Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:20:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hashie.co - Cloud Mining from 0.0012 BTC / GH | NEW: AMHash | FREE 10 GH  (Read 160427 times)
Wings1987

Activity: 418
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:43:00 PM

Others info that might help.

My response to that first email.

I imagine this email might by addressed to multiple customers if you were having an issue so I will ignore the tone of your email for now.

If you look at your support messages you will see that I sent you a message because I thought something might be wrong. I was having an issue with my bitcoin wallet on coinbase because it showed my deposit of 1.1 BTC three times. The excess balance in my Hashie wallet made sense. I later looked and saw the deposit only posted once. I will be able to review the account from my PC in the morning and if my records show what you are stating I will be happy to refund the entire amount. I am not interested in keeping something I am not entitled too.

Next email after checking my account and seeing my purchase disabled.

I just sat down to go through my account and it is disabled and the miner I purchased is gone. Could someone please explain what is going on?

Sahra's reply -

Hi,

You owe Hashie 1.01097 BTC:

| 1297345 | purchase | -1.01097000 | 2014-12-26 19:07:31 |   24168 | cdb28154                                                         | 2500 GH                                                          | 0.00000000 | 0.00000000 |

Your account was credited with 1.01097 BTC instead of being debited with that amount due to a bug in the pricing algorithm.

Please return this amount to 1HaShiEAAhhkVW8fdTpg1mu2ikLVZcxtg2 and we will be able to correct your account.

I sent the amount back. After repurchasing and not receiving a payout I went to the chat to see what was going on. Someone claiming to be Sahra singled me out with a few curses for take advantage of the exploit. (Not true of course) This was my first indication that something was horribly wrong so I emailed Sahra to make sure they were aware of it.

My email -

I went to check chat because I never received payout for the miner I purchased. There is someone representing them self as a Hashie employee abusing your customers.

Her reply -

That's me, I'm sorry I said that, I'm a bit stressed. Please accept my apologies.

Not sure any of that helps but thought it might be relevant.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:49:47 PM

Others info that might help.

My response to that first email.

I imagine this email might by addressed to multiple customers if you were having an issue so I will ignore the tone of your email for now.

If you look at your support messages you will see that I sent you a message because I thought something might be wrong. I was having an issue with my bitcoin wallet on coinbase because it showed my deposit of 1.1 BTC three times. The excess balance in my Hashie wallet made sense. I later looked and saw the deposit only posted once. I will be able to review the account from my PC in the morning and if my records show what you are stating I will be happy to refund the entire amount. I am not interested in keeping something I am not entitled too.

Next email after checking my account and seeing my purchase disabled.

I just sat down to go through my account and it is disabled and the miner I purchased is gone. Could someone please explain what is going on?

Sahra's reply -

Hi,

You owe Hashie 1.01097 BTC:

| 1297345 | purchase | -1.01097000 | 2014-12-26 19:07:31 |   24168 | cdb28154                                                         | 2500 GH                                                          | 0.00000000 | 0.00000000 |

Your account was credited with 1.01097 BTC instead of being debited with that amount due to a bug in the pricing algorithm.

Please return this amount to 1HaShiEAAhhkVW8fdTpg1mu2ikLVZcxtg2 and we will be able to correct your account.

I sent the amount back. After repurchasing and not receiving a payout I went to the chat to see what was going on. Someone claiming to be Sahra singled me out with a few curses for take advantage of the exploit. (Not true of course) This was my first indication that something was horribly wrong so I emailed Sahra to make sure they were aware of it.

My email -

I went to check chat because I never received payout for the miner I purchased. There is someone representing them self as a Hashie employee abusing your customers.

Her reply -

That's me, I'm sorry I said that, I'm a bit stressed. Please accept my apologies.

This is indeed very interesting: maybe someone massively exploited the bug, and so hashie decided to inscenate the fake hack and made all this mess to cover their fault...

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 05:53:43 PM

Thank you, that is very interesting.

Still this whole frost thing is a dickhead move. "Sahra" (whoever that might be) is just painting a target on his/her back. If there was indeed an exploit just come clean about it, can't be any worse than this game bullshit.
jawitech

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:05:38 PM

Still this whole frost thing is a dickhead move. "Sahra" (whoever that might be) is just painting a target on his/her back. If there was indeed an exploit just come clean about it, can't be any worse than this game bullshit.

I agree. They stated that the answer is in their ARG, but I guess that's only some kind of delaying tactics. They claimed that someone has stolen 100 BTC and they will go to the police. Maybe it's related to the story with the bug. But as you said, no reason for that psycho game.

I'm not familiar with the laws, isn't it possible to get their site shut down from the hosting company due to scamming customers? They still sell their shit and some simple minded users buying it.
tonygal

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:07:32 PM

This all gets stranger from day to day  Shocked
erre
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:08:31 PM

I agree. They stated that the answer is in their ARG, but I guess that's only some kind of delaying tactics. They claimed that someone has stolen 100 BTC and they will go to the police. Maybe it's related to the story with the bug. But as you said, no reason for that psycho game.

I'm not familiar with the laws, isn't it possible to get their site shut down from the hosting company due to scamming customers? They still sell their shit and some simple minded users buying it.

Yeha we need to shut down the site, if possible, they are still selling " magical"  shit to some dumb user...maybe not so much more dumb than many of us, but meh..

Wings1987

Activity: 418
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:16:02 PM

My gut tells me that the original emails on the 26th and 27th were answered by Sahra (A real Hashie employee)

The last one from the 28th had to be someone else. (or Hashie employees trying to make the hack seem more legit)

The email they send talking about legal action was a form letter. My guess is they had a bunch of people they are trying to chase down for a few BTC each. I would hope that their system would require approval for large withdrawals which would have prevented someone ordering 50 firehashers and making off with 100 BTC. Maybe I am giving them too much credit.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 06:33:57 PM

100 BTC is not the end of the world. Can't see how it would be worth for any reasonable person to go nuts over an amount like that. Either the loss is higher - which begs the question if the owner ever heard of cold storage - or it's just another diversion.
jawitech

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:36:08 PM

My gut tells me that the original emails on the 26th and 27th were answered by Sahra (A real Hashie employee)

The last one from the 28th had to be someone else. (or Hashie employees trying to make the hack seem more legit)

The email they send talking about legal action was a form letter. My guess is they had a bunch of people they are trying to chase down for a few BTC each. I would hope that their system would require approval for large withdrawals which would have prevented someone ordering 50 firehashers and making off with 100 BTC. Maybe I am giving them too much credit.

That's what I said from the beginning. The person "Sahra" always replied in a short, professional way. The day after the first missing payout, I went to the chat and suddenly the Hashie official (usually used be "Sahra") wrote in a totally different way.
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:37:40 PM

Yep, Maybe they were robbed and took a big loss and therefore decided to close shop.

jawitech

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:38:01 PM

100 BTC is not the end of the world. Can't see how it would be worth for any reasonable person to go nuts over an amount like that. Either the loss is higher - which begs the question if the owner ever heard of cold storage - or it's just another diversion.

Correct, but nobody knows if the stated 100 BTC are true or not. Probably only a reason to blame someone else while running away with all the funds and playing psycho games. I doubt we will know what really happened in the next weeks/months.
jawitech

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:40:13 PM

Maybe they were robbed and took a big loss and therefore decided to close shop.

Could be but still no reason why not making a statement what happened instead of playing such a game, calling customers idiots and doing all that bullshit. If they were really hacked, or this guy Matt Myrtle would not be involved, someone would have made any kind of statement about. But all you hear is songs, ARG, Queen Elsa and magic miners/frozen coins. So it doesn't seem we're on the wrong way.
galdur

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:44:44 PM

Could be but still no reason why not making a statement what happened instead of playing such a game, calling customers idiots and doing all that bullshit. If they were really hacked, or this guy Matt Myrtle would not be involved, someone would have made any kind of statement about. But all you hear is songs, ARG, Queen Elsa and magic miners/frozen coins. So it doesn't seem we're on the wrong way.

Yeah, but trying to apply reasoning to the actions of the criminally

insane is a common mistake sane people make.

AhmedMSedeek

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:58:31 PM

+1
erre
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

At this point , the most logic option seems to me that this mess was a bad bad bad attempt to mask a bitcoins tefth due to a bug by the way of simulating an hack.

Thumbs down, hashie  Angry

galdur

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:20:33 PM

It hit suddenly and without warning, right ?

I guess usually you detect certain signs in advance before scammers

pull the plug.

RD965

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 08:02:53 PM

+1

Yep I got some "frostcoins" from my lost balance and firehasher but so far I just got 1 payout

If you were hacked Hashie please allow us to get a refund or buy your own frostcoins so we can get the money back, very naughty all right now

And sorry but I now have to buy "gen2" in order to cash out? What a laugh in the face
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:21:31 PM

pull the plug.

keep in mind that the domain was registered under "Queen Elsa" and some information was filled with "let it go".

it looks like this was planned
jawitech

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:42:59 PM

pull the plug.

keep in mind that the domain was registered under "Queen Elsa" and some information was filled with "let it go".

it looks like this was planned

1. control over domain management
2. control over Hashie website, probably cold wallet
3. control over bitcointalk official account

Would be a lot for a simple hacking attack. In this case the hacker would have stolen the BTC and/or damaged the site incl. leaving a signature (no real hacker doesn't leave some kind of signature). So yes, that was planned.
darkgamer

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 12:58:47 AM

wtf is going on with am hash. I transferred my miners a few days ago, login today and 0gh. * on a side note, hashie has some interesting things in support.js
$("#userResponseTa").val()});setTimeout(respond,3000+(Math.random()*4000));});var match=[[["fuck","shit","cunt"],"My gosh you are rude! I'm not even going to respond to you."],[["activation"],"Please look in the spam folder. If you still can't find it, please try using a different email address to register."],[["deposit"],"I'm sorry that you're having issues with your deposit! We require 3 confirmations before a transaction is credited, and the minimum deposit is 0.0005 BTC. Sometimes, it takes longer for your deposits to be credited - please be patient. It'll arrive in a couple of hours!"],[["refund"],"We don't offer refunds at this time."],[["payout","miner","missing","gone","disappear","balance","firehash","withdraw","money","coins","generation 1","power"],"Your miners and account balance are missing as they have been converted into Frostcoins. You will receive Bitcoin payouts for your Frostcoins on a regular basis, however your miners and balance are gone. Learn more about Frostcoins here: https://hashie.co/frostcoins"],[["elsa","beautiful","withdraw","like"],"Sorry, but Queen Elsa's decisions are final."],[["trade","exchange"],"You cannot exchange Frostcoins at this time. You can only hold Frostcoins in your account, and wait until another dividend distribution occurs."],[["no frostcoin"],"If you have no Frostcoins, you may have already earned more than the repayment amount for your miners. Sorry"],[["banned","chat"],"If you are banned on the chat, you deserve it."],[["hint","arg","compound","morse","finale","blackbox"],"If you would like help with the Hashie ARG, see the forums at https://hashie.co/forum/. We're not giving out hints at this moment."],[["magic"],"Hashie Generation 2 miners are powered by magic. It's much more fine to mine with magic miners! Smiley"],[["matt"],"Who is this Matthew guy?"],[["sue","legal","police","interpol","fbi","cia","report","kill"],"Queen Elsa has magical snow powers and nobody can touch her. Good luck trying, because you are not going to get anywhere Smiley"],[["scam"],"Hashie is not a scam."],[["press","media","journalist","interview"],"You can contact us at support@hashie.co"],[["how are you","how's you"],"I'm good, thanks Smiley"],[["hello","hi"],"Hi there Smiley How can I help you?"],[["thanks"],"I am glad I could have helped!"],[["contact","email","human"],"If you *really* need to contact us, you can email us at support@hashie.co - keep in mind we do not respond to most emails. **Do not email us about your previous miners / balances - we will ignore them**."]];var defaultRes="I'm sorry, I didn't understand your response. Could you try re-phrasing? I guess someone was stupid and bought into the scam again tried withdrawing and it says something like it has been turned into a beautiful sculpture. then it appears you get a generate response from support
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: