Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:43:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Profit by Investing in the Diamond business  (Read 1941 times)
SatishMotaNaak (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:43:26 AM

Hi Friends,

I'm looking for partners who'd like to invest and become a part of a Diamond supply chain. There is a great deal of opportunity in the market and I am also working on an exchange where users can trade using crypto against the companies stock of diamonds. This shall shave off a some load from the companies inventory holding costs and help boost profits even more.

I am experienced in the cryptoshpere and have sufficient experience in the diamond trade too. Investing is a good way to increase your wealth and an opportunity like this is definitely less risky and more profitable than trading.

All serious players, kindly contact me as soon as possible.

Regards.
gordoh

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:10:37 PM

Im listening... Tell me more about this.
SatishMotaNaak (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:57:00 PM

Hey gordoh,

By sending rough dark brown diamonds to an HPHT processor, we turn these dark diamonds into lighter versions ranging from Yellow to Pink.

The dark diamonds are cheap, a 0.15ct VVS1 diamond can be bought at the cost of ~40$.

The diamond after processing turns into a lighter shade. Pink diamonds are the most expensive which would cost ~240$ a gain of 500%. A yellow or  green

diamond is still cheaper costing ~75$. The processing cost varies in the range of 15 - 30$.

Now after this process the diamonds require a round of polishing and finishing. Then the diamonds at hand are ready for sale.

Therefore by sending a lot of good quality dark brown diamonds and receiving good quality lighter or good colured diamonds ((blue, red, pink, violet)i.e. costlier than white) we are able to turn a good amount of profit.

Keeping this supply chain continuously running is a good business in and of itself. With the extra innovation of an exchange it just becomes easier to price highly competitively in the market.

Cheers
gordoh

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:19:56 PM

Interesting.

So where are you planning on running this operation from? And where will you be getting these brown diamonds from? ( I assume somewhere in Africa.)

Is the entire process legal?

How much would an investor need to put forth in order to get involved in your operation?
SatishMotaNaak (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:53:09 PM

The operation shall be run from Surat Gujarat India. The best place for getting diamonds polished and trade there is good too. The data regarding values presented before had been collected on my previous run 2 years back. I had to send diamonds to the USA for HPHT processing and then polished in Surat.

Now recently a few businessmen in Surat have bought HPHT processing units therefore it would be best to buy, process and sell in Surat. Although once the exchange is set up online worldwide sells shall also become a profitable option.

I understand why you feel importing diamonds from Africa would be cheap but after taxes it turns out to be the same. Just causes extra headache regarding secure pick up and transport.

I feel 32 BTC is enough to start pushing bulk quantities and later start the exchange using the profit. According to my calculations within an year there would be enough profit to move on to the next stage. Profit over the year should be at least 100 BTC.

If the exchange is also to be set up, it would be good to collect 120 BTC.
Decksperiment

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:34:18 PM

Interesting..

Surely sending diamond to america is a safer bet than some dude's who bought the finishing tool if I read this right?

Kinda like, Send diamond's to pro's in usa, which costs a bit, or to a noob elsewhere, who is no doubt practising in honing his/her skill, compared to the pro??

Just what sprung to mind Wink
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:20:13 PM

Which HPHT  processor do you plan to work with? Which companies do you plan to buy and sell from? Am interested
gordoh

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:30:23 AM

The biggest problem I have with this whole thing, ( and please don't take this personally, it has nothing to do with anybody in particular) is that little issue of trust.

You have to figure out a way to reassure your potential investors that you don't intend on running off with our Bitcoin. What you are asking for, 32 BTC is a huge sum of money to send to somebody that still has newbie status on this forum.

Personally, after all the money I have lost, I would like to see proof at the very least that what you are saying is true. At least some photos will help put a lot of peoples minds at ease.

I don't think you will get the funding on this forum. My suggestion for you is that you join BTCJam, build up your reputation there, and apply for the loan yourself. If what you say is true, you should have no problem paying back the loan.

Anyway, I wish you all the best of luck with this venture, and I hope that you don't intend on scamming any investors out of their hard earned BTC
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 05:33:36 AM

The operation shall be run from Surat Gujarat India. The best place for getting diamonds polished and trade there is good too. The data regarding values presented before had been collected on my previous run 2 years back. I had to send diamonds to the USA for HPHT processing and then polished in Surat.

Now recently a few businessmen in Surat have bought HPHT processing units therefore it would be best to buy, process and sell in Surat. Although once the exchange is set up online worldwide sells shall also become a profitable option.

I understand why you feel importing diamonds from Africa would be cheap but after taxes it turns out to be the same. Just causes extra headache regarding secure pick up and transport.

I feel 32 BTC is enough to start pushing bulk quantities and later start the exchange using the profit. According to my calculations within an year there would be enough profit to move on to the next stage. Profit over the year should be at least 100 BTC.

So let me guess - you want to fund 100% of the business... yet you still want to own a good portion of the company?

Be honest - the only reason you came here is because bitcoin is irreversible.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 06:50:53 AM

I'd like to point out that these guys are very likely scammers and I've called them out before, chances are even if they send you something it could easily be some kind of Cubic Zirconia that look like Diamonds on their photographs but are worth only a fraction of what real diamonds are worth and so on or they'll just run off with the money if you're dumb enough not to use escrow. Don't trust them, legitimate diamond dealers would not show up on a forum like this and immediately want to do a $12,657 deal, if they even do have these diamonds and are selling them that cheaply they are definitely conflict or from an illegal source so they could be stolen on top of that.

I don't give a shit if I offend the OP, I've seen this kind of thing before, I've forgotten the name of the guy on Bitcointalk but he runs Gem Vault and you can contact him if you want diamonds and he's already done transactions legitimately with escrow using Bitcoin.

http://thegemvault.com/

Again, nobody new and professional would attempt to do this kind of deal with such a large amount of Bitcoin without asking for escrow without being some kind of scammer. I have actually bought gemstones before and I know what I'm talking about, use established members and if you do use a newbie to buy something for crying out loud don't make a large purchase or use escrow.
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:31:49 AM

I'd like to point out that these guys are very likely scammers and I've called them out before, chances are even if they send you something it could easily be some kind of Cubic Zirconia that look like Diamonds on their photographs but are worth only a fraction of what real diamonds are worth and so on or they'll just run off with the money if you're dumb enough not to use escrow. Don't trust them, legitimate diamond dealers would not show up on a forum like this and immediately want to do a $12,657 deal, if they even do have these diamonds and are selling them that cheaply they are definitely conflict or from an illegal source so they could be stolen on top of that.

Exactly. I very much doubt there is any genuine business opportunity here other than a scam that has had a little bit of thought put into it to try make it sound like a viable and easy get rich quick scheme.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 12:17:07 PM

Have to say though, I am looking forward to the day I can legitimately buy Gemstones and Jewellery supplies with Bitcoin :S too bad we're not there yet because I'd go on a massive spending spree.
Decksperiment

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:44:39 PM

Based on your first paragraph, you already have the contacts, data means nothing, and with at least 2 years experience in your previous run, you should have enough to kickstart yourself.

Why would it be best to do whatever in surat?

With regards to 32btc being enough to start pushing bulk quantities, this may be true, but when you say later, (no profit for at least a year) how much later? I mean surely we'd have to complete all stages necessary to realise the actual profit? It takes a year to get past the first step, how long for the second, third etc?

As for the exchange, it should be set up already for investors to 'see' what they're investing in no?
crystalsum

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:58:33 PM

How can you turn a brown diamond into a different colour? Surely if it's brown then it stays the same?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SILVERWALLETS.COM ≡ A New Kind of Physical Storage For Your BTCitcoin
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SatishMotaNaak1

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:19:35 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2014, 07:44:33 PM by SatishMotaNaak1

It would be best to do this in surat as it is the cheapest place in the world for polishing. Israel is 2nd.

Sorry I've changed my username a few times, since I've lost my password. I'm an older member as such. Also (I just lost my login again after clearing private data on my browser so now have a newbie id again).

The issue about trust could be managed using escrow etc better if we have a Texan on board too (i.e. a citizen of Texas, that is where the facility of the US lies. i.e. the one I have experience with.)

I agree trying hpht processing in surat may be a risk. I'll test it using a small batch, the people of Gujarat are highly enterprising and would have probably figured out how to use them machines by now.

I have not been doing this continuously for 2 years, I did it 2 years back and then as I was working on a cloud based collaboration environment for teams(a different startup)I didn't have time to continue doing what would get me good profit regularly and went to do a startup that had a technical element to it (maybe so it'd justify my engg degree) which was a risky dot com dream.

Also last time I did this I invested 6 BTC it is better to have  a higher investment as sending 3 carats of diamonds and sending 30 carats of diamonds cost the same only the customs duty is proportional to the amount of diamonds sent but still pretty cheap in India like Israel which too tries to keep the diamond trade environment conducive for business.

You could google and learn about all that I've said. Also I feel things would be much more professional if the investment is made legal...not social contract legal a serious contract valid in indian and international court of law. There is room to have 49% international investment and control for a business run in India.

Also if there are people who'd like to become trading partners in their own countries, It's be good to have regular buyers who use Crypto. Although is not vital for running the business.

A lot of good questions have been asked. It's best to make an educated decision so plz let me know if you need any other clarification.

It might be nice to start the exchange now but it being a new avenue  might require me to do better R&R/research.
Also without the diamond stock backing the exchange's currency it does not have a Unique Selling Point which I feel should really push the exchange in a good light.

Go to the below mentioned link.
Pledge an amount for now It'll help us understand how many investors would it require.

https://www.ethercalc.org/ojibxajbgy

More about hpht color enhancement: https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CC4QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hphtdiamonds.com%2Ffaq.html&ei=as4-VJaQMNiRuASuyID4Bw&usg=AFQjCNFzy-2gb-aJd2BHl8n56BtZOva2QA&sig2=KwnjDlWI8VnJmI6_5K1Yyg
Decksperiment

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:37:45 PM

1: You get what you pay for, sometimes, cheapest is'nt alway's best, especially in the diamond field, quality and experience of polishing to a high standard take's a few year's, if they've just bought the gear..?

The second sentence killed any chance of anyone taking any bait in my opinion..

I would send a sample first if I was you, a genuine one, just to raise the stake's lol..
SatishMotaNaak1

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:55:46 AM

It's not just about being cheapest, Surat is the best place in the world to get this high skill work done. Some go even so far as to say, all diamonds in the world have traveled through Surat.

If you wish to see a sample I could courier one to you. But It'll definitely be a paid delivery, unless I'm sure of someone getting ready to invest I wouldn't like to invest a lot into the relationship.
otrkid70

Activity: 920
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 08:43:44 AM

"a gain of 500%"

Bullshit.....just straight up Bullshit. First of all if your profit Margin is 500% you wouldn't need an investor and would be filthy rich in no time at all. Not even the Drug trade has a 500% profit. Debeers corporation don't make 500% and they mine them.

Second if your profit margin is 500% then you are involved in smuggling and killing for the Diamonds and the Words "Blood Diamonds" comes to front.
Bullet=$1
person who has Diamond worth $500
Shoot person with $500 Diamond
Sell Diamond=500% profit

So you are either a Liar or a filthy evil person who capitalizes on the suffering of the Blood Diamond trade. Either way you suck.

lol 500% you silly fuck.
mmsen

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 08:53:29 AM

There are any number of people actively looking to invest in viable diamond mines and businesses.

This guy is an (amateur) scam artist.

Very amateur.
otrkid70

Activity: 920
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:06:17 AM

This thread is illegal according to the U.N.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimberley_Process_Certification_Scheme

Compliance[edit]
Requirements[edit]
Each shipment of rough diamonds crossing an international border should be:
Transported in a tamper-resistant container.
Accompanied by a government-validated Kimberley Process Certificate.
Each certificate must be resistant to forgery, uniquely numbered and describe the shipment's contents.
The shipments are only supposed to be exported to other KPCS participant countries.
Failure to comply with these procedures may lead to the removal of the non-complying member country. If any concerns arise regarding a country's adherence to the scheme, they must be investigated and dealt with by the World Trade Organization.

This guy i'm sure is not Registered for the rough Diamond trade with the U.N.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: