Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:35:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Coinut.com - The only Bitcoin Options Exchange [beta]  (Read 34140 times)
wangxinxi (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

Founder & CEO of Coinut.com, Litecoin Core Dev

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 11:00:59 PM

hi i transfer some btc to my account, but my balance still shows 0.0 after 30 minutes,
how much time it takes to process ? Thanks.

my account is ssstand

It usually takes about half an hour or a little longer to confirm. Your withdrawal arrived a few hours ago. Please check. In the future, you can use blockchain.info/address/{your deposit coinut address} to see the number of confirmations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinutScam

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 12:58:42 AM

Hi guys, sorry for the recent shortage of liquidity for some of the binary options. One of the market makers felt it was too risky due to the big fluctuations a few days ago. But now we have discussed with him and he just turned back, and he promised not to do so in the future and he is also improving the market making program to make it more robust. Anyways, we will try our best to find more and more good market makers for you guys to trade with.

BTW, for vanilla options, we will release straddle or strangle shortly, so you can directly short or long volatility. Stay tuned!

What exactly constitutes a "promise" from the market maker? Is there some sort of contract? Some penalty to the market maker for leaving? Or is it just the word of the market maker? Because in that case then you don't have a reliable market maker.
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 01:12:48 AM

Hi guys, sorry for the recent shortage of liquidity for some of the binary options. One of the market makers felt it was too risky due to the big fluctuations a few days ago. But now we have discussed with him and he just turned back, and he promised not to do so in the future and he is also improving the market making program to make it more robust. Anyways, we will try our best to find more and more good market makers for you guys to trade with.

BTW, for vanilla options, we will release straddle or strangle shortly, so you can directly short or long volatility. Stay tuned!

What exactly constitutes a "promise" from the market maker? Is there some sort of contract? Some penalty to the market maker for leaving? Or is it just the word of the market maker? Because in that case then you don't have a reliable market maker.

Yes, we have a contract. You requested to show how we calculate the price index. We will show you in realtime the ticks of the three exchanges and the calculated average together so you don't have to worry again.
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 01:36:36 AM

hi i transfer some btc to my account, but my balance still shows 0.0 after 30 minutes,

my account is ssstand

It usually takes about half an hour or a little longer to confirm. Your withdrawal arrived a few hours ago. Please check. In the future, you can use blockchain.info/address/{your deposit coinut address} to see the number of confirmations.

Some users seem to be unaware that many many blockchain transactions are taking MUCH longer than normal due to a recent software upgrade. SStand - check out Reddit/bitcoin for details .. From what I read these delays should be resolved in 2-3 days or so. That is the hope/expectation anyways.
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:59:13 AM

my account is ssstand

Some users seem to be unaware that many many blockchain transactions are taking MUCH longer than normal due to a recent software upgrade. SStand - check out Reddit/bitcoin for details .. From what I read these delays should be resolved in 2-3 days or so. That is the hope/expectation anyways.

With all this hashpower mining the wrong chain, there is probably going to be a significant difficulty retargeting.
ssstand

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:00:16 AM

I have got my deposited coin, thanks !

however i am new to the Binary options, i don't understand
why i bought various CALL and when it arrives the time the
price are upper than the strike price but i see my balance remains
the same, but i have seen this is the buying button

BTC/USD at the expiry time ≥ 266.75   0.01 BTC(payoff)   0.00500000 BTC (profit)

that means each amount i bought returns me 0.005 btc more,
however the balacne remains the same, is the correct ?

i am wonder what happens if i lose them on PUT options..
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 06:18:17 AM

BTC/USD at the expiry time ≥ 266.75   0.01 BTC(payoff)   0.00500000 BTC (profit)

You just submitted some orders. And the orders were not filled. You need to make sure the orders are filled. You can do so either buy using market orders or using limit orders with good prices.
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 06:19:33 AM

Hi guys, for some of you who wants to know our index better, we just prepared a page for you https://coinut.com/index. It has all exchanges' bid and ask prices that we use updated in realtime.
ssstand

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:59:01 AM

You just submitted some orders. And the orders were not filled. You need to make sure the orders are filled. You can do so either buy using market orders or using limit orders with good prices.

could you explain more detaily what do you mean with good prices ?
i have chosen already with "limit order" in the order type with 0.005 prices each amount
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 07:39:47 AM

i have chosen already with "limit order" in the order type with 0.005 prices each amount

Market orders are usually filled immediately, but the price totally depends on the current market condition. Limit orders let you control your price, but you may need to wait. To get immediate fill with limit orders, if you buy, make sure the price is high enough; if you sell, make sure the price is low enough. You can read the slides on the home page to get a detailed introduction on how to place orders.
Indamuck

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:36:45 PM

In order for you to BUY something, there must be someone willing to SELL it to you.

I can make offers all day to buy houses in my neighborhood for $10. Nobody will accept my offer, so I will never get 'filled.' Just because I made an offer, or multiple offers, does not mean I am entitled to a fill. I must find a willing seller at my price.

If you are trying to buy a contract and you see that the best offer is for .0075 btc, and you bid .0050, your bid will not get 'filled', at least initially. At that moment nobody is willing to sell at that low price. Once you've sent an order, ALWAYS follow up on whether your order was filled. If it wasn't filled, your order is still likely broadcast on the exchange and you might want to cancel it.
chriswen

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:36:04 PM

Just look at the market maker's orders. Fill one of those. I just do a limit order for that price. I usually will get a fill, but if the price moves I'm okay with that too.
ssstand

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:18:19 PM

In order for you to BUY something, there must be someone willing to SELL it to you.

I can make offers all day to buy houses in my neighborhood for $10. Nobody will accept my offer, so I will never get 'filled.' Just because I made an offer, or multiple offers, does not mean I am entitled to a fill. I must find a willing seller at my price.

If you are trying to buy a contract and you see that the best offer is for .0075 btc, and you bid .0050, your bid will not get 'filled', at least initially. At that moment nobody is willing to sell at that low price. Once you've sent an order, ALWAYS follow up on whether your order was filled. If it wasn't filled, your order is still likely broadcast on the exchange and you might want to cancel it.

i found this metaphor very helpful, thanks !
CoinutScam

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 08:22:55 PM

Would be awesome if you had a chart page showing your price index over time
chriswen

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 11:17:48 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2015, 11:43:18 PM by chriswen

Woah you're adding yearly Vanilla options!!

EDIT: (or 6 months)

EDIT2: Fill my orders please

EDIT3: Indamuck you were asking for LEAPs right?
chriswen

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 11:34:35 PM

Also this site wants to compete with you. They're planning to launch a US based options platform (but nothing right now).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41hCIYNS5mI

Also they plan to do American options.
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 12:52:11 AM

Also this site wants to compete with you. They're planning to launch a US based options platform (but nothing right now).

You are pretty quick! Those options expire every 180 days.
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 01:03:41 AM

Welcome Grin
Indamuck

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:35:04 AM

Awesome. Actually I withdrew all my balance several days ago to trade futures given the recent volatility. Time to log back in and have a look.
chriswen

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:46:42 AM

Awesome. Actually I withdrew all my balance several days ago to trade futures given the recent volatility. Time to log back in and have a look.

Yeah futures volatility is awesome.

I have a balance on bitmex (quanto futures), okcoin (20x) , and coinut (binary options and vanilla options).

Anyways I don't really go all in anyways. And all the products are a bit different.

Also Binary Leaps available now too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: