorrect margin requirements, which the site has promised to fix.  Also, the API also stopped working today due to some SSL verification error, but since I am just an "ass clown", I guess my opinion does not matter at all.  Thanks for your constructive post Indamuck, no need to verify your facts before slinging baseless slander!
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 08:15:23 PM

Well I guess it does not matter ...

Welcome to my ignore list ass clown. Have a nice day.
CoinutScam

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 08:17:03 PM

I will! Thank you for the kind wishes  Smiley  Made over $250 trading on Coinut in the past 2 hours, so I'd say it is a great day so far
chriswen

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 11:46:25 PM

You know what, I actually thought the clown was you Indamuck because you were the only person complaining about all these things.

Sorry Smiley
Indamuck

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 06:44:19 AM

You know what, I actually thought the clown was you Indamuck because you were the only person complaining about all these things.

Sorry Smiley

Little secret for you Chris: I don't give a sh*t what you think of me. But thanks for sharing ...
CoinutScam

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:37:15 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2015, 07:32:28 PM by CoinutScam

I guess Indamuck is really grumpy all the time and curses to hide the apparent lack of any substantial vocabulary.  And clearly Indamuck cares what Chris thinks because Indamuck took the time to respond to the post.  If Indamuck really did not care, Indamuck would not have responded.  Also, API and position closing bugs are fixed, hooray!
chriswen

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 11:09:05 PM

I have a feature request. I want to be able to have a risk profile for all your options positions combined. So you could realize your profit at different points visualized.

To make that easier you might want to do that other suggestion that someone mentioned which was for consolidating different positions at the same strike together into one average price to make it a lot less easier visually.

So that'll simplify the calculation. And I think that visualization would be very useful.

Obviously different expiry dates will need separate risk profiles. But it'd be interesting if you could also combine the binary options if they expire at the same strike.

And this risk profile would probably be togglable so its not showing for people who don't want it.

Another reason I think this is useful is because options are quite a complex product and this'll help visualize them a bit and sort of inform them about these complex strategies they can use.

Oh and another thing is the complex margin calculation, what's the progress on that?

Also what is your thoughts on having a different initial margin and maintenance margin?
chriswen

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 11:43:09 PM

I also have a question. When you close positions do you still have to pay a fee?
chriswen

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:35:40 AM

I will! Thank you for the kind wishes  Smiley  Made over $250 trading on Coinut in the past 2 hours, so I'd say it is a great day so far

Nice! You doing it on 30 minute binaries? Most action over there.
Indamuck

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 02:43:27 AM

Suggestion for the binary options:

Instead of a flat .0002 trading fee, make it the lesser of .0002 and 20% of the contract price. Thus a contract that is bought/sold for .0009 would only charge a fee of 20%*.0009=.00018

And a contract that trades for .0002 would only cost a fee of .000040

This change will encourage bigger volumes on your lowest price contracts. Currently I see contracts quoted for prices that are less than the transaction cost, which makes little sense, unless of course your aim is to limit trading.
chriswen

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 04:18:08 AM

Instead of a flat .0002 trading fee, make it the lesser of .0002 and 20% of the contract price. Thus a contract that is bought/sold for .0009 would only charge a fee of 20%*.0009=.00018

This change will encourage bigger volumes on your lowest price contracts. Currently I see contracts quoted for prices that are less than the transaction cost, which makes little sense, unless of course your aim is to limit trading.

Yeah that sounds good. Yeah I think smaller fees would be good. But a 0.0002 fee for 50% contracts is actually completely reasonable on a binary options contract.

Smaller fees would allow trading on further out strikes while collecting the same amount of fees on the closer strikes so they're getting extra revenue.

Also is there a fee for closing positions? You don't have a fee for exercising so I think no fee on closing would be a good idea. And you already charged them a fee for opening the position.

So with your proposal of 0.0002 or 20%.  MIN(0.2*contract price, (1-contractprice)*0.2)

Equilibrium price is a contract price of 0.001, I think it's perfectly reasonable. It's won't be effecting your fees that much and it's causing more volume.

Actually I'd recommend a 15% fee because with both maker and taker 40% is quite a big portion.

And equilibrium price is still 0.0013333 so you shouldn't have a problem.

Or you could consider some sort of fee that's not equal.  So that the person who's risking more, 0.009 btc has a smaller fee and the person who's getting 10x doesn't get as much of a fee reduction. Because for them even though the fee is a big portion of the contract, it's a small amount of the reward they're getting. So it would be based on the reward you get.
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 05:03:43 AM

Yeah that sounds good. Yeah I think smaller fees would be good. But a 0.0002 fee for 50% contracts is actually completely reasonable on a binary options contract.

Smaller fees would allow trading on further out strikes while collecting the same amount of fees on the closer strikes so they're getting extra revenue.

Also is there a fee for closing positions? You don't have a fee for exercising so I think no fee on closing would be a good idea. And you already charged them a fee for opening the position.

So with your proposal of 0.0002 or 20%.  MIN(0.2*contract price, (1-contractprice)*0.2)

Equilibrium price is a contract price of 0.001, I think it's perfectly reasonable. It's won't be effecting your fees that much and it's causing more volume.

Actually I'd recommend a 15% fee because with both maker and taker 40% is quite a big portion.

And equilibrium price is still 0.0013333 so you shouldn't have a problem.

Or you could consider some sort of fee that's not equal.  So that the person who's risking more, 0.009 btc has a smaller fee and the person who's getting 10x doesn't get as much of a fee reduction. Because for them even though the fee is a big portion of the contract, it's a small amount of the reward they're getting. So it would be based on the reward you get.

Yeah, these are nice suggestions. Right now, there is no fee for either closing or exercising a position. We will definitely consider making it proportional to the price in the future. But it will require a little more research.
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 05:15:35 AM

Why don't you wear our signature campaign? I think you will gain some registrations and thus earn some commissions in additional to the campaign payment.
chriswen

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 05:35:31 AM

Yeah, you should also consider something similar for vanilla options too. The spread right now is actually just the fee.  It's actually a $1 fee.  So do your research. I don't want to hurt your business but smaller spreads on options should lead to more trading.  Also a smaller fee for far out of the money strikes would also be good. That way you could be able to trade those.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: