Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:09:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How about you and Ross Ulbricht? Imagine you are the Judge and tell us your judgment!
Free him! he is pioneer of freedom - 63 (64.9%)
Give him max. 5 years. - 17 (17.5%)
30 years minimum. - 11 (11.3%)
Kill the Satan! - 6 (6.2%)
Total Voters: 97

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Poll] Free Ross OR Kill Ross <search for public opinion>  (Read 6873 times)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 04:55:35 AM

He is not a pioneer of Freedom.  What kind of pioneer of freedom pays to have 6 people killed that disagree with them?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/11/21/alleged-silk-road-ross-ulbricht-creator-now-accused-of-six-murder-for-hires-denied-bail/

All very strange since apparently none of the potential victims actually exist.

If they do exist, they may be unknown/anonymous as they
were doing dirty deeds themselves on the silk road.

Still, if there's no hard proof, he should be acquitted.

inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:04:21 AM

All very strange since apparently none of the potential victims actually exist.

... and Canadian authorities deny such events. Perhaps Ulbrict was just claiming the false past hits as an attempt to scare would be attackers and the one the FBI orchestrated never took place but was rationalized because they assumed his claims were real but had no evidence? Perhaps he is a hypocrite and did make those hits ? Perhaps, everything the FBI is made up?

The problem is the evidence they will provide will certainly have holes as it already has revealed either because of sloppy investigating, parallel constructionhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_construction, or national security reasons and probably a bit of all three.

inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:10:42 AM

What he did was a major trial in harm reduction.

He deserves a Nobel Prize.

Exactly, drug use is merely a reflection of society and our humanity. Violence does not address its underlying reasons and only exacerbates it. What we need if more darkmarkets providing safer drugs to users and working with organizations like these:   http://www.dancesafe.org/  to reduce harm.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:33:30 AM

Freeeeeeeeeeeeedom
(Braveheart music in background)
He is no less than a serious drug dealer.  society is his victim and they will decide his punishment.  Only fools think bitcoin is a means to traverse laws.  Crime is crime.  He is going down BIG TIME!  He is no pioneer of anything.

I have a number of problems with this entire statement. The list of logical fallacies and bald assertions alone would take twenty pages to illustrate.

But I'll start with the basic. Society has as much relevance to reality as a juridical person. There is no such thing. It's a statistical construct, nothing more and nothing less. It has been built into the secular god of the 20th and 21st century, but blind faith has never sat well with me. As an axiom, it's far too flawed to withstand scrutiny.

But lets assume, for the sake of alleviating your cognitive dissonance, that you are correct. By this logic, all employees or Walgreens or Osco (to name a couple well knowns) should be locked in a cage. They willfully, knowingly, and often deceptively market dangerous drugs to an unususpecting populace. The ONLY difference between the licensed pharmacist and the "street pharmacist" that is worthy of discussion is the license.

The violence, which I'm sure will pop into your head as a "refutation" is a direct result of official prohibition (which in itself has no justification under the laws of the United States of America as embodied by it's constitution) and official monopoly (the very license that makes the distinction).

One can no more have a debt to society than they can to santa clause.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 06:39:38 AM

When they determine how many gang killings were avoided because people could buy drugs online instead of involving gangs he will be given a medal for saving lives.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Window2Wall

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:42:57 AM

he should get no punishment for Silk Road but didn't he try to have someone killed?

Says the agencies who have repeatedly lied to the public. Lets wait for the evidence to be presented first, before we accuse someone who advocated the non -aggression principle and wouldn't allow guns to be sold within his marketplace.

Agree, lets see the evidence.

But just because he advocated those things doesn't mean
he couldn't have taken to desperate measures during desperate times.
The government does not need to show the evidence until it goes to trial. If he decides to take some kind of a plea deal then it will not need to show evidence. I think this is a very broken way of doing things but it is how our current criminal system works
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:51:00 AM

he should get no punishment for Silk Road but didn't he try to have someone killed?

Says the agencies who have repeatedly lied to the public. Lets wait for the evidence to be presented first, before we accuse someone who advocated the non -aggression principle and wouldn't allow guns to be sold within his marketplace.

The government does not need to show the evidence until it goes to trial. If he decides to take some kind of a plea deal then it will not need to show evidence. I think this is a very broken way of doing things but it is how our current criminal system works

Interesting choice of words Cheesy
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 07:10:06 AM

I've no idea how the US justice system works (or otherwise), nor am I clued up with the extent of his alleged crimes so can't say for sure.

Is it not one of those things that you can buy your way out of, that's how a lot of 'justice' systems seem to work.

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 07:22:34 AM

I've no idea how the US justice system works (or otherwise), nor am I clued up with the extent of his alleged crimes so can't say for sure.

Is it not one of those things that you can buy your way out of, that's how a lot of 'justice' systems seem to work.

Yes, but they seized his coins.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 10:02:12 AM

He rolled the dice and got busted.  Use multisig next time.
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:15:43 AM

He should be punished for his stupidity

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
redhawk979

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:30:17 PM

Primates do not belong in cages. Non-violent primates definitely do not ever belong in cages.

Violent primates belong in compassionate but secure mental rehabilitation facilities.

Lmao compassionate? You think serial killers, murderers or kiddie rapists belong in Club Fed where they can be "rehabilitated"?
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:50:54 PM

Primates do not belong in cages. Non-violent primates definitely do not ever belong in cages.

Violent primates belong in compassionate but secure mental rehabilitation facilities.

Lmao compassionate? You think serial killers, murderers or kiddie rapists belong in Club Fed where they can be "rehabilitated"?

Locking in a cage is merely cruel. If they don't understand what they did is wrong, they are too dangerous to be allowed to live. If they do understand what they did was wrong, they are too dangerous to live. Which has nothing to do with the current case, save that a great many cops fall into the latter category.
redhawk979

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:06:12 PM

Locking in a cage is merely cruel. If they don't understand what they did is wrong, they are too dangerous to be allowed to live. If they do understand what they did was wrong, they are too dangerous to live. Which has nothing to do with the current case, save that a great many cops fall into the latter category.

And you're prepared to immediately kill a convicted serial rapist even if the evidence is shoddy? God knows how many death row inmates have been freed via the Innocence Project.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:17:34 PM

So it is one of those things that you can buy your way out of?

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 08:24:48 PM

So it is one of those things that you can buy your way out of?

happens all the time

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:42:07 PM

Most people see it as selling this:

Which is mostly this:

But they also sold this:

Which is mostly this:

Should society take no action to protect this stupid little pregnant bitch? What do we do with that retarded kid when she craps it out? I'm not paying for it for the rest of its life in my taxes.

okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 08:45:56 PM

Interesting choice of words Cheesy

Interesting and sad chooise or words Tongue

He should be punished for his stupidity

well thats another history more important than the current one XD

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:31:22 PM

And you're prepared to immediately kill a convicted serial rapist even if the evidence is shoddy? God knows how many death row inmates have been freed via the Innocence Project.

Nope. Nor did I imply that. Shoddy evidence calls for acquital. The current court system is without merit. In any nation I've taken the time to look at. I will not say it's broken, because the deeper you look the more it appears injustice and spreading fear in the general populace IS it's purpose.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:35:49 PM

Most people see it as selling this:

Which is mostly this:

But they also sold this:

Which is mostly this:

Should society take no action to protect this stupid little pregnant bitch? What do we do with that retarded kid when she craps it out? I'm not paying for it for the rest of its life in my taxes.

*sigh*

Ok, coppertop, listen up.

First "society" does NOTHING. It's a statistical construct, and the modern god.

Second, why should we perpetuate a system that penalizes people for voluntary choices, then try to rescue them from their choices? All of these "help" programs are exacerbating the problems. Would it not be better to educate people in things that actually matter, rather than to be nice little drones or dropouts? This prison we live in has some pretty strong invisible bars.

Third, if you endorse liberty you DO NOT endorse taxes.

There are more sides than "conservative" and "liberal" which are just faces on the same devalued coin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: