Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: due to the catholic church's recent ruling
yes - 13 (86.7%)
no - 2 (13.3%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we still allowed to call people "gay"?  (Read 1647 times)
Rayban34

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:58:31 PM

I do not see the point in defining a person by their sexual orientation - would it feel good if people went around saying, "Oh god man, you're so straight"

In a similar fashion would you like it if people stopped and whispered in your ear nervously... "are you straight?"

Stupid really when we think about it. We were all born on this rock to co-exist, it would be daft to socially exclude other based of our own personal fears.

Gay, straight, bi, asexual, black, yellow, white, male, female etc, we're all the same Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:23:56 AM

I think OP is referring to the new Synod of Bishops, the Catholic Church is trying to modernize itself and one of the "rulings" is about homosexual acceptance, they still don't see homosexual couples as equal to heterosexual couples, they simply say they are acceptable now...

I believe this is a direct result of the survey they made last year, homosexual unions were on that questionnaire.

b) Concerning Unions of Persons of the Same Sex

Civil Recognition

110. On unions of persons of the same sex, the responses of the bishops' conferences refer to Church teaching. “There are absolutely no grounds for considering homosexual unions to be in any way similar or even remotely analogous to God's plan for marriage and family. [...] Nonetheless, according to the teaching of the Church, men and women with homosexual tendencies ‘must be accepted with respect, compassion and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided’”

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/synod/documents/rc_synod_doc_20140626_instrumentum-laboris-familia_en.html

androz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Crypto-ideologist

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:52:43 AM

I think OP is referring to the new Synod of Bishops, the Catholic Church is trying to modernize itself and one of the "rulings" is about homosexual acceptance, they still don't see homosexual couples as equal to heterosexual couples, they simply say they are acceptable now...

this is puzzling imaho or hypocrite maybe.

i start by saying that obviously  we do not exclude anyone on sexual basis.

however, on the base of church teachings, we have to discriminate homos because sodomy & C. is forbidden by the holy law

well, if religion is compelled to adequate his standards on the public opinion it become more and more meaningless.

unfortunately for them, they could no more be the compellers  Wink

maybe i'll be still alive when a gay pope will be accepted openly  Smiley (don't think so)

Waramp22

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:57:55 AM

Jesus Christ himself was gay until that prostitute came along.

Scammed by Black Arrow? See the consumer complaint thread here -
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681965.0
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 02:55:19 PM

I do not see the point in defining a person by their sexual orientation - would it feel good if people went around saying, "Oh god man, you're so straight"

In a similar fashion would you like it if people stopped and whispered in your ear nervously... "are you straight?"

Stupid really when we think about it. We were all born on this rock to co-exist, it would be daft to socially exclude other based of our own personal fears.

Gay, straight, bi, asexual, black, yellow, white, male, female etc, we're all the same Smiley

Most awesome person on the forum. Grin
Rayban34

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:13:49 PM

Most awesome person on the forum. Grin

Ty! Smiley
the_K_man

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 03:34:36 PM

Yes you can (only if they are gay Cheesy)

Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:23:02 PM

Wait it's an insult to call someone who isn't gay gay and it's fine to call someone who's gay gay? Wtf!
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 10:54:53 PM

Wait it's an insult to call someone who isn't gay gay and it's fine to call someone who's gay gay? Wtf!

Why would you assume someone's sexual orientation in the first place?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: