Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:36:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DORIAN NAKAMOTO LAUNCHES LEGAL DEFENSE FUND AT WWW.NEWSWEEKLIED.COM  (Read 3342 times)
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:24:05 AM

That doesn't really proof anything, since people often just copy stories from others sites without checking the facts.
And seriously, your effort here is just too big for something you randomly found on the internet.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:30:38 AM

defend your scam as much as you like, it just makes you look worse.

at first i was just calling that site a scam, but then the more you defend it, and post links to all the crapedia (crap media no one cares about ) the more i see your trying to highlight it for some personal reason.

put it this way.
dorian has a well publicized story, and many many many lawyers would jump at the chance should dorian want to leave is humble, low profile life for a second time and jump back into the lime light of a media frenzy (which i dont think he wants to do)
if he are only suing to get media to leave him alone, the last thing he would do is jump into the media's target zone again.

and it seems dorian, who is savvi enough to only talk to media for a free lunch. would of chosen a "no win no fee" lawyer.. so there would be no upfront costs.

nothing about that website seems legit, and by people like the OP blasting it across every crapedia there is to try getting the owner of that domain some coins. then you have to ask yourself whats in it for the ones highlighting it??

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:33:30 AM

Sounds like the only 'scammer' around here is the lawyer: http://www.businessinsider.com/dorian-nakamoto-is-accepting-donations-to-sue-newsweek-over-allegations-that-he-created-bitcoin-2014-10
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:34:01 AM

I am sure this is a fraud made by the lawyer or even some unknown to try and peddle in much more btc. S.O.Y.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:40:16 AM

I like the owl in Satoshi's background Wink

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:07:14 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2014, 12:17:48 PM by franky1

just looking up the lawyer now..

and i dont mean the law firm at
215 W. 6th Street Suite 1014 Los Angeles, CA 90014 (213) 935-0250
which is a proper law firm.. but not the address listed in the donation drive...

but the supposed law firm, which is listed in the link (think its just a name copy) at
1100 Echo Park Ave, Los Angeles, CA, United States (residential estate)

have you even seen this fools website:
http://www.kirschnerlawoffice.com/
(copyright 2009)

has these reviews
http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/law-office-of-ethan-d-kirschner-los-angeles
DO NOT HIRE this guy to represent you! He NEVER returns calls, texts, or emails, worst attorney ever! This guy is a real joke! He lost all my file and sent me to go look through my sent emails to find the emails I sent him. After 8 months he still hadn't filed a complaint for my case in court and he was asking for money, money for what? He lost my file and still hadn't filed my case. Man seriously this Ethan is a real joke and I'm turning him into the bar! A good attorney would keep all emails to and from their client but not Ethan! Most answers to questions I asked were let me get back to you I'm not sure and then he NEVER got back to me I'd have to text or call him a few times b4 he did respond. He is so unorganized and  unprofessional it's crazy how he passed the bar.

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:09:30 PM

I like the owl in Satoshi's background Wink

i like the owl too but its a shame the image was from andreas antonopolis fundraiser of spring this year(the proper fundraiser) and not a recent picture from this autumn/fall

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:30:09 PM

lol,

it seems this forum is really fast to detect any kind of scammers. 
AGD (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:32:42 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2014, 12:51:12 PM by AGD

defend your scam as much as you like, it just makes you look worse.

at first i was just calling that site a scam, but then the more you defend it, and post links to all the crapedia (crap media no one cares about ) the more i see your trying to highlight it for some personal reason.

put it this way.
dorian has a well publicized story, and many many many lawyers would jump at the chance should dorian want to leave is humble, low profile life for a second time and jump back into the lime light of a media frenzy (which i dont think he wants to do)
if he are only suing to get media to leave him alone, the last thing he would do is jump into the media's target zone again.

and it seems dorian, who is savvi enough to only talk to media for a free lunch. would of chosen a "no win no fee" lawyer.. so there would be no upfront costs.

nothing about that website seems legit, and by people like the OP blasting it across every crapedia there is to try getting the owner of that domain some coins. then you have to ask yourself whats in it for the ones highlighting it??

Hahaha. You really believe that I am spreading the news on sites like pcworld.com, business-insider, cnet.com and coindesk and alot more to make money with donations and I own cryptome.org? Did you already contact the mods to stop me with my huge scam?

Edit: Another crap media site has more news on this:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2828712/dorian-nakamoto-prepares-for-possible-lawsuit-against-newsweek.html

In an email, a staffer for Los Angeles lawyer Ethan Kirschner confirmed he is representing Nakamoto in the effort.

“If a private citizen like Mr. Nakamoto can be targeted and victimized by a reckless news organization, it could happen to others,” Kirschner said in a release that also confirmed that Nakomoto had set up the fund.

“Mr. Nakamoto’s claim against Newsweek will also remind the journalism community of their continuing legal and ethical responsibilities to the broader public.”

Frankie1, your research is crap and your accusations are all plain bullshit. You can stop with it now before I report YOU to the mods for your false accusations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptome

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:02:16 PM

You mean he is a scammer because he is defending Dorian Nakamoto vs Newsweek or do you have other insider informations?Huh
I hope he wins and becomes a millionare.

+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1570

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 01:04:09 PM

This whole fundraiser is a bullshit.
Putting all the above arguments aside (bad reputation of attorney, possible fraud attempt). Basically they're asking for the community to pay the firm's fees.

"A lawsuit against Newsweek will be very expensive," the website, created by the law firm of Kirschner and Associates, says. "Dorian does not have the resources to pay the costs of such a suit, let alone attorneys' fees. Monies raised by the Fund will be used to further Dorian's legal claims against Newsweek; anything remaining will be given directly to Dorian for his expenses."

If they believe he has a solid chance of winning, why not provide a service on 'no win-no fee' basis. You hear all the time about some poor bastards suing big companies over some bullshit...

What's actually 'very expensive' here, other than attorney's cost/fees?

This case will grab some media attention (or already did) so it's a free advertisement for any firm representing Dorian.

Whether this is a fraud attempt or not, I hope Newsweek gets sued (by a proper law firm).

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:17:42 PM

I don't know what to think about this. What surprises me is that this legal initiative comes so late.

If it's not a scam, it's bad timing. Such a donation campaign would have easily worked out shortly after the events. Now I'm not so sure.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
n0rBit

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 02:09:10 PM

Dorian does not want bitcoins.

He wants lunch.

LOL.. Dorian wants sushi.  Grin
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 02:30:14 PM

seeing as im just laughing at AGD, trying desperately to get people to donate to his advertised link. i thought since he can't actually show proof beyond his news posts, which he sends to the editor email accounts. i thought id show an image which would have sold it to me to atleast has some comical merit to being a recent decision for dorian to want to suddenly get into the lime light.

AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 02:49:15 PM

Wow you still didn't understand, that this site and funding has nothing to do with me and I am not the owner of cryptome.org nor of newsweeklied.com.
Your stupidity really amazes me.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:17:46 PM

Wow you still didn't understand, that this site and funding has nothing to do with me and I am not the owner of cryptome.org nor of newsweeklied.com.
Your stupidity really amazes me.

my first reply to you never called you a scammer.. but as soon as you defended it, the way scammers defend their hard work, made me assume you were behind it.. even now all you can do is insult people while continuing to defend something that has too many loose threads..

basically, next time dont just read a news article and post it. atleast read it, think about it and look into how plausible it sounds. and then when other find flaws just reply "dont kill the messenger" as its a known correlation that when a scam is posted on the forum, its usually the poster thats the first suspect.

even in crimes like injury or murder, the first suspect is usually the one that gets very emotionally defensive (closest family/relative/spouse)

Marduk

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:25:27 PM

Well it did seem like a scam at first.  However I read one of the links OP posted:

http://www.coindesk.com/dorian-nakamoto-launches-legal-fund-refute-newseek-claims/

There's a tweet linked there from Andreas Antonopoulos and he says it's legit.  The article says he spoke with him recently.

The lawyer seems pretty sketchy though...
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 03:41:09 PM

If Andreas is giving the okay then I suppose it's alright then but I'll be watching.
tzortz

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 04:02:51 PM

Surprised with Andreas post.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 04:03:32 PM

Well it did seem like a scam at first.  However I read one of the links OP posted:

http://www.coindesk.com/dorian-nakamoto-launches-legal-fund-refute-newseek-claims/

There's a tweet linked there from Andreas Antonopoulos and he says it's legit.  The article says he spoke with him recently.

The lawyer seems pretty sketchy though...

Andreas already set up a Bitcoin address for Dorian Nakomoto. Why would this site ask people to send their bitcoin donations to a different one than the one he set up for Dorian?
Most of it sounds plausible, but that whole new bitcoin address seems...doesn't make sense.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: