Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:03:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hashie.co - Cloud Mining from 0.0012 BTC / GH | NEW: AMHash | FREE 10 GH  (Read 160427 times)
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:24:56 PM

Darkgamer, Darkangel, malaimult,

The way you quote is annoying as hell. Press ENTER after the bloody quote.

i dont get it what does pressing enter do? Let me know must be something special if 3 people are pissing you off

I suspect that's just 1 person.

You don't leave a new line after the closing quote tag. When there are multiple posts, it all becomes a big wall of text and it's difficult to cut irrelevant comments. You'll often see a big pile of quote tags when you get into deep conversation. It leads to stuff like this.

Next time, after you click on quote in order to reply to someone, press the 'Return'/'Enter' key on the keyboard so that you create a newline after the closing quote. Simple as that.

ahh ok gotcha i see what it did when i press enter send me to next line of text, ok will do that  Wink thanks did not know

Much better  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:34:34 PM

Darkgamer, Darkangel, malaimult,

The way you quote is annoying as hell. Press ENTER after the bloody quote.

i dont get it what does pressing enter do? Let me know must be something special if 3 people are pissing you off

I suspect that's just 1 person.

You don't leave a new line after the closing quote tag. When there are multiple posts, it all becomes a big wall of text and it's difficult to cut irrelevant comments. You'll often see a big pile of quote tags when you get into deep conversation. It leads to stuff like this.

Next time, after you click on quote in order to reply to someone, press the 'Return'/'Enter' key on the keyboard so that you create a newline after the closing quote. Simple as that.

Mabsark is right. Nobody told me to press enter after quote, it just seemed the natural thing to do.

darkgamer

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:40:54 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2015, 12:01:57 AM by darkgamer

hashie is using the same email that seems to have been compromised last year. glados.cc and using the admin account that once belonged or may still belong to TradeFortress.

There's no evidence whatsoever to suggest that. Hashie simply posted Tradefortress' email address as their contact details.

If anyone wants to contact darkgamer, send him an email at admin@glados.cc. Oh my god! Darkgamer = hashie = TradeFortress!

Come on man, think about these things for at least 1 second.

Here’s your digital-currency lesson of the day, courtesy of a guy who calls himself TradeFortress: “I don’t recommend storing any bitcoins accessible on computers connected to the internet.”

That may sound like a paradox. Bitcoin is the world’s most popular digital currency, and it’s controlled by a vast collection of computers spread across the internet. But TradeFortress knows what he’s talking about. He’s the founder of inputs.io, a company that used to store bitcoins in digital wallets for people across the globe. The site was just hacked, with the bandits making off with more than a million dollars’ worth of bitcoins.

Yes, bitcoins are digital. And, yes, bitcoin transactions necessarily happen on the internet. But you can store bitcoins offline, and that’s what the most careful of investors will do. A collection of bitcoins is essentially a private cryptograph key you can use to send money to someone else, and though you can store that key in an online digital wallet, you can also store it on an offline computer — and even on a physical item here in the real world, writing it on a piece of paper or engraving it on a ring. That’s why your money can’t be hacked.

Until last week, inputs.io seemed like a nifty service for Bitcoin users. The company not only offered bitcoin wallets, it mixed the wallets up in order to anonymize the coins they stored, sped up bitcoin payments, and even spared them from the tiny transaction fees that are typically charged on the bitcoin network.

But there was a catch. You had to trust the company — and its internet-connected computers — with your bitcoins. In retrospect, that was a bad idea. And now, Inputs.io customers are learning just how bad of an idea it was.

The site was compromised on Oct 23, and again on Oct. 26, and hackers made off with 4,100 bitcoins ($1.2 million) stolen in two separate attacks. The company waited until this week to notify customers of the incident, which only affects certain users. A small number of Bitcoins belonging to TradeFortress’s other business, CoinLenders, were also taken, TradeFortress said in an email interview (He didn’t provide his real name).

Inputs.io doesn’t have the funds to pay back everything that was stolen, but TradeFortress says he’s going to issue partial refunds. “I’m repaying with all of my personal Bitcoins, as well as remaining cold storage coins on Inputs, which adds up to 1540 BTC,” he told WIRED.

TradeFortress says that this was a social engineering attack, meaning that the attacker masqueraded as someone he wasn’t in order to get access to the site’s systems on cloud-hosting provider Linode. “The attack was done through compromising a chain of email accounts which eventually allowed the attacker to reset the password for the the Linode server,” he said.

The hacker’s first step was recovering an email address for an account that TradeFortress set up six years ago.

The “attacker rented an Australian server to proxy as close to my geographical location so it won’t raise alarms with email recoveries,” TradeFortress said in a forum post.

“I know this doesn’t mean much, but I’m sorry, and saying that I’m very sad that this happened is an understatement,” TradeFortress wrote on the inputs.io website.

Like I said earlier, it wouldn't be hard to go around attacking websites once you learn enough about who runs them. I'm pretty sure that with all the above info it's not hard to think that maybe the email account got pwned.  I guess we won't know if it's hashie unless we email them. I'm just saying that it's someone that knows a bit about the bitcoin operations and it would be nice to have clarification from TraderFortress to find out if he still owns the email. I'm also saying that if a server was once compromised it would be good to take control of it during a scam like hashie as it wouldn't be hard to impersonate the site owner. in this way, you could offer a scam called hashie and run off with money. then, go right back and offer a new scam using the credentials of someone else.
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:59:42 PM

Until last week, inputs.io seemed like a nifty service for Bitcoin users. The company not only offered bitcoin wallets, it mixed the wallets up in order to anonymize the coins they stored, sped up bitcoin payments, and even spared them from the tiny transaction fees that are typically charged on the bitcoin network.

What are you talking about? It was hacked on October 24th 2013! Also, like I said earlier, just because Hashie posted the email here, that does not mean they control it. It's just a way to get people to stop emailing them and email someone else instead.
darkgamer

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:05:45 AM

What are you talking about? It was hacked on October 24th 2013! Also, like I said earlier, just because Hashie posted the email here, that does not mean they control it. It's just a way to get people to stop emailing them and email someone else instead.

Maybe, but they also wanted everyone to let it go and they carried on now for about 3 weeks I don't really think they will let it go. This is their xbox live entertainment.
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:16:38 AM

Maybe, but they also wanted everyone to let it go and they carried on now for about 3 weeks I don't really think they will let it go. This is their xbox live entertainment.

Huh I don't even know what your trying to say. You lost me a couple of conversations a go. Just seemed like a wall of gibberish.  Undecided
darkgamer

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:37:20 AM

Huh I don't even know what your trying to say. You lost me a couple of conversations a go. Just seemed like a wall of gibberish.  Undecided

why post an email that was involved in a hack, even it's not TradeFortress it is someone that knows the community well and could be the same person that took down inputs.io as a way to gloat on here about previous achievements.
Vortex20000

Activity: 504

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 12:46:39 AM

Elsa is probably laughing away at our misfortune  Roll Eyes

whitewhidow

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 02:12:51 PM

nana, so the next scam is ready, DIVIDE your frostcoin (by zero ? ),   all the way down to half of nothing

hashie faggie, you know how much you owe me, you know where to send it, its not my job to come looking for it, you know the deal

TO WHOEVER STOL MY ACCOUNT AND WAS NOW USING IT AS HIS OWN,   FCK OFF PLEASE   
 - The REAL WHITEWHIDOW
Vortex20000

Activity: 504

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 02:55:37 PM

nana, so the next scam is ready, DIVIDE your frostcoin (by zero ? ),   all the way down to half of nothing

hashie faggie, you know how much you owe me, you know where to send it, its not my job to come looking for it, you know the deal

Division by zero is undefined.

whitewhidow

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 06:02:27 PM

Division by zero is undefined.

wich in terms of my refund, is zero

TO WHOEVER STOL MY ACCOUNT AND WAS NOW USING IT AS HIS OWN,   FCK OFF PLEASE   
 - The REAL WHITEWHIDOW
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 06:31:39 PM

hashie is using the same email that seems to have been compromised last year. glados.cc and using the admin account that once belonged or may still belong to TradeFortress.

There's no evidence whatsoever to suggest that. Hashie simply posted Tradefortress' email address as their contact details.

If anyone wants to contact darkgamer, send him an email at admin@glados.cc. Oh my god! Darkgamer = hashie = TradeFortress!

Come on man, think about these things for at least 1 second.

Here’s your digital-currency lesson of the day, courtesy of a guy who calls himself TradeFortress: “I don’t recommend storing any bitcoins accessible on computers connected to the internet.”

That may sound like a paradox. Bitcoin is the world’s most popular digital currency, and it’s controlled by a vast collection of computers spread across the internet. But TradeFortress knows what he’s talking about. He’s the founder of inputs.io, a company that used to store bitcoins in digital wallets for people across the globe. The site was just hacked, with the bandits making off with more than a million dollars’ worth of bitcoins.

Yes, bitcoins are digital. And, yes, bitcoin transactions necessarily happen on the internet. But you can store bitcoins offline, and that’s what the most careful of investors will do. A collection of bitcoins is essentially a private cryptograph key you can use to send money to someone else, and though you can store that key in an online digital wallet, you can also store it on an offline computer — and even on a physical item here in the real world, writing it on a piece of paper or engraving it on a ring. That’s why your money can’t be hacked.

But there was a catch. You had to trust the company — and its internet-connected computers — with your bitcoins. In retrospect, that was a bad idea. And now, Inputs.io customers are learning just how bad of an idea it was.

The site was compromised on Oct 23, and again on Oct. 26, and hackers made off with 4,100 bitcoins ($1.2 million) stolen in two separate attacks. The company waited until this week to notify customers of the incident, which only affects certain users. A small number of Bitcoins belonging to TradeFortress’s other business, CoinLenders, were also taken, TradeFortress said in an email interview (He didn’t provide his real name).

Inputs.io doesn’t have the funds to pay back everything that was stolen, but TradeFortress says he’s going to issue partial refunds. “I’m repaying with all of my personal Bitcoins, as well as remaining cold storage coins on Inputs, which adds up to 1540 BTC,” he told WIRED.

TradeFortress says that this was a social engineering attack, meaning that the attacker masqueraded as someone he wasn’t in order to get access to the site’s systems on cloud-hosting provider Linode. “The attack was done through compromising a chain of email accounts which eventually allowed the attacker to reset the password for the the Linode server,” he said.

The hacker’s first step was recovering an email address for an account that TradeFortress set up six years ago.

The “attacker rented an Australian server to proxy as close to my geographical location so it won’t raise alarms with email recoveries,” TradeFortress said in a forum post.

“I know this doesn’t mean much, but I’m sorry, and saying that I’m very sad that this happened is an understatement,” TradeFortress wrote on the inputs.io website.

Like I said earlier, it wouldn't be hard to go around attacking websites once you learn enough about who runs them. I'm pretty sure that with all the above info it's not hard to think that maybe the email account got pwned.  I guess we won't know if it's hashie unless we email them. I'm just saying that it's someone that knows a bit about the bitcoin operations and it would be nice to have clarification from TraderFortress to find out if he still owns the email. I'm also saying that if a server was once compromised it would be good to take control of it during a scam like hashie as it wouldn't be hard to impersonate the site owner. in this way, you could offer a scam called hashie and run off with money. then, go right back and offer a new scam using the credentials of someone else.

WOW how long did it take you to write this up lol i almost finish a cigarate reading this lol, in anycase i see what is being said and should always be vigilant. If i ever have more than 1 bitcoin i will make sure i buy a cheap computer get bitcoin wallet and send my stuff there and never keep computer plugged in to internet or even powered up. Will be fun each time i need to get to wallet with having to wait for updates but my 1 bitcoin will be safe  Wink

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
Salmen
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 09:24:07 PM

I try with 0.066 Frostcoins.
I look if they pay off my split Frostcoins me.

Young Developer amidst Europe. Specialized in Web Programming and Creating Telegram Bots. Looking for a developer? Feel free to drop a mail to me.
Running JaguarBitcoin - Your Place For Scripts
primeminer

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:01:49 AM

To all having hashes with Amhash

Has anyone had successful withdraw from Am?

I am waiting now over 96h from request and no payment has been made....

Could someone from AM pm me/get in touch as tickets are left  not responded too
hagie

Activity: 792
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 09:18:32 AM

To all having hashes with Amhash

Has anyone had successful withdraw from Am?

I am waiting now over 96h from request and no payment has been made....

Could someone from AM pm me/get in touch as tickets are left  not responded too

Yes works within 48 for me but I requested it even before it was offical announced as working.

btw there is a amhash thread were you can find this answer.

Regards
Stefan
primeminer

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:43:17 PM

Yes works within 48 for me but I requested it even before it was offical announced as working.

btw there is a amhash thread were you can find this answer.

Regards
Stefan

Could you feed me with the link, please?
Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:51:12 PM

Could you feed me with the link, please?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=833704.0
darkgamer

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:35:07 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2015, 01:56:58 PM by darkgamer

WOW how long did it take you to write this up lol i almost finish a cigarate reading this lol, in anycase i see what is being said and should always be vigilant. If i ever have more than 1 bitcoin i will make sure i buy a cheap computer get bitcoin wallet and send my stuff there and never keep computer plugged in to internet or even powered up. Will be fun each time i need to get to wallet with having to wait for updates but my 1 bitcoin will be safe  Wink

About 5 minutes with copy paste, most of it was public I'm just trying to put things in context. Was kind of in a hurry so I didn't post sources. I didn't find much about the email just the domain was registered to  yan wang and now shows mark russells. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211169.0 doesn't really prove much. Tradefortress still hasn't responded to asking if his email was compromised. who ever updated the site was probably meaning mark russell as that had to deal with btc atms. Not that that is who it is, but is probably just targeting different people in the community. Honestly the biggest weakness to bitcoin is the centralization of something that's very nature goes against it. In other words thing like mining and the markets should have their own protocol. the miner itself should somehow send you payments. maybe something like using bittorrent or bittorernt sync. you could do something like bittorent sync and create keys that tie to miners so you could rent them out.. etc different keys are used for length of time. there is just to much faith and room for market manipulations if btc is just stored on websites. I suppose for the time being something like an escrow or something similar to btcbuckets. in that if you are to buy a contract dude doesn't get all the money up front but is slowly trickled during length of contract. Something must be done to prevent ponzi scam and to stop things like cex suspending operations. makes it so people are stuck in limbo state not doing shit very little options but to either sell, wait or try to redeem for physical hardware.
szenekonzept
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1012

Europecoin Financecloud API

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 03:03:31 PM

WOW how long did it take you to write this up lol i almost finish a cigarate reading this lol, in anycase i see what is being said and should always be vigilant. If i ever have more than 1 bitcoin i will make sure i buy a cheap computer get bitcoin wallet and send my stuff there and never keep computer plugged in to internet or even powered up. Will be fun each time i need to get to wallet with having to wait for updates but my 1 bitcoin will be safe  Wink

About 5 minutes with copy paste, most of it was public I'm just trying to put things in context. Was kind of in a hurry so I didn't post sources. I didn't find much about the email just the domain was registered to  yan wang and now shows mark russells. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211169.0 doesn't really prove much. Tradefortress still hasn't responded to asking if his email was compromised. who ever updated the site was probably meaning mark russell as that had to deal with btc atms. Not that that is who it is, but is probably just targeting different people in the community. Honestly the biggest weakness to bitcoin is the centralization of something that's very nature goes against it. In other words thing like mining and the markets should have their own protocol. the miner itself should somehow send you payments. maybe something like using bittorrent or bittorernt sync. you could do something like bittorent sync and create keys that tie to miners so you could rent them out.. etc different keys are used for length of time. there is just to much faith and room for market manipulations if btc is just stored on websites. I suppose for the time being something like an escrow or something similar to btcbuckets. in that if you are to buy a contract dude doesn't get all the money up front but is slowly trickled during length of contract. Something must be done to prevent ponzi scam and to stop things like cex suspending operations. makes it so people are stuck in limbo state not doing shit very little options but to either sell, wait or try to redeem for physical hardware.

WOW you just invented a gamechanger, to sad my programming skills are used to long ago to build that, but anybody who would be able to build that concept will be a rich man (and really earned it in a fair way).

Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:51:23 PM

WOW how long did it take you to write this up lol i almost finish a cigarate reading this lol, in anycase i see what is being said and should always be vigilant. If i ever have more than 1 bitcoin i will make sure i buy a cheap computer get bitcoin wallet and send my stuff there and never keep computer plugged in to internet or even powered up. Will be fun each time i need to get to wallet with having to wait for updates but my 1 bitcoin will be safe  Wink

About 5 minutes with copy paste, most of it was public I'm just trying to put things in context. Was kind of in a hurry so I didn't post sources. I didn't find much about the email just the domain was registered to  yan wang and now shows mark russells. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211169.0 doesn't really prove much. Tradefortress still hasn't responded to asking if his email was compromised. who ever updated the site was probably meaning mark russell as that had to deal with btc atms. Not that that is who it is, but is probably just targeting different people in the community. Honestly the biggest weakness to bitcoin is the centralization of something that's very nature goes against it. In other words thing like mining and the markets should have their own protocol. the miner itself should somehow send you payments. maybe something like using bittorrent or bittorernt sync. you could do something like bittorent sync and create keys that tie to miners so you could rent them out.. etc different keys are used for length of time. there is just to much faith and room for market manipulations if btc is just stored on websites. I suppose for the time being something like an escrow or something similar to btcbuckets. in that if you are to buy a contract dude doesn't get all the money up front but is slowly trickled during length of contract. Something must be done to prevent ponzi scam and to stop things like cex suspending operations. makes it so people are stuck in limbo state not doing shit very little options but to either sell, wait or try to redeem for physical hardware.

Why are you having a conversation with yourself, malaimult. Yes, I checked, you've sorted you're quoting out with all three alts. Good job!

So, darkangel/darkgamer/malaimult, could you explain your connection to the cloudminr.io ponzi? If you say you have none, then could you explain why you still carry their sig when the sig campaign ended ages ago? Surely you realise that you and picolo are going be the ones people go after when the shit hits the fan.
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: