Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:02:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tuesday Austin Bitcoin Meetup  (Read 2535 times)
AlanX (OP)

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:58:59 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 11:24:57 PM by AlanX

This is a general, open forum Bitcoin meeting.  We are happy to discuss Bitcoin mining, alt-coin trading, economics, merchant/consumer adoption, Bitcoin wallets, "new to Bitcoin" topics, or anything else.

We welcome those into Dogecoin, Litecoin, Mastercoin, Ripple, Counterparty, Factom, Storj, Swarm, trading, mining, start ups, Bitcoin Conferences, and more.

Join us!

You are welcome if you are a newbie, or a developer, or anything in between.

In short:

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlanX (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 12:35:47 PM

We are having the meetup again tonight! (Oct 21, 2015)
spacelab

Activity: 528
Merit: 250

Nominex support

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 03:23:49 AM

Ahh i wish i knew about this!

Today we had our first crypto-party at the SpaceLab, helping teach pgp encryption - and hopefully will snowball into other crypto-related things.

Are you aware of the San Marcos bitcoin meetup, and the San Antonio meetup? they combined groups and meet once a month in New Braunfels - perhaps we could go in the same direction and get a meetup going in Buda/kyle

would actually be pretty awesome if we could organize a circuit of meetups which goes between new braunfels, san marcos, and kyle to help better facilitate  the San Antonio and Austin regions.

I would love to host the San Marcos round at the SpaceLab!

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 01:04:24 AM

Are you aware of the San Marcos bitcoin meetup, and the San Antonio meetup? they combined groups and meet once a month in New Braunfels - perhaps we could go in the same direction and get a meetup going in Buda/kyle

would actually be pretty awesome if we could organize a circuit of meetups which goes between new braunfels, san marcos, and kyle to help better facilitate  the San Antonio and Austin regions.

The Bitcoin meetup in Austin works closely with other Bitcoin meetup groups in Texas, and conduct joint Hangouts on Air to bring in remote speakers:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZTnjU-KAiuZl7g-dNHUyUg/playlists

We are not affiliated with Paul Snow's altcoin meetup in any way, nor his upcoming conference.

For more details about that:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2jvrmf/tuseday_austin_bitcoin_meetup/clgj22p
AlanX (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:26:00 PM

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!
AlanX (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:31:15 PM

We are not affiliated with Paul Snow's altcoin meetup in any way, nor his upcoming conference.

Well, we are primarily a Bitcoin meetup group, but the group isn't hostile to altcoins.  Heck, some of my favorite people hold Dogecoin!

The Austin Bitcoin Meetup groups are very active.  I'd encourage everyone to find the group that meets their schedule and needs!
AlanX (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:33:10 PM

Ahh i wish i knew about this!

Today we had our first crypto-party at the SpaceLab, helping teach pgp encryption - and hopefully will snowball into other crypto-related things.

PM me, and I'd be happy to connect, and if there is anything we can do to help, we will.
AlanX (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 04:50:37 PM

Will be meeting today at Central Market on Lamar and 40th (The north store) in Austin Texas.

If it is raining, we will meet indoors, or under the awning on the porch.  (I guess we are making the unusual claim that we know to get out of the rain...  Cheesy )
Just Magicmann

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

https://keybase.io/magicmann

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 08:05:55 AM

Any chance you guys could link me to San Antonio and/or San Marcos meetups? I'd be interested in attending such a meetup!

Don't deal with me until I verify with Keybase.io.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: