Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:20:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hashie.co - Cloud Mining from 0.0012 BTC / GH | NEW: AMHash | FREE 10 GH  (Read 160428 times)
Salmen
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 05:35:04 PM

Is it possible in this service frostcoins soon invest?
I invested today 5 Doge.

cryptohalve.com

this is really strange site
if u sent 5 doge to them, they promise send 2,5 doge to you Smiley
they are honest.. They say we steal %50 of your money Smiley
funny Smiley
Really? I always get my payments. If the site goes down or does not pay, then I call this a ponzi.
The system is good, better than 130% return.

Young Developer amidst Europe. Specialized in Web Programming and Creating Telegram Bots. Looking for a developer? Feel free to drop a mail to me.
Running JaguarBitcoin - Your Place For Scripts
jawitech

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:47:30 PM

Really? I always get my payments. If the site goes down or does not pay, then I call this a ponzi.

The same was told about Cryptodouble and other scam sites until they stopped paying. Then, everyone complained and cried...
Salmen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 07:23:19 PM

The same was told about Cryptodouble and other scam sites until they stopped paying. Then, everyone complained and cried...
I asked to the owner, they says, they have all under control.

Young Developer amidst Europe. Specialized in Web Programming and Creating Telegram Bots. Looking for a developer? Feel free to drop a mail to me.
RD965

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:29:59 PM

lol
jawitech

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:28:35 PM

Great, is this case, nothing may happen. Probably you want to ask Hashie owner if he has everything under control, too? I'm sure, you'll get the same reply  Roll Eyes

DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 05:48:07 AM

https://coinfire.cf/2015/01/19/sec-investigation-of-gaw-miners-underway/

This article is about Gaw, but the link provided at the bottom, might be helpful for Hashie customers, too.

wow sweet find i hear gaw is coming up with something new for more cash infusion

Theyre all falling

blasfemy do not say that they will come back stonger lol

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 05:06:23 PM

what does hashie mean by " they have it all under control now " does it mean they are shutting down or amhash took over them 100% or maybe someone else?  Huh

jawitech

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:38:29 PM

what does hashie mean by " they have it all under control now " does it mean they are shutting down or amhash took over them 100% or maybe someone else?  Huh

Statement was about a ponzi site, not Hashie.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 01:45:03 PM

Statement was about a ponzi site, not Hashie.

ahh ok gotcha thank you for clarification, now off to bed lol to early here lol

Wedge_Antilles

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:54:03 AM

Does somebody have any information on the status of the site?
RD965

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 12:01:00 PM

Dead, barried and money lost
szenekonzept
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1012

Europecoin Financecloud API

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 05:07:31 PM

working on generation 3, promises more, pays less, new Disney theme, with instant re-steal and a crypto named "broken noses"  ...

Cheesy

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 05:19:06 PM

working on generation 3, promises more, pays less, new Disney theme, with instant re-steal and a crypto named "broken noses"  ...

Cheesy

lol i see i cant wait to see this new improved service and game. I wonder if the new game starts out as broken noses and then the objective of the game is to make sure you dont end up in tight noses haha  Cool

RD965

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:24:37 PM

Cheesy

So im on the right track then
Salmen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 05:25:50 PM

What happened with Hashie?

FireHashers were priced according to it's expected output.

Code:
function fh_estimate($hashpower, $days){
$difficulty = getDifficulty();
$btcusd = getBTCUSD();

$globalHashrateGH = $difficulty * 0.007158388055;

$oneTHPorion = 1000 / $globalHashrateGH;
$bitcoinPerHourPerTH = 25 * 6 * 24; // 25 BTC * 6 blocks * 24 hours

$payoutPerTH = floor($oneTHPorion * $bitcoinPerHourPerTH * 100000000) / 100000000;

$btcusd = getBTCUSD();
$feePerHour = ceil(((0.002 * 1 * 1000) / $btcusd) * 100000000) / 100000000;

$payoutPerTH -= $feePerHour;

$ret = $payoutPerTH * ($hashpower / 1000) * $days;

return $ret;
}

We used Blockchain.info's simple query API to get the current difficulty.

In normal circumstances: Expected earnings = Payout - Maintenance Fee

Unfortunately, for approximately 30 minutes Blockchain.info returned 0 as the network difficulty. $globalHashrateGH became 0. In the next line, that's used to divide -- resulting in a division by zero error. The payout was calculated to be 0.

With the payout 0, the expected earnings was negative. The FireHashers were priced at expected earnings * discount. Since the expected earnings was negative, the price was negative. People could buy negatively priced FireHashers, and when they purchased it, it would actually add to their balance. Users were able to withdraw the fake balances.

We lost a total of around 90 BTC due to this bug. Since we mainly sold AMHash, our margins were very low and we absolutely could not cover 90 BTC and had to shut down. We only recovered minimal amounts (thanks to those that did send us the coins back).

What have we learned?
(1) Sanity check data sources and throw error if there's an unexpected value.
(2) Sanity check purchasing and make sure the price is always >0.
(3) Code review -- being the solo developer isn't the best idea for a bitcoin project.

I plan on launching a few new bitcoin projects in the future (many interesting ideas Smiley ), so if you're a web developer who is interested in working together (development, code review, sysadmin, etc) in upcoming projects for equity, contact support@hashie.co.

Don't worry, I'm not touching cloud mining, or web wallets, or lending, ever again.

~ https://hashie.co/letitgo.ogg

-Queen Elsa
this was the reason why hashie.co was closed?
If you had tested it before, would not hashie.co now offline.

RD965

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:39:55 PM

FireHashers were priced according to it's expected output.

Code:
function fh_estimate($hashpower, $days){
$difficulty = getDifficulty();
$btcusd = getBTCUSD();

$globalHashrateGH = $difficulty * 0.007158388055;

$oneTHPorion = 1000 / $globalHashrateGH;
$bitcoinPerHourPerTH = 25 * 6 * 24; // 25 BTC * 6 blocks * 24 hours

$payoutPerTH = floor($oneTHPorion * $bitcoinPerHourPerTH * 100000000) / 100000000;

$btcusd = getBTCUSD();
$feePerHour = ceil(((0.002 * 1 * 1000) / $btcusd) * 100000000) / 100000000;

$payoutPerTH -= $feePerHour;

$ret = $payoutPerTH * ($hashpower / 1000) * $days;

return $ret;
}

We used Blockchain.info's simple query API to get the current difficulty.

In normal circumstances: Expected earnings = Payout - Maintenance Fee

Unfortunately, for approximately 30 minutes Blockchain.info returned 0 as the network difficulty. $globalHashrateGH became 0. In the next line, that's used to divide -- resulting in a division by zero error. The payout was calculated to be 0.

With the payout 0, the expected earnings was negative. The FireHashers were priced at expected earnings * discount. Since the expected earnings was negative, the price was negative. People could buy negatively priced FireHashers, and when they purchased it, it would actually add to their balance. Users were able to withdraw the fake balances.

We lost a total of around 90 BTC due to this bug. Since we mainly sold AMHash, our margins were very low and we absolutely could not cover 90 BTC and had to shut down. We only recovered minimal amounts (thanks to those that did send us the coins back).

What have we learned?
(3) Code review -- being the solo developer isn't the best idea for a bitcoin project.

I plan on launching a few new bitcoin projects in the future (many interesting ideas Smiley ), so if you're a web developer who is interested in working together (development, code review, sysadmin, etc) in upcoming projects for equity, contact support@hashie.co.

Don't worry, I'm not touching cloud mining, or web wallets, or lending, ever again.

-Queen Elsa
this was the reason why hashie.co was closed?
If you had tested it before, would not hashie.co now offline.

No, that is not the reason, they stole the coins al laughed at all of us with magical stories

THATS THE TRUTH,

I lost more than 2btc in this crap
szenekonzept
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 08:35:18 PM

blablablabalabla

What have we learned?

-Queen Elsa

Trust me, you will learn a whole lot of more Trash Queen Elsa, a whole lot more ....

RD965

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:53:53 AM

blablablabalabla

What have we learned?

-Queen Elsa

Trust me, you will learn a whole lot of more Trash Queen Elsa, a whole lot more ....

What?
szenekonzept
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 10:50:39 AM

blablablabalabla

What have we learned?

-Queen Elsa

What?

What: how small this world can get, when he/she's stealing from to many nerds ...

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 05:04:08 PM

blablablabalabla

What have we learned?

-Queen Elsa

LOL .............. those are the same words a friend of my told this girl on high high school senior prom dance, and sure enough he learned alot more 9 months later down the road. Well was a good scare as it was not his but girls exboyfriends. Point is i wonder if this will be the same lesson we have to learn haha  Shocked

Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: