Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:50:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: mintpal keeping my btc?  (Read 1674 times)
Victoo

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:47:40 AM

It's very unfortunate to see Mintpal going down with people's coins/money.

I had only 5000 dogecoins left there so I am safe but I still feel pain for other people Sad

It's time that we don't trust any exchange for keeping coins, just trade and withdraw immediately.
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:58:27 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2014, 01:42:45 PM by Armis

It's very unfortunate to see Mintpal going down with people's coins/money.

I had only 5000 dogecoins left there so I am safe but I still feel pain for other people Sad

It's time that we don't trust any exchange for keeping coins, just trade and withdraw immediately.

If everyone did as you suggest there would be no standing market, only auctions nevertheless  

1)  how safe is the wallet you transfer the funds to?
2)  if you transfer it to any wallet that has internet access you have a potential problem,
3)  is your computer wallet password protected?
4)  is your computer wallet hackproof?
5)  can your computer not get destroyed, vandalized, or stolen?
6)  can your paper wallets not get lost or destroyed?

please tell me that you have 2 of 3 multi-sig paper wallets and that each of the signers have at least two places to retrieve their respective codes, then I will know you have a safe wallet.

With that in mind, there is no practical way transfer in, out, back, forth and at the same time maximize security, you would loose so much time it would not be worth the savings of not doing it and getting ripped off a bit.  The bottom line is in the CC business you must leave room for lots of loss, regardless of how that loss occurs: via clicking error, stuck transactions, lost deposits, scams, hacks, exchange failure, all the way up to developer mismanagement or just missing.

The safest way to deal in the CC biz is the least profitable way, not just withdraw out of exchange everyday, also to withdraw out of crypto everyday.

I know there were people foolishly trying to get mintpal's bounty of 1.25BTC by doing 100BTC worth of trades.  In order to even consider that you had to commit many resources to the effort: lots of funds, lots of time, and lots of energy.   All of those people got screwed so hard they are mince meat right now.

Because of all of the scams, and all of the general dishonesty the CC industry is not growing as it should and rates keep falling instead of rising.  
lilin321

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:33:40 PM

I tried to send my btc from mint to a wallet, not much, but why keep it there when you can do shit with it. I had some alt coins transfers go through as usual, but btc not happening, no response from support and I think i see a problem. anyone else?

Now, they prohibit withdrawal, may be are filed for bankruptcy!

CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:43:56 PM

There was lots fo talk in last few weeks already. i dont understand why you did not withdrew your money out before.
Arsenay

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:48:25 PM

There was lots fo talk in last few weeks already. i dont understand why you did not withdrew your money out before.

not all stick out here 24/7 and read everything
surprise, huh?))
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: