Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:41:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin seen on National T.V. during football game  (Read 1788 times)
JLynn171 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:37:06 PM

Such companies and tv ads will definitely attract more people to use Bitcoins.

I highly doubt it.

People are lazy by their nature, chances for bump in "Bitcoin" googling are very low in my opinion.

I don't agree with you.
Advertising doesn't mean that people will buy new product, or try new service, right away, as soon as they see new ad.
Maybe 1 of 100 or 1 of 1 000 prospect will do this.
but, if people will see advertising about bitcoin more and more often, eventually more and more people will become interesting in bitcoin and check out about this.
In this way, bitcoin will become more attractive and popular, and this is good way to become mainstream eventually.

Those are my thoughts exactly.... Im sure whenever visa/mastercard first came out and it became widespread it took a little bit of time before at the end of every commercial it said now accepting visa/Mastercard.... but there are also alot of people who 1. have never heard of btc 2. dont trust btc: I believe it becomes mroe mainstream will knock some of those people out of those two catigories

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Micky Ron

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:04:03 PM

Such companies and tv ads will definitely attract more people to use Bitcoins.

I highly doubt it.

People are lazy by their nature, chances for bump in "Bit[Suspicious link removed]gling are very low in my opinion.

I don't agree with you.
Advertising doesn't mean that people will buy new product, or try new service, right away, as soon as they see new ad.
Maybe 1 of 100 or 1 of 1 000 prospect will do this.
but, if people will see advertising about bitcoin more and more often, eventually more and more people will become interesting in bitcoin and check out about this.
In this way, bitcoin will become more attractive and popular, and this is good way to become mainstream eventually.

Those are my thoughts exactly.... Im sure whenever visa/mastercard first came out and it became widespread it took a little bit of time before at the end of every commercial it said now accepting visa/Mastercard.... but there are also alot of people who 1. have never heard of btc 2. dont trust btc: I believe it becomes mroe mainstream will knock some of those people out of those two catigories

I agree, eventually bitcoin will achieve greater adoption through exposure and advertisement.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: