Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:42:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jail or Hell? Confess of my life.  (Read 2999 times)
l1za

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 04:24:26 PM

Wow.. Is this true? Maybe we can follow your trial.. You can pm me your name.
(not joking)
cookiemonsterwhat

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 04:38:39 PM

Choose hell, because most of us dont know what the other side exists anyways.

And if it does, a good majority of people will be there so it`ll be a party!! lol.
meccaflare0

Activity: 336

Do the thing and you'll have the power.

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 04:45:32 AM

Am I not understanding the post properly? You made an app that spies on people, presumably without their permission? This is a serious charge, especially since people store so much sensitive and personal information on their phones these days. But the lawyers are telling you that you're facing 36 years? That doesn't sound like it matches the crime, so are we missing some important details here?

Also, everyone is telling you to run or whatever. How about if you broke the law and violated people's privacy, you man up and accept the consequence of your actions? I'm not sure what good confessing on a forum anonymously does. If you were sorry, you would apologize to your victims and the judge and accept responsibility for the wrongs you have committed and the people you violated.

You would rather spend half your life locked away then hide from the truth? If he was a fucking serial killer that's 1 thing but spying on someone and running from the feds isn't something that will traumatize you for the rest of your life, atleast more than being in jail would.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. He victimized people. He should go to prison. This isn't the government unreasonably overreaching and imprisoning someone cuz they're evil thugs. This is the government fulfilling one of its legitimate functions and protecting the people he made victims through his unjustified invasions of privacy. 36 years for coding a spy app doesn't sound like the full story though. I wouldn't be surprised if he's left out some other crimes related to this incident in his "confession"/cry for sympathy.

Ok lets say he is the one who created this "spy app"
Was he storing the "hacked" data for personal gain?
Or did he just create a tool for others to do that.
Is he responsible for the actions of the others who used his app?

If I make a knife and you kill someone. Am I responsible?
If I make a spy app and you spy? Am I responsible?

The government actively spies on you and me.
How dare you beat them at their game and make the tools they have, readily available to the public.
I say we should let the floodgates out. The government should not be responsible for protecting your private data.
You should be. It's very possible to take your privacy in your own hands. We have many tools at our disposal.

Just food for thought.
mkc

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:40:54 AM

Don't be too hard to yourself. Post your experience in change.org, asking for leniency from the judge or free from prison, I will vote for you. Since you are a bright kid, your chance is good.
Jej (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:47:21 AM

First of all- Do Not Kill Yourself over this. I have done time myself, and at one point in time was facing up to 51 years. At that point in my life I contemplated suicide myself rather than snitching on somebody above me. But I didn't end up doing either of those options, and today I'm so thankful that I did not actually go through with that myself.

Second- What country are you located in? I think that will make a big difference in whether or not you will have a fair chance at fighting this in court.
You will obviously be wanting to hire a good lawyer(s), though do not rush into that. The way you worded it it honestly sounds like yourself "hacking" into 45,000 Google Play accounts was not really intentional, especially because you said you used your government ID + name on it. I think you and your lawyer will really want to focus on showing that there was no malicious intent when it came to accessing users' accounts, and that you happened to stumble into them only while researching technology/programming to aid you in developing apps. I would Definitely avoid the use of the word "Spy" in the courtroom when describing the app you were working on; pretty much any other word than "Spy" would sound much better for you. You could say that your app being developed was for parents to keep track of their children for safety purposes, all sorts of uses like that could be thought up.

Also- take any advice given by members of this forum with a grain of salt. If you are still considering something crazy like suicide, please PM me and I will try to help you out with this as much as I can. You can PM from your real account or this one, I will not spread your private issues.

Good luck,
and Keep Your Head Up,
snarlpill

Thank you for all your good words and advice, I'll definitely do what you said, as I said I hadn't bad intention never. Also I'll send a pm to tell you my country. Thanks again.

Am I not understanding the post properly? You made an app that spies on people, presumably without their permission? This is a serious charge, especially since people store so much sensitive and personal information on their phones these days. But the lawyers are telling you that you're facing 36 years? That doesn't sound like it matches the crime, so are we missing some important details here?

Also, everyone is telling you to run or whatever. How about if you broke the law and violated people's privacy, you man up and accept the consequence of your actions? I'm not sure what good confessing on a forum anonymously does. If you were sorry, you would apologize to your victims and the judge and accept responsibility for the wrongs you have committed and the people you violated.

I've made that app and push a beta version of it to Google Play. After 1 days I deleted them because I want to see if it's working. I saw 100-200 downloads and a lot of error report, so I didn't even continue to project. After a month happened the police stuff.

Also thanks to everyone who suggests idea. I don't think people will donate/tip a "hacker, guilty", but it worth try.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:57:39 AM

We had a thread about Bangladesh throwing people into prison for 12 years over trading BTC (even 0.01 will send you in).  Remember it's Bangladesh - nobody is going to make it for 12 years in their prison.   They throw you in prison in many countries to die and they either forget to feed you, beat you to death (or the other prisoners beat you to death) or you get some disease.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:09:55 AM

Holy crap man, this sucks beyond words! Try to get through it!
meccaflare0

Activity: 336

Do the thing and you'll have the power.

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 04:19:03 PM

First of all- Do Not Kill Yourself over this. I have done time myself, and at one point in time was facing up to 51 years. At that point in my life I contemplated suicide myself rather than snitching on somebody above me. But I didn't end up doing either of those options, and today I'm so thankful that I did not actually go through with that myself.

Second- What country are you located in? I think that will make a big difference in whether or not you will have a fair chance at fighting this in court.
You will obviously be wanting to hire a good lawyer(s), though do not rush into that. The way you worded it it honestly sounds like yourself "hacking" into 45,000 Google Play accounts was not really intentional, especially because you said you used your government ID + name on it. I think you and your lawyer will really want to focus on showing that there was no malicious intent when it came to accessing users' accounts, and that you happened to stumble into them only while researching technology/programming to aid you in developing apps. I would Definitely avoid the use of the word "Spy" in the courtroom when describing the app you were working on; pretty much any other word than "Spy" would sound much better for you. You could say that your app being developed was for parents to keep track of their children for safety purposes, all sorts of uses like that could be thought up.

Also- take any advice given by members of this forum with a grain of salt. If you are still considering something crazy like suicide, please PM me and I will try to help you out with this as much as I can. You can PM from your real account or this one, I will not spread your private issues.

Good luck,
and Keep Your Head Up,
snarlpill

Thank you for all your good words and advice, I'll definitely do what you said, as I said I hadn't bad intention never. Also I'll send a pm to tell you my country. Thanks again.

I've made that app and push a beta version of it to Google Play. After 1 days I deleted them because I want to see if it's working. I saw 100-200 downloads and a lot of error report, so I didn't even continue to project. After a month happened the police stuff.

Also thanks to everyone who suggests idea. I don't think people will donate/tip a "hacker, guilty", but it worth try.
PM me maybe I can help you
My Name Was Taken

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 04:56:59 PM

I'd like to point out that at the time I made my posts, I was under the (probably mistaken) belief that you were in a western country. The fact the judicial system is unfair throughout most of the rest of the world is a consideration. I think intent matters here, and it does not seem you intended to spy, although we also have been presented with only one side of the facts.
nsimmons

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:47:56 PM

Fuck the people who say "don't do the crime if you cant do the time" Roll Eyes Yes, man up  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Did you kill anyone? Manning up gets you dead in a cage, for 45K and some photos...is your life worth that little?

Regardless of your circumstances, if you intent was without malice, even if you were knowingly breaking the law, is it worth giving your life for? 36 years in a third world prison is probably a death sentence. Get the hell out of there and don't be foolish again.

I'd rather stay on the run and leave my family than die in a cage.

Decksperiment

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:52:06 PM

Jail is nowt more than an army camp where ya get beat up if you dont play the game..

If you cant do the time, dont do the crime, and yes, you will pay forever, even though you THINK you done your time, such is life.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:41:26 AM

Jail is nowt more than an army camp where ya get beat up if you dont play the game..

If you cant do the time, dont do the crime, and yes, you will pay forever, even though you THINK you done your time, such is life.

Depends on the country, in many countries it's better than the army.  A lot of countries have these low security prisons and inmates get to decorate the cell, play video games and get to eat very good food (better than what you will find in hotels and schools).

How often at home do you get to eat dumplings, chicken alfredo, slow cooked soup, roast tenderloin..   these are the things some prisoners are eating..

There's a reason why some guys commit more crimes to get back in prison.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:03:19 AM

You are forgiven friend.  Honesty is the true character that matters.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:13:50 AM

Depends on the country, in many countries it's better than the army.  A lot of countries have these low security prisons and inmates get to decorate the cell, play video games and get to eat very good food (better than what you will find in hotels and schools).

How often at home do you get to eat dumplings, chicken alfredo, slow cooked soup, roast tenderloin..   these are the things some prisoners are eating..

true prison is nice, but people are committing crimes cause their evil, not cause they can't find work

i am here.
Decksperiment

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 10:27:48 AM

And here's why:

Where I live, when you break the law and get sent to jail you only lose your freedom.

Now why would Scotland wanna be free, if we were?

Jail has become a more viable option for survival than it is for those who THINK they are free.

The only real difference is you cant nip to pub when you want.

My Name Was Taken

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 07:24:53 PM

You are forgiven friend.  Honesty is the true character that matters.

Oh well Dank forgave you. All your problems are solved. I heard he's made out of light and can levitate. Granted, he's the one who said those things, but I guess you should still feel better about your situation now.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 02:54:14 AM

You would rather spend half your life locked away then hide from the truth? If he was a fucking serial killer that's 1 thing but spying on someone and running from the feds isn't something that will traumatize you for the rest of your life, atleast more than being in jail would.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. He victimized people. He should go to prison. This isn't the government unreasonably overreaching and imprisoning someone cuz they're evil thugs. This is the government fulfilling one of its legitimate functions and protecting the people he made victims through his unjustified invasions of privacy. 36 years for coding a spy app doesn't sound like the full story though. I wouldn't be surprised if he's left out some other crimes related to this incident in his "confession"/cry for sympathy.

You are clueless about the time they hand out. Yes, he made a mistake but 36 years don't fit the crime and that's the type of time they hand out to "non-whites" in the usa court system.
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 07:31:35 PM

You are clueless about the time they hand out. Yes, he made a mistake but 36 years don't fit the crime and that's the type of time they hand out to "non-whites" in the usa court system.

OP is Definitely not in the U.S., so your comment is mostly irrelevant.

sickhouse

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:47:39 PM

Flee the country, that's what I would do in your shoes.

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
Iamyourdad

Activity: 84

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 02:44:51 PM

jail  Sad

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: